Best wireless Headset

NotSoHonestAbe

I'm looking for a wireless Headset. I don't have a sound card, and my best experience has been with USB audio. Does anyone have any recommendations?

i dont usually recommend wireless headsets but the G930 seems to be popular. whats your budget? are you opposed to buying headphones?

G930 is a great headset. This would be a good choice (it has 7.1 virtual surround too).

Also have a look at the Creative Recon3D headsets. There is a wireless one which I have tried before and it is amazing.

Feel free to ask me for any advice, and I may ask for yours too. I'm an otaku. =)
Steam: hiddenshadow8

as long as you dont have a big head the corsair V2K

currently there are 3 headsets that I am aware of logitech' date=' corsair and creative. I crossed the logitechs off my list when I was shopping for them as they had 40mm drivers instead of the 50 that the other 2 had however the logitech has the 'g' buttons which is cool, kind of I guess maybe? out of the latter 2 I picked the newer one the corsair. in hindsight I might have picked up the creative based on 1 fact, it says it has uncompressed wireless. compression is all about getting more information getting thru to the destination mp3's are a form of compressed files and flac, wav and alac files are the uncompressed cousins of mp3's. that said I don't detect any degredation in sound with the corsairs but I am new to headphones and I don't think my ears are trained enough. that said I really like my corsairs. they pound bass, I have big earlobes and at the right frequencies they get wiggled by the bass. compared to my audio technicas they sound veiled, muffled like a blanket is draped over the sound on the plus side the corsair responds well to equalizer manipulation, they sound good I'm getting better and better at adjusting the EQ. mic is great range is decent and does get the 10 - 14 meters as advertised. virtual 7.1? JUNK in fact I even dislike dolby headphone. to me it is like putting toilet paper rolls to your ears to get artificial echo and reverb. I've been forcing myself to use the corsair playing black ops and my audio technicas with dolby headphone on the same game. I really don't like the artificial dolby headphone or the virtual 7.1 I can detect where the sound is coming from but its not as good as getting location queues from a headphone with proper soundstage. TLDR sometimes convenience trumps fidelity. I give the corsair a thumbs up but the creative's uncompressed transmitter might be something to look at. [/quote']

By all means stay away from the corsair v2k. I have had 3 in the past 2 months and they continue to crack right above the ear cup. After the first one broke completely I made sure to be as careful as possible and right now cracks are developing again. The sound is great but replacing a 150$ headset is not acceptable. Unless there is a new design or revision the headset is not worth the trouble.

I'm not against buying headphones, my webcam has a microphone built in, so headphones would be fine.

Careful with webcam mics, they are generally horrible quality. You'd be better off buying an attachable mic to put on the side of the headphones (they cost ~$30 and they have nice quality).

Feel free to ask me for any advice, and I may ask for yours too. I'm an otaku. =)
Steam: hiddenshadow8

My budget is $60 max. Which headsets can I look out for?

you DO NOT WANT sub $100 wireless unless you enjoy hearing static random beeps and ticks and having stuff drop out every once in a while. @ that pricepoint you should disregard wireless for another few years till the price of the tech comes down

At that price point I could buy a headset with a cord and then step on it and break the cord and leave the headset completely useless like I've done with my previous 2 headsets. I need a wireless headset.

I've been looking to unload my turtle beach X31 headset which I am embarrased to even own. it is their cheaper version of "wireless" game sound is via hissy clicky chirpy RF signal. however the mic signal is wired I'll include the necessary parts to be able to hook it to your PC which is what the primary use was for. $15 plus shipping from canada.

again . these sound horrible.