Mirosoft is The First Big Company to Say It’s Serving the Legal Marijuana Trade

jos

17DB-POT2-master768.jpg

blunt-smoking-benefits.jpg

Microsoft is breaking the corporate taboo on pot this week by announcing a partnership to begin offering software that tracks marijuana plants from “seed to sale,” as the pot industry puts it.

The software — a new product in Microsoft’s cloud computing business — is meant to help states that have legalized the medical or recreational use of marijuana keep tabs on sales and commerce, ensuring that they remain in the daylight of legality.

“We do think there will be significant growth,” said Kimberly Nelson, the executive director of state and local government solutions at Microsoft. “As the industry is regulated, there will be more transactions, and we believe there will be more sophisticated requirements and tools down the road.”

Twenty-five states have now legalized marijuana in some form or another, with Pennsylvania and Ohio the most recent. The biggest business opportunity, though, will come from states that allow recreational use of the drug, as Colorado, Oregon and Washington already do.

Mr. Karnes, the analyst, said he expected legal marijuana sales to jump to $6.5 billion this year, from $4.8 billion last year. He says that number could climb to $25 billion by the year 2020 if California voters approve the recreational measure this year, as is widely expected.

The opening up of the market in California is already leading to a scramble for the big money that is likely to follow, and Microsoft will now be well placed to get in on the action.

I think in future, they will be selling Marijuana online. Buy one fully organic.. Special Black Friday deal get a joint for 50% discount.. Amazon exclusive deal_ fresh and imported from Amsterdam. 

Source: Link

4 minutes ago, jos said:

keep tabs on sales and commerce, ensuring that they remain in the daylight of legality

just because of this very specfiic bit, i'm all for this.

because once you legalize the usage, you need to make sure it's legal "seed to sale" as well.

otherwise you create what the "coffee shops" belgium and the netherlands set up ages ago: the coffee shops could sell it, but not produce or buy stock. which is a small oversight, with the result of illegal drug traffic having a legal and reliable outlet of their product, and influx of cash.

“We do think there will be significant growth,”

No pun intended? haha

CPU: i5 4670k @ 3.4GHz + Corsair H100i      GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 SOC (+215 Core|+162 Mem)     SSD: Kingston V300 240GB (OS)      Headset: Logitech G930 

Case: Cosair Vengance C70 (white)                RAM: 16GB TeamGroup Elite Black DDR3 1600MHz       HDD: 1TB WD Blue                              Mouse: Logitech G602

OS: Windows 7 Home Premium                       PSUXFX Core Edition 750w                                                Motherboard: MSI Z97-G45               Keyboard: Logitech G510

Have they done this for any other product, ever? Seems like they're just trying to get some PR or something.

and just like that, i began using W10. Now give me a joint MS

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

Winblows Haze 11. Weed Edition

Smile and wave boys, smile and wave...

Foxy(Main Rig): CPU: i7 4790k GPU: 2x Reference GTX 980's RAM: HyperX 4x4GB 

PSU: Corsair CX 750W Mobo: ASUS Z97-A Pro Case: Bitfenix Shinobi (Black & Gold)

Wake up UK dinosaurs ! Wake uuuuup !

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

4 hours ago, Bouzoo said:

Notice how the sign behind him says Hollyweed. Or just weed if you want. 

It's hollyweed and it's legit.

http://dangerousminds.net/comments/in_1976_pot_head_pranksters_made_hollyweed_out_of_the_hollywood_sign

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

I guess we can take it as a reminder that ms prioritizes $$$ over everything

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Microsoft is breaking the corporate taboo on pot this week by announcing a partnership to begin offering software that tracks marijuana plants from “seed to sale,” as the pot industry puts it.

The software — a new product in Microsoft’s cloud computing business — is meant to help states that have legalized the medical or recreational use of marijuana keep tabs on sales and commerce, ensuring that they remain in the daylight of legality.

“We do think there will be significant growth,” said Kimberly Nelson, the executive director of state and local government solutions at Microsoft. “As the industry is regulated, there will be more transactions, and we believe there will be more sophisticated requirements and tools down the road.”

Twenty-five states have now legalized marijuana in some form or another, with Pennsylvania and Ohio the most recent. The biggest business opportunity, though, will come from states that allow recreational use of the drug, as Colorado, Oregon and Washington already do.

Mr. Karnes, the analyst, said he expected legal marijuana sales to jump to $6.5 billion this year, from $4.8 billion last year. He says that number could climb to $25 billion by the year 2020 if California voters approve the recreational measure this year, as is widely expected.

The opening up of the market in California is already leading to a scramble for the big money that is likely to follow, and Microsoft will now be well placed to get in on the action.

Really MS? Really?

are-you-kidding-me2.png

-------

Current Rig

-------

5 hours ago, Yog said:

Have they done this for any other product, ever? Seems like they're just trying to get some PR or something.

Well certainly they are jumping on the "Look everyone, we're "hip!", we're cool with weed!" train.

But, it's a $5 BILLION Industry... so there's certainly money to be made.

40 minutes ago, Sauron said:

I guess we can take it as a reminder that ms prioritizes $$$ over everything

I'm not sure I see your issue. They're capitalizing on a service that could be really useful, and would also help ensure that the legal marijuana industry stays legal from top to bottom, not having a legal dispensary that still buys their product from a blackmarket seller, thus still funnelling money into organized crime. Having legal growers all the way down to legal sellers ensures no money goes to organized crime.

Besides, Microsoft is a huge company with billions of dollars, they can afford to throw some programmers at this issue without taking away from any of their other products and services.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

1 hour ago, dalekphalm said:

Well certainly they are jumping on the "Look everyone, we're "hip!", we're cool with weed!" train.

But, it's a $5 BILLION Industry... so there's certainly money to be made.

I'm not sure I see your issue. They're capitalizing on a service that could be really useful, and would also help ensure that the legal marijuana industry stays legal from top to bottom, not having a legal dispensary that still buys their product from a blackmarket seller, thus still funnelling money into organized crime. Having legal growers all the way down to legal sellers ensures no money goes to organized crime.

Besides, Microsoft is a huge company with billions of dollars, they can afford to throw some programmers at this issue without taking away from any of their other products and services.

Useful? Now street marijuana is useful?

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

5 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Useful? Now street marijuana is useful?

I think you misunderstand me.

First, please define "street marijuana"? If you mean the legal recreational use of marijuana by legal and consenting adults? Yes, that can be useful. Treat it like alcohol and we won't have any major problems.

Second, when I said "useful service", I'm specifically referring to the Service provided by Microsoft. The "seed to sale" tracking service and software they are developing is extremely useful to the legal marijuana industry, as well as to local authorities for auditing purposes. In that statement, I made no judgment about whether recreational marijuana was useful or not.

Furthermore, this software can easily be used in the medicinal marijuana industry as well, which has been proven time and again to have some medical benefits (though research does, and should, continue).

Software like this can help keep marijuana out of the hands of kids, and keep the profits out of the hands of criminals.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

18 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

snip

What's wrong with it? It would make more money than it costs to enforce those laws. Not to mention all the costs associated with destroying/disposing the seized cannabis, trial(s) and hearing(s), housing that person in a prison for the duration of their sentence which can be a few years to a couple decades or more, and it you try to justify using the death penalty even for non-violent offenders who were sentenced on drug charges doing that costs even more.

But maybe that's not what you're getting at so I'll just leave it here.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

Just joined the forum? Read this:

A Quick Guide To Get Started

Need Help Doing Something? Read this:

Guides & Tutorials Catalog

Need a New SSD? Read this:

Droidbot's SATA3 SSD Tier List

Need a New PSU? Read this:

PSU Tier List

In the mood for some memes? Look at these:

Linus Memes

Want to know my PC Specs and Peripherals?

Spoiler

CPU - Intel Xeon E5 2609 v3     Motherboard - ASRock X99 Extreme3      RAM - 16gb HyperX Fury DDR4      GPU - EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 770 SC      

Case - Inwin 103       Storage - HyperX Savage 240gb SSD      PSU - 550W Enermax NAXN      Display(s) - 2x Lenovo L27i-28, Dell 24"      Cooling - Corsair H100i Platinum     Keyboard - Corsair K95 Platinum MX Speed      Mouse - Logitech G900      Sound - Audio Technica ATH-M50x     Operating System - Windows 10 Pro

Join the LTT F@H Team!

You can help scientists studying Alzheimer's, Huntington's, and many cancers by simply running a piece of software on your computer.

Start now: Folding@Home Install Guide and Links

20 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

I think you misunderstand me.

First, please define "street marijuana"? If you mean the legal recreational use of marijuana by legal and consenting adults? Yes, that can be useful. Treat it like alcohol and we won't have any major problems.

Second, when I said "useful service", I'm specifically referring to the Service provided by Microsoft. The "seed to sale" tracking service and software they are developing is extremely useful to the legal marijuana industry, as well as to local authorities for auditing purposes. In that statement, I made no judgment about whether recreational marijuana was useful or not.

Furthermore, this software can easily be used in the medicinal marijuana industry as well, which has been proven time and again to have some medical benefits (though research does, and should, continue).

Software like this can help keep marijuana out of the hands of kids, and keep the profits out of the hands of criminals.

About 50% of our prison population is in jail for recreational marijuana use.

Now if only we could get the states to legalize it and overturn the federal laws, completely bypassing congress.  And then we can watch as hardcore drug use plummits, and the drug cartels go out of business.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

pls upgrade to windows 10 we will give you weed

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

2 hours ago, Commander Llama said:

pls upgrade to windows 10 we will give you weed

i'd upgrade to w10 if it came with weed 

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

WinBlows MouthPipe 11. With DirectBushX 13 for realistic bush and smoke.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280