I think Half-Life 3 Will Come in 2014! And, It's Happening!

Hyped for years, Half-Life 3 might very well be the most anticipated game of all time. It has been speculated since about 2007 where Episode 2 left off with a cliff-hanger. Many people have speculated the release date and Valve hasn't really been saying anything confirming or denying it.

But, Valve's new announcements concerning SteamOS, Steam Machines, and Steam Controller, are a hint. I look at it as a puzzle like in Portal. We are given information, that at first glance doesn't seem to help us at all, but we can infer things based on it, and hope it helps us in the long run.

If I was Valve, what would be the best way to debut the capabilities of all the new hardware that I have just announced? What would push it to the top? What would cause such a media firestorm that we could really drive PC Gaming and our company into a new era? 

Well, I think that there is no better game to debut on the new hardware and software than Half-Life 3. It would certainly make sense, and would probably throw the whole video game market into a frenzy and it would blow up on Steam. I think that Valve has been very quiet about Half-Life 3 to drive up the hype, and get people to a point where it seems to them like blind hope. But, just before everyone looses complete hope, and the hype starts to simmer down just a bit, Valve will come out and debut Half-Life 3 running on their Steam Machines and shock everyone, probably to the point of having a stroke. As to how, well they will probably debut it in an official event (or shortly after in a separate event). The original Half-Life completely changed all FPS's to come, and Valve's new announcements change how we play and blur the lines of computing. Half-Life 3 will probably change everything again.

They are very sneaky and cruel for making us wait this long, but they have had so much time to develop it, I can expect it to be nothing short of amazing...if my speculations are correct, that is.

Maybe that blind hope has gotten to me, but all you can do is hope.

P.S. Here is an idea for ya! What if Valve combines the storylines of Half-Life and Portal? Freeman and Chell somehow meet up and work together. What if Cave Johnson is the guy that G-Man works for? Ohhhh the possibilities!!!

ASUS Maximus VII Hero || Intel i7-4790k || ASUS STRIX GTX 970 || Mushkin Blackline 4x4gb (16gb) 1600mhz || ADATA SX900 128gb SSD || 4 Random HDD's (1.5TB Total) || CM Storm Scout II || Enermax NAXN 80+ Bronze 650w || Corsair H100i || Windows 7 Home

2014.........   2  0  1  4.................... 4-1 = 3 ................2-0=2............23!!!!!! ...............2  3 ..............3-2=1 .......1+2=3............   3 ... 3.....   23 .... coincidence? i think not, the universe is telling us half life 3 is confermed 

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

If half life 3 came on Linux, that would definitely help the in getting Linux the legitimacy it needs to be a viable platform

I totally agree! I like Linux, but what drove me away from it was the lack of driver support and games available. If HL3 was released on Linux, it would be huge! It would force driver support, and other game devs would probably jump on the Linux train. It would be the push Valve needs to make SteamOS successful.

ASUS Maximus VII Hero || Intel i7-4790k || ASUS STRIX GTX 970 || Mushkin Blackline 4x4gb (16gb) 1600mhz || ADATA SX900 128gb SSD || 4 Random HDD's (1.5TB Total) || CM Storm Scout II || Enermax NAXN 80+ Bronze 650w || Corsair H100i || Windows 7 Home

I totally agree! I like Linux, but what drove me away from it was the lack of driver support and games available. If HL3 was released on Linux, it would be huge! It would force driver support, and other game devs would probably jump on the Linux train. It would be the push Valve needs to make SteamOS successful.

It's obviously going to be on Linux.

Till it wont end up like Duke Nukem with graphics from 2007 its all good.

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

2014.........   2  0  1  4.................... 4-1 = 3 ................2-0=2............23!!!!!! ...............2  3 ..............3-2=1 .......1+2=3............   3 ... 3.....   23 .... coincidence? i think not, the universe is telling us half life 3 is confermed 

wut.......brain overload 

I'm the Forum Owl

*Who*

People need to leave it and allow it to come in it's good time otherwise the hype will ruin the game for you when it finally does come.

Valve has zero reason to make the game and even if they did no way in hell they can meet expectations....ppl have glamorized something that doesn't exist way way to much. wishful thinking. Forget all about it, lose all hope and if it ever does come it will just be a more then pleasant surprise. 

Am i the only one that doesn't care?

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

So HL3 will be coming out on March 3, 2023? 

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole

wut.......brain overload 

To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.

I am gonna get another of their games. only played one. can i get some more info on the series...

To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.

I think everything after the first HL has been over hyped and dull. Only thing good out of HL2 and beyond was the Source engine.

There I said it.

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

I think everything after the first HL has been over hyped and dull. Only thing good out of HL2 and beyond was the Source engine.

There I said it.

I tend to agree with that as I am more interested in the engine that will come with hl3 then the game itself. we could always uses a new portal game and the like. source has been updated a few times it seems making for better games on the same engine but its time for a fresh start on a new engine.

I don't care when it comes out as long as it comes out eventually. I'd rather wait a long time than wait indefinitely

I just want to know what happens cause we all know that Gman is an older Gordan Freeman i just want to know how it all ends before i end :P

freeman_gman2.jpg

Intel 4790k • Asus Z97-A • Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce • G.Skill 1866 4GBx2 • Corsair HX850W PSU • Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler • Intel 530 120GB SSD(OS) • 1TB HDD(Games) • Cooler Master HAF 912 • Logitech G15 Key • Razer Abyssus Mouse • Asus 24in 144hz VG248QE

You guys have made some good points, and I tend to agree, however, I am 15. I just picked up the whole Half-Life series during the summer sale and I have really been enjoying them! Most of you seasoned veterans of the PC gaming world, have waited years for hl3. I didn't know about it until basically this year. I had always heard of it, but never played it. Now that I have, I wrote this post because I am genuinely interested in a new game, or as some of you were saying, a new source engine. Really any new games or engines would be cool right now.

As some recent reports have came about, supposedly Valve only recently started development on Half Life 3.

I bet in 2015 we'll see an announcement/reveal/teaser, then in 2016 they'll release the game.

post-5177-0-12358900-1380614362_thumb.jp

Click on it to view it as I couldn't figure out how to make this appear larger.

Anyway as for the content in it he has a right to his opinion but the fans asking him to make HL3 is not like say someone asking EA to make the same freaking game over and over again for 25 years or more with some graphical changes.  It is not like Madden, NHL, or even COD which does have a story line in their games.  This guy bringing up Facebook and DLC out the butt uh nobody is asking for it.  Mr. Newell did you take your meds today ?  I took mine.  You might try the same.  Heck with that nutso controller your company presented this week I think making another HL3 is a better idea. The majority hated on the idiotic controller you showed for games.  Again Mr. Newell .... uhmmmm ... take your meds.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Who cares about half life 3. I probably have to replay half life 2 because its been so long. I'd just play throught the game once for the story and go back to gmod or something. I don't get whats the hype about.

Its just a stupid lame single player game. Half life 2 was a bland, boring way too linear piece of garbage. I mean it was fun (repetitive), but the way people describe it like its the savoir? Hah, no way. Not even in the top ten of the decade realistically. The only great thing about half life is the legacy of its engine which spawned many awesome and BETTER games.

You guys are excited about the new SOURCE engine, not half life 3.

•  i7 4770k @4.5ghz 1.248v • Noctua NHD14  •  ASUS MAXIMUS VI Hero •  Asus STIRIX 980 Ti •

•  Corsair Vengeance Pro 16Gb  •  Samsung 840 250gb + Samsung 1TB 7200RPM •  BenQ XL2430T 144Hz  •

•  Fractal Design R4  •  CoolerMaster GX650 80+ •  Razer Deathadder Chroma  •  Filco Ninja 2 Red  •  HD600/HE-4/ Fiio E17  • 

Well guys, I basically called it! Half-Life 3 is officially confirmed! I called it before it happened!

http://www.polygon.com/2013/10/1/4791490/half-life-3-trademark-filed-in-europe