I need a way to have live mic feedback without a delay

I currently use realtek HD Audio manager (my audio driver) with 'playback volume' all the way up, decibel boost at the max and my headphone sound all the way up.

Although this is instant feedback it is too quiet (hence the maxed volumes) and also creates a large amount of static.

I also can't use this method if I use USB or soundcard methods of mic input.

Any suggestions? (audacity had a huge delay)

Thanks

Most software solutions would have a delay, your best chance would be through hardware.

Does your mic have a live feedback headphone jack? An audio interface or preamp would also work and help you monitor your mic live. If it matters to you that much, you might want to consider investing in an audio interface.

Hope this helps,

Samson

6 minutes ago, wwsalmon said:

Most software solutions would have a delay, your best chance would be through hardware.

Does your mic have a live feedback headphone jack? An audio interface or preamp would also work and help you monitor your mic live. If it matters to you that much, you might want to consider investing in an audio interface.

Hope this helps,

Samson

Okay.

No feedback jack unfortunately, I only have lapel and headset mics (a desk mic would pick up my mech keyboard).

Can you recommend a decent, cheap hardware solution for this? I'm on a very tight budget right now and have no experience in buying this sort of thing.

Unfortunately, I don't have much experience either. I just invested in a mic that had a live feedback jack (Blue Yeti).

Here's another forum thread I found about the same issue, and detailing some software and hardware solutions that might be of some help: http://ask.metafilter.com/82493/How-to-hear-my-microphone-in-my-headphones

Hope this helps,

Samson

@Moorbs

http://vb-audio.pagesperso-orange.fr/Voicemeeter/

it's a soft solution. delay is not much

sorry that i'm too lazy to teach you how to use it ahaha

Karamo

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen™ 5 3600 | CPU Cooler: Wraith Stealth | GPU: Gigabgyte AORUS GeForce RTX 2070 Super | Motherboard: MSI B450M Mortar Max | RAM: G.Skill FlareX 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16 | SSD: ADATA XPG SX6000 Pro M.2 256GB | HDD: 1TB 2.5" Western Digital Blue (WD10SPZX) | Case: NZXT H510 | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit |