Yi 4K Action Cam

13 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

2:09

Zzzz. Always love it when Premiere wastes 2.5 hours of my time.

We're fixing.

Can you please stop with the clickbait titles...

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Definitely considering this as I am using the 1st gen 2k Yi and this seems better in every single way

3 minutes ago, ZetZet said:

This time, its completely relevant

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

2 minutes ago, ZetZet said:

Clickable =/= clickbait.

"Clickbait" implies that the title is not accurate. The title here is accurate, it's just a lot more interesting than "Product X Review."

5 minutes ago, nicklmg said:

Clickable =/= clickbait.

"Clickbait" implies that the title is not accurate. The title here is accurate, it's just a lot more interesting than "Product X Review."

true

Just joined the forum? Read this:

A Quick Guide To Get Started

Need Help Doing Something? Read this:

Guides & Tutorials Catalog

Need a New SSD? Read this:

Droidbot's SATA3 SSD Tier List

Need a New PSU? Read this:

PSU Tier List

In the mood for some memes? Look at these:

Linus Memes

Want to know my PC Specs and Peripherals?

Spoiler

CPU - Intel Xeon E5 2609 v3     Motherboard - ASRock X99 Extreme3      RAM - 16gb HyperX Fury DDR4      GPU - EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 770 SC      

Case - Inwin 103       Storage - HyperX Savage 240gb SSD      PSU - 550W Enermax NAXN      Display(s) - 2x Lenovo L27i-28, Dell 24"      Cooling - Corsair H100i Platinum     Keyboard - Corsair K95 Platinum MX Speed      Mouse - Logitech G900      Sound - Audio Technica ATH-M50x     Operating System - Windows 10 Pro

Join the LTT F@H Team!

You can help scientists studying Alzheimer's, Huntington's, and many cancers by simply running a piece of software on your computer.

Start now: Folding@Home Install Guide and Links

6 minutes ago, nicklmg said:

Clickable =/= clickbait.

Okay, let me change that. 

Can you stop with the Buzzfeed titles?

You can do "Product X Review - BUZZFEED TITLE OMG" much better for people who google for results or just browse the channel.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

1 minute ago, ZetZet said:

Okay, let me change that. 

Can you stop with the Buzzfeed titles?

"10 ways that the Yi 4K Action Camera will improve your success in relationships!"

"OMG this is so me like LOL xD O_~" - Every girl on my Facebook feed.

Would be great, if you could keep the catching title in the first days when the most of the traffic comes and then add the name of the product and the brand, to make it easily searchable.

It was a great review, GoPro really needs a noticeable competition. It´s also just a cheap camera from China, but extremely hyped up and while there have been better alternatives have been around for a long time, they get easily lost in the sea of low quality rip-offs.

1 hour ago, nicklmg said:

"10 ways that the Yi 4K Action Camera will improve your success in relationships!"

"OMG this is so me like LOL xD O_~" - Every girl on my Facebook feed.

Id click the fuck out of that

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

About time other companies really start to take market share from Go Pro. They really have not been putting out any new products, and you cannot sit like that forever.

I planed to buy YI 1, but when I saw preorder YI 2 on gearbest, I was blown away. Still, little pricey for preorder but, when it comes out, and drops price for 3-6 months, this will be BestBuy killer.

I didnt even remember when was my last time on linustechtips forum... I only remember registered three years ago..hahaha Anyways, big fan of Linus.

I'm Sami from YI camera and thank you so much Linus, Nick to make this possible, its marvelous.

So any questions about the camera, you can leave comments here and I will respond :D

Love you guys

Half tech geek, own all kinds of new RC heli, quadcopter, boat, car version, Chinese teacher

1 hour ago, sami luo said:

I didnt even remember when was my last time on linustechtips forum... I only remember registered three years ago..hahaha Anyways, big fan of Linus.

I'm Sami from YI camera and thank you so much Linus, Nick to make this possible, its marvelous.

So any questions about the camera, you can leave comments here and I will respond :D

Love you guys

Are you planning to release open doors for waterproof case that let more sound in?

Are you planning on releasing a water-resistant case that allows the camera to be charged while in the case?

@LinusTech Good review, but your first part, hating on other cheap cameras is a little unfounded, the first gen Yi was cheap and used a decent Sony sensor and records up to 2k at 35mbps, also the SJCAM 4000/5000 use Sony sensors and decent processors inside also, Dizzne P2 and others similar are actually pretty nice cameras for very little money

Also no mention or demo of some of the cameras features either like high framerate 120fps, burst, timelapse etc or mention of distortion correction 

Also since it has a tripod thread- you can use a gopro tripod mount to mount the camera to any go pro accessory outside of the waterproof case 

also there are external chargers for the camera batteries already available, 

http://www.gearbest.com/action-cameras-sport-dv-accessories/pp_364907.html

22 minutes ago, Freeman said:

Are you planning to release open doors for waterproof case that let more sound in?

Are you planning on releasing a water-resistant case that allows the camera to be charged while in the case?

Thanks for asking. Currently we don't have, but great suggestion we will take into consideration

Half tech geek, own all kinds of new RC heli, quadcopter, boat, car version, Chinese teacher

Are there plans for this to be available for sale from the UK Amazon store? Otherwise where would us Brits buy the camera?

6 hours ago, nicklmg said:

Zzzz. Always love it when Premiere wastes 2.5 hours of my time.

We're fixing.

Do you ever plan to move to final cut?

looks good my hero 3 black can do 4k at 15fps but i mainly use 1080 30 or 1080 60fps. this seems like a decent upgrade for the money. 

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

3 hours ago, sami luo said:

SNIP

I love my Yi 1st gen, I was going to review it on my own channel but it kind of passed me by :D took it snowboarding in Bulgaria and it did a great job

Are you planning any open cases like the aluminium ones that are available for the current Yi?

Also what bitrate is the 4k 30fps?

Any plans to introduce a flat profile for colour grading?

8 hours ago, Freeman said:

Would be great, if you could keep the catching title in the first days when the most of the traffic comes and then add the name of the product and the brand, to make it easily searchable.

It was a great review, GoPro really needs a noticeable competition. It´s also just a cheap camera from China, but extremely hyped up and while there have been better alternatives have been around for a long time, they get easily lost in the sea of low quality rip-offs.

Yep that might be what we do. We'll see!! It all depends on how YouTube handles SEO for titles that change (does that burn the traffic we've seen up until that point? Will that actually increase our search ranking or does it mean nothing since we don't have many views with that title? All questions I need answers to :) haha)

4 hours ago, AlanAlan said:

Do you ever plan to move to final cut?

At this point, probably not. That would mean changing our entire ecosystem over to Mac.

20 minutes ago, nicklmg said:

At this point, probably not. That would mean changing our entire ecosystem over to Mac.

I don't think Linus would tolerate that.

"Wait, I can't upgrade it? And where are all my Steam games?" *throws Mac out window* :D

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

About the lack of battery chargers I have this (https://www.amazon.com/Wasabi-Power-Battery-Charger-International/dp/B011SVB67U/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1466197905&sr=8-3&keywords=yi+battery) for my 1st Gen. Yi (the 2.7k one) and it works great! I'm not sure about the Yi 2 but I think it's safe to assume that they'll release one for the Yi 2 soon.