11 replies to this topic
LinusTech
LinusTech

Mr. Tech Tips

• Administrator
  • 2,002 posts

NCIX: http://bit.ly/18mvQe0

Amazon: http://amzn.to/16DPNQv

So the obvious question for anyone buying an mITX motherboard for a compact gaming or productivity machine is not "should I get an ASUS motherboard?" but rather "Should I get the Maximus VI Impact or the Z87-I Deluxe?"

It comes down to what you need. This one has more SATA ports, and ASUS' 4-way optimization, whereas the RoG board opts for better onboard sound and a more aggressive look, with a (slightly) more over-built design. The reality is either one is an awesome choice, and for me it might end up coming down to which one looks better with my other components since I use an external sound card these days anyway.

• Vitalius likes this

Excon
Excon

Canada, eh?

• 5,240 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

I still can't get over that gold. I can't be the only one that wants to do a maxed out Prodigy build with an Impact.

i7 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Hero | 16Gb Dominator Platinum 2133mhz | Gigabyte Windforce 970 1563/1928

H100i w/ Swiftech Helix fans | Evga G2 850w | 6x SSDs | 6x Seagate Barracudas

Fractal Define R4 Titanium| HD558 w/ Fiio E10 | AT2020 | G710+ | Logitech G700s |  DP2710 Asus PA248Q

Maskot
Maskot

Toast

• 1,500 posts
  • LocationWellington, Florida, US

I still can't get over that gold. I can't be the only one that wants to do a maxed out Prodigy build with an Impact.

I wish a motherboard manufacturer would do some fricken all black/black and gray motherboards other than Gigabyte.

Available from 3pm to Midnight Eastern Time (GMT-5). (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')> You can't stop the kirby dance. 

Current Build

Excon
Excon

Canada, eh?

• 5,240 posts

I wish a motherboard manufacturer would do some fricken all black/black and gray motherboards other than Gigabyte.

The eVGA Stinger is close, some very minor red accents. Also what's wrong with the Gigabyte board?

i7 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Hero | 16Gb Dominator Platinum 2133mhz | Gigabyte Windforce 970 1563/1928

Fractal Define R4 Titanium| HD558 w/ Fiio E10 | AT2020 | G710+ | Logitech G700s |  DP2710 Asus PA248Q

Maskot
Maskot

Toast

• 1,500 posts

The eVGA Stinger is close, some very minor red accents. Also what's wrong with the Gigabyte board?

Nothing, I just want to see some diversity.  Since one motherboard may have features I like while the Gigabyte one does not offer them.

• Excon likes this

Available from 3pm to Midnight Eastern Time (GMT-5). (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')> You can't stop the kirby dance. 

Current Build

Excon
Excon

Canada, eh?

• 5,240 posts

Nothing, I just want to see some diversity.  Since one motherboard may have features I like while the Gigabyte one does not offer them.

I'm surprised MSi hasn't gotten into Mitx yet.

• Maskot and TheSLSAMG like this

Maskot
Maskot

Toast

• 1,500 posts

I'm surprised MSi hasn't gotten into Mitx yet.

I would kill for an Mpower ITX board.

Current Build

Excon
Excon

Canada, eh?

• 5,240 posts

I would kill for an Mpower ITX board.

OMG YUS, we need this!

Maskot
Maskot

Toast

• 1,500 posts

OMG YUS, we need this!

and EK waterblocks to go on it.

Current Build

marc23
marc23

• 59 posts

Why couldn't they just add 7.1 audio? Looks like they had the space?

If you love what you do, it's not work.

GiovanniMoonen
GiovanniMoonen

• 5 posts

hmm i wish i had the money for something like this.. #poordutchguylol

Mooshi
Mooshi

(´・ω・`)

• 4,970 posts
  • LocationUS

If only boards like this existed two years ago when I built this rig!

Twitter handle: @Moocatte / Writes articles for TechRaptor - Feel free to follow or read my musings! :3

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: asus, itx, mitx, z87-i deluxe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users