eBay Computer Parts

Should I buy a graphics card off eBay? Or really any computer parts off eBay? What's your opinion?

i5 12600k | ASRock Z690M-ITX 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA 2080 Super Black | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB + 980 1TB | Corsair RMx 650W | Thermaltake Tower 100 White

1 minute ago, Gamessys said:

Should I buy a graphics card off eBay? Or really any computer parts off eBay? What's your opinion?

sure

Silverstone FT-05: 8 Broadwell Xeon (6900k soon), Asus X99 A, Asus GTX 1070, 1tb Samsung 850 pro, NH-D15

Resist!

used parts yes, ebay maybe. you need to know your stuff to ebay like a pro. 

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

be careful with it but i would do it on a tight budget

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

I've bought lots of computer parts off ebay, just make sure you buy from a reputable seller with plenty of positive feedback and you should be fine. The only issue is that if you ever need to RMA a product, sometimes the manufactures can be dicks if you say you bought the product off ebay.

I've done very well off of eBay.  Refurb laptops.  "Broken" motherboards that I've revived with things as simple as removing the battery for an hour.  Computer parts of almost all kinds.   Check out the feedback ratings.  And keep in mind that  at some level, it is a gamble.  So don't risk money that you absolutely can't afford to lose.

My only 'bad' incident with eBay was buying a digital camera from a guy in Ottawa about 15 years ago.  Spent a small fortune on it, and it didn't show up.  Ended up getting the cops (OPP) involved and the guy ultimately was charged with fraud and pled guilty (pulled the same scam against ~20 others!).  Received court-ordered restitution for 70% of my outlay a year later.