FIRST BUILD-HTPC!

ArkTheYO

Hello all,

I selected the below processor and graphic card accompanied with 8gb ram to make up my first HTPC which ill be using to game a little( basically more of multiplayer games such as FIFA 16):

• AMD A10 7870K
  • NVIDIA GEFORCE 750 Ti 1 GB

Please say if the above are suitable for the purposes mentioned above! Thanks in advance!

dude get a used graphics card instead so you can much better quality for same price!

Omega-  I5 6600k | Gigabyte GTX 1060 | Cougar Panzer | DDR4 16GB 3000MHz | MSI Z170 Gaming M5

EVGA 650 GQ | AOC 60Hz Freesync Panels x2 | AOC 144hz Freesync Panel x1

Epsilon- I7 2700k | Asus GTX 970 | Corsair 780t | DDR3 8GB 1600MHz | EVGA Z68 FTW Mobo

Corsair 750W G2 | Acer R240HY x2

Upsilon- i7 5500u | 6GB DDR3 | 720p 60Hz panel

@molude Oh! But getting a used graphic card where i live is too damn tough or nearly impossible!

@molude I mainly aim at playing FIFA 16 and some multiplayer games. Is the processor perfect?

@molude Yeah thats why i opted for more SYSTEM R.A.M. , but in the past i was told it lacks in computing performance but i guess if i am using it in HTPC build , it should be fine!

@molude Do you think this build is worth all the money i am putting , ie. if i am making perfect use of my money?

@molude Yes i guess mine should run better due to the fact that i am using a 750Ti, so yeah i guess it should work out ! Thanks a lot for your help! Though can u tell me what all to keep in my mind when i am planning to buy a gaming processor to play multiplayer games! Thanks in advance

The APU isn't really necessary, really isn't even that great of an idea when you've got a GPU. I'd either get an AMD GPU to crossfire, or get a cheaper processor like an 860K and a slightly better graphics card. Even a 2GB 750 Ti would be a big improvement.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

@molude Thanks a ton!

@aisle9 Would FIFA run really smooth! cause even the config. i have stated doesnt qualify the recommended specifications required! Please do reply Thanks!

9 minutes ago, ArkTheYO said:

@molude Thanks a ton!

@aisle9 Would FIFA run really smooth! cause even the config. i have stated doesnt qualify the recommended specifications required! Please do reply Thanks!

In most cases, the graphics card is more important than the processor. I've never played FIFA and can't comment on that, by general rule is that 25-35% of a gaming build budget should go to the GPU, depending on overall budget and the games you want to play.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.