10 Cell 1A Lithium Charger under 10$

iamdarkyoshi
30 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

EET VERKS!

Details will be posted tomorrow if I can remember.

Images will do for now.

IMG_20160707_221331.jpg

IMG_20160707_221314.jpg

IMG_20160707_221307.jpg

LOL! That's a frankenstein of a battery charger! Although I can't help but point out that the +ve and ground are borderline getting shorted together. Also, I wonder if you flip the chargers could the IC use the PSU casing as heatsink?

The Internet is invented by cats. Why? Why else would it have so much cat videos?

10 hours ago, Huntsman said:

LOL! That's a frankenstein of a battery charger! Although I can't help but point out that the +ve and ground are borderline getting shorted together. Also, I wonder if you flip the chargers could the IC use the PSU casing as heatsink?

There are holes drilled through the case for the battery and +5v. The PSU chassis is heatsinking the chips through the PCB. I put thermal paste under the boards (and the chip has a thermal pad underneath)

The chassis was used for ground on all the boards. I took the PSU's ground wires and soldered them to the case.

My cheap chinese yihua knockoff (yes, a knockoff of a knockoff) can solder directly to the metal chassis, which is how I mounted the boards.