Best cpu right now for gaming?

59 minutes ago, stconquest said:

Can you link a picture of your motherboard?  Or give us the model number?

Every detail I know is on my profile.

1 hour ago, TwinDenis said:

Ok, so I ran it for 5 mins or less, way less.

anyway, which are the options considering what i have?

In case I need new cooling solution, I guess it should be quiet as well

also please consider european prices.

OP is most likely using a prebuilt workstation pc so upgrading is very limited to the cooling and thats about it. 

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning." -Albert Einstein

58 minutes ago, glitchmaster0001 said:

OP is most likely using a prebuilt workstation pc so upgrading is very limited to the cooling and thats about it. 

maybe we could see for mobo as well, but I guess you know better, anyway I will stay on pc for about 10 minutes or so, then after a few hours I will relog

thanks for the help.

58 minutes ago, stconquest said:

Is this your motherboard?

Z6Bvig3.jpg

looks like it, yeah

2 minutes ago, TwinDenis said:

maybe we could see for mobo as well, but I guess you know better, anyway I will stay on pc for about 10 minutes or so, then after a few hours I will relog

thanks for the help.

I see a 24 pin power socket and an 8-pin power socket.  That is standard.

1 minute ago, TwinDenis said:

looks like it, yeah

i knew it so at this point i can recommend you upgrade the cooling solution first to something cheap like the cryorig h7 and see if that solves your issue. if it doesnt at least you got a much more silent PC and you can reuse the cooler for a future build 

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning." -Albert Einstein

just check the manfucturer's info to be sure, its an dell precision t3600

1 minute ago, stconquest said:

i hear that the pinout on those connectors are different though. thank god OP doesnt have HP though cuz that shit is like the king of proprietary parts 

just check the manfucturer's info to be sure, its an dell precision t3600

Just look in your PC.  Find the power connectors from the PSU to the motherboard.  Is the main one 24 pin?  Is there a second one that is either 4-pin or 8-pin (CPU power)?

58 minutes ago, glitchmaster0001 said:

i knew it so at this point i can recommend you upgrade the cooling solution first to something cheap like the cryorig h7 and see if that solves your issue. if it doesnt at least you got a much more silent PC and you can reuse the cooler for a future build 

good , though I want a silent cooling fan solution, I sorta sleep in the same room when rendering and stuff.

Just look in your PC.  Find the power connectors from the PSU to the motherboard.  Is the main one 24 pin?  Is there a second one that is either 4-pin or 8-pin (CPU power)?

I honestly cant tell, not much experience either, if you can check the specs on some manual or something, they might have more info

i did some googling and does your PSU have 2 tiny fans at the back of it? and does it look something like this?  and this?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dell-NVC7F-Precision-T3600-T5600-635W-Power-Supply-D635EF-00-DPS-635AB-/252425208823?hash=item3ac5b703f7:g:TpkAAOSwOVpXYGWO

product_1446773766.jpg

1 hour ago, stconquest said:

its like this but more watt

its like this but more watt

i left an ebay link to so click on it as well for the 625 watt

7 minutes ago, TwinDenis said:

from the looks of it that PSU looks like the ones youd find in a 2u server box as the PSU looks like its howswappable if you have redundant PSUs. so youd have to find a server PSU not a desktop one. dont quote me on that one though as i have little experience with server PSUs. my current system uses a supermicro dual socket server board and it works fine with a desktop PSU but your mileage may vary so yea... 

1 hour ago, glitchmaster0001 said:

from the looks of it that PSU looks like the ones youd find in a 2u server box as the PSU looks like its howswappable if you have redundant PSUs. so youd have to find a server PSU not a desktop one. dont quote me on that one though as i have little experience with server PSUs. my current system uses a supermicro dual socket server board and it works fine with a desktop PSU but your mileage may vary so yea... 

soo... what should be done?

soo... what should be done?

as of now i would just find a cheap CPU cooler to replace the stock one that dell has. this one seems to be pretty good for the money. and its pretty quiet too. 

http://de.pcpartpicker.com/product/cwPzK8/be-quiet-cpu-cooler-bk009.

make sure to check if the cooler will fit in your tower before buying though! 

as of now i would just find a cheap CPU cooler to replace the stock one that dell has. this one seems to be pretty good for the money. and its pretty quiet too. 

http://de.pcpartpicker.com/product/cwPzK8/be-quiet-cpu-cooler-bk009.

make sure to check if the cooler will fit in your tower before buying though! 

what about voltage?

3 minutes ago, TwinDenis said:

what about voltage?

for what the cooler? both fans on the there use 12v power. if you are talking about your PSU i did read an article on toms hardware saying how you could buy a 850w psu from the same model computer as yours and it would be compatible. heres a link to the article below. maybe you can do the same thing the guy in that post did. 

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2610635/suitable-power-supply-dell-precision-t3600-geforce-titan-black.html

for what the cooler? both fans on the there use 12v power. if you are talking about your PSU i did read an article on toms hardware saying how you could buy a 850w psu from the same model computer as yours and it would be compatible. heres a link to the article below. maybe you can do the same thing the guy in that post did. 

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2610635/suitable-power-supply-dell-precision-t3600-geforce-titan-black.html

do the rails and everything support all components including gtx980?

also the guy says "

I would downvote Zerk's answer if possible. It is blatantly wrong. Dell Precision computers use proprietary power supplies. And by that, you can't just say 250W and expect everything to fall your way.
Also, you can't calculate 250W TDP and call it a day. The GTX Titan X would get hot and waste more power.

Therefore, unselect the answer and give it to bambiboom, who's got his information right this time.

"

can you link me to specific products ?

the guy in that post was trying to run a titian black which is even more power hungry than a 980 

15 minutes ago, TwinDenis said:

also the guy says "

I would downvote Zerk's answer if possible. It is blatantly wrong. Dell Precision computers use proprietary power supplies. And by that, you can't just say 250W and expect everything to fall your way.
Also, you can't calculate 250W TDP and call it a day. The GTX Titan X would get hot and waste more power.

Therefore, unselect the answer and give it to bambiboom, who's got his information right this time.

"

can you link me to specific products ?

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.TRS0&_nkw=dell+t5600+825w+psu&_sacat=0

here i hope you get your problem resolved. first i recommennd you do the cheaper upgrade though which is the CPU cooler, then if that dont work try the PSU. best of luck to you.