ASUS 24" MG248Q FHD or ASUS 24" VG248QE?

FabulousFOX

So i was thinking about buying a second monitor and i really want a "gaming" monitor like one that have 144hz and i have been researching alot.But it has come down to benq,asus or acer.Im leaning towards the asus mg248q or asus vg248qe becuase they have displayports and hdmi(i know 144hz dont work with hdmi) so i want to ask the reddit community which one you think is better the price is like 30-40 euro the mg248q is about 330-340 and the vg248qe is about 300.I really want to buy the monitor this month while you still get doom for free when buying an asus monitor.II have also been looking at the benq xl2411z(about the same orice as the vg248qe) but there are some things i dont like about that monitor.

If you have an AMD GPU, I would get a Nixeus Vue24 like I have, since it cost same as a VG248QE (at least it does here). If the Nixeus Vue24 is not available in your country or you dont have an AMD GPU, I would get the MG248Q.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

i have an asus strix gtx970 so i have all the horse power i need

I got the VG248QE as my main monitor.

The colors werent HORRIBLE out of the box, but they werent the best either, so I had to spend like 30-1hr to get them just the way i liked it.

other than that its been a GREAT monitor

I just got my MG248Q, I haven't tested it a lot, but so far I like it! I chose it over the VG248Q because it had Free-Sync, but since you have a GTX 970, you won't benefit from it. I also bought it on sale while it was at the same price as the VG248Q.

I'll give you more details later :)!

9 hours ago, FabulousFOX said:

why doesnt gtx970 have free-sync?

Free Sync is AMD's technology of a variable refresh rate. You have a Nvidia based card, so it has G-Sync which is Nvidia's variable refresh rate technology.

Its honestly reall sad and annoying that they don't work with each other...

IS g-sync really needed or will the be good without it?

ASUS 24" MG248Q