Looking for advice !

Hey guys,

I'm looking to set up a system in my house where I can have music(CDs and Vinyl), a laptop for movies hooked up to a projector and possibly the radio coming out of one set of speakers. I'm hoping to be able to just switch between said things as I please, so if I wanted to watch a movie just have the sound for that and then change to playing a CD and so on. Any ideas or insight would be greatly appreciated.

So you need something like this: https://www.amazon.com/4x1-Switcher-Selector-Control-SB-5440RL/dp/B002WMZWVG ?

Im sure you could find something similar but way cheaper...

CPU - Intel core i7 4790K @ 4.00Ghz | GPU - MSI GTX970 G4 4GB | RAM - Corsair 16GB LP @ 1600Mhz | MOBO - MSI Gaming 5 Z97

HHDs - WD blue 1TB, Toshiba 500GB, Samsung 240GB(ssd) | Case - NZXT H440 | Cooler - NZXT kraken x61(soon) | PSU - Corsair RM 850W

Monitors - 2x BenQ RL2455HM | Headset - Steel Series Siberia Elite prism | MouseSteel Series Rivals | Keyboard - Steel Series Apex M800

8 minutes ago, terrahertz said:

So you need something like this: https://www.amazon.com/4x1-Switcher-Selector-Control-SB-5440RL/dp/B002WMZWVG ?

Im sure you could find something similar but way cheaper...

Something like that is what I had in mind tbh. The only thing is I don't know if I will need a new AMP to play the Vinyl through, would there be something that would work as an AMP for the vinyl and be suitable for the other things as well ?

16 minutes ago, ConneelyS said:

Something like that is what I had in mind tbh. The only thing is I don't know if I will need a new AMP to play the Vinyl through, would there be something that would work as an AMP for the vinyl and be suitable for the other things as well ?

So maybe something like this https://www.amazon.com/RADIO-DESIGN-EZ-HSX4-SWITCHER-HEADPHONE/dp/B002RMYHA

CPU - Intel core i7 4790K @ 4.00Ghz | GPU - MSI GTX970 G4 4GB | RAM - Corsair 16GB LP @ 1600Mhz | MOBO - MSI Gaming 5 Z97

HHDs - WD blue 1TB, Toshiba 500GB, Samsung 240GB(ssd) | Case - NZXT H440 | Cooler - NZXT kraken x61(soon) | PSU - Corsair RM 850W

Monitors - 2x BenQ RL2455HM | Headset - Steel Series Siberia Elite prism | MouseSteel Series Rivals | Keyboard - Steel Series Apex M800

3 minutes ago, terrahertz said:

I'm not even really sure what it is that I need but I would need a HDMI connection for the laptop and projector. I will have a look at the link there and see if it would sort me out though, thanks

If it's all in one room a receiver with a phono input would work.  

6 minutes ago, Norman said:

If it's all in one room a receiver with a phono input would work.  

How would that work with playing movies through my PC ? I was looking at receiver earlier on and they seem to be the sort of thing I'm looking for but they are pretty expensive but I mean if it will work I don't mind paying a little more.