Change led colour on 1070 founders

Cyroos

Am I able to change the led colour on the EVGA 1070 founders edition. I cant find online if it is compatible with the GeForce GTX LED Visualizer. 

Thank you!

9 minutes ago, Cyroos said:

Am I able to change the led colour on the EVGA 1070 founders edition. I cant find online if it is compatible with the GeForce GTX LED Visualizer. 

Thank you!

I dont have a founder 1070 myself, but I'm pretty sure all ref so far you can only change it so it "breath" or so, not changing color. The color is always green

My rig: Intel Core i7 4790k | MSI Z97 PC Mate | GSKILL Ripjaws X 16GB 1866MHz | ADATA Premier SP550 480GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Seagate Barracuda 2TB  | MSI Gaming X GTX 1070 | Thermaltake Versa N21 | Corsair CX550M Semi Modular PSU | AOC G2460PF 144Hz | Logitech G502 | GSKILL Ripjaws KM780  | GAMDIAS HEPHAESTUS V2  PCPartPicker | Old Build Log | New Build Log

The LED on the reference design coolers is white, with the green colour coming from a thin layer of paint on the GeForce logo. The colour of the LED can't be changed (not easily, at least), but you can change the logo to white by sanding off the paint. You can also change the colour after by carefully re-painting the logo. 

I have a post showing how to change the logo to white (on a Titan Black, but the process is more or less the same) 

Bh49nD3.jpg

Thanks man, I may try it out.

• 2 years later...
On 21.6.2016 at 4:24 AM, Oshino Shinobu said:

The LED on the reference design coolers is white, with the green colour coming from a thin layer of paint on the GeForce logo. The colour of the LED can't be changed (not easily, at least), but you can change the logo to white by sanding off the paint. You can also change the colour after by carefully re-painting the logo. 

I have a post showing how to change the logo to white (on a Titan Black, but the process is more or less the same) 

Bh49nD3.jpg

that looks good but im gonna do it to my future rtx 2080 ti so im a bit cautious. can you scrape it insite the card like get a tiny flat screwdriver and scrape it off? am to scared to damage my card by opening!

CPU: Intel I9-9900K Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus XI CODE RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance PRO 3200MHZ GPU: Asus ROG 2080ti OC Storage: Samsung 970pro 2x1TB, 2Tb HDD Case: Lian Li PC O11 dynamic, Cooling:custom loop incoming, for now 360 rog ryujin!

10 hours ago, Bayonett Priest said:

that looks good but im gonna do it to my future rtx 2080 ti so im a bit cautious. can you scrape it insite the card like get a tiny flat screwdriver and scrape it off? am to scared to damage my card by opening!

You're more likely to gouge the plastic and scratch the cooler than get the colour off. You really need to do it with sand paper. It takes a while too