Asus Z87-I Deluxe - where to buy

NCIX: http://bit.ly/18mvQe0

Amazon: http://geni.us/b9azqG

So the obvious question for anyone buying an mITX motherboard for a compact gaming or productivity machine is not "should I get an ASUS motherboard?" but rather "Should I get the Maximus VI Impact or the Z87-I Deluxe?"

It comes down to what you need. This one has more SATA ports, and ASUS' 4-way optimization, whereas the RoG board opts for better onboard sound and a more aggressive look, with a (slightly) more over-built design. The reality is either one is an awesome choice, and for me it might end up coming down to which one looks better with my other components since I use an external sound card these days anyway.

I still can't get over that gold. I can't be the only one that wants to do a maxed out Prodigy build with an Impact.

I still can't get over that gold. I can't be the only one that wants to do a maxed out Prodigy build with an Impact.

I wish a motherboard manufacturer would do some fricken all black/black and gray motherboards other than Gigabyte.

Available from 3pm to Midnight Eastern Time (GMT-5). (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')> You can't stop the kirby dance. 

4770k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini | Lian Li PC-TU100B | MSI Z87I 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper | Noctua NH-L9i Silverstone Strider 450W SFX | Windows 10 | 2x 250GB 840 Evo Rad 0 1x 1TB WD 2.5" | 25% gaming, 25% CAD and rendering, and 50% web browsing.

I wish a motherboard manufacturer would do some fricken all black/black and gray motherboards other than Gigabyte.

The eVGA Stinger is close, some very minor red accents. Also what's wrong with the Gigabyte board?

The eVGA Stinger is close, some very minor red accents. Also what's wrong with the Gigabyte board?

Nothing, I just want to see some diversity.  Since one motherboard may have features I like while the Gigabyte one does not offer them.

Available from 3pm to Midnight Eastern Time (GMT-5). (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')> You can't stop the kirby dance. 

4770k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini | Lian Li PC-TU100B | MSI Z87I 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper | Noctua NH-L9i Silverstone Strider 450W SFX | Windows 10 | 2x 250GB 840 Evo Rad 0 1x 1TB WD 2.5" | 25% gaming, 25% CAD and rendering, and 50% web browsing.

Nothing, I just want to see some diversity.  Since one motherboard may have features I like while the Gigabyte one does not offer them.

I'm surprised MSi hasn't gotten into Mitx yet.

I'm surprised MSi hasn't gotten into Mitx yet.

I would kill for an Mpower ITX board.

I would kill for an Mpower ITX board.

OMG YUS, we need this!

OMG YUS, we need this!

and EK waterblocks to go on it.

Why couldn't they just add 7.1 audio? Looks like they had the space?

If you love what you do, it's not work.

If only boards like this existed two years ago when I built this rig!