Microsoft introduces their XBox One Controller for PC

Microsoft introduces their XBox One Controller for PC

Source: Me - My email inbox

https://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/productID.3428528700?WT.mc_id=PromoEmail_en_US_E3_6-13-16_Crete_PreOrderNow_TUC

Capture.JPG

Well this is exciting. MS is making the XBox One wireless controller available in bluetooth for PC's. :)

Quote the MS Store;

Experience the enhanced comfort and feel of the new Xbox Wireless Controller, featuring a sleek, streamlined design and textured grip. Enjoy custom button mapping and improved wireless range.* Plug in any compatible headset with the 3.5mm stereo headset jack. And with Bluetooth technology, play your favorite games on Windows 10 PCs, tablets, and phones.

I am somewhat excited, but I still have my XBox 360 controller that still works for now but I might get this later down the road.

Anyone interested in getting one of these?

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

an I just bought a old one with the wireless adapter.  like that Microsoft is actually making gaming on the PC a priority,

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

currently using the 360 controller planning to get the steam controller, this news has not changed my decision to get the steam one

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

Meh. I have wired and wireless Xbox 360 controllers. Mostly use the wired one, but the wireless is nice sometimes. I don't really see any need to upgrade to an Xbone controller. 360 controllers are stupid cheap now.

12 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

an  just bought one with the wireless adapter.

Same... I bought the elite controller with adapter... 

4 minutes ago, Omon_Ra said:

Meh. I have wired and wireless Xbox 360 controllers. Mostly use the wired one, but the wireless is nice sometimes. I don't really see any need to upgrade to an Xbone controller. 360 controllers are stupid cheap now.

The 360 controller may get even cheaper when these go on sale (I would think), so now I might even consider buying a 360 controller

The controller is for XBox One Slim too. It works on both.

It also works on Windows 10 Mobile devices (assuming you have a game/app that supports game controller). As such, I expect it to work on Android devices as well.

That bluetooth capability really piqued my interest. I can finally use it with my W10M phone and SP4 wireless.

The title of the topic makes me hate it...  Using "there" instead of "their."  There is for location, not ownership.

For the Best builds and Price lists here is a world where many points of the price have been predefined already for your convenience!

The Xeon E3 1231 V3 IS BETTER Than the Core i5 4690K and a Significantly better value for the non-overclockers or value shoppers.

The OS is like a kind food, Try it before saying if you like it or don't.

I don't think my mobo has Bluetooth, so this is equivalent to me getting any old Xbox One controller with the special wireless adapter I guess?

But good to see.

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

1 hour ago, Commander Llama said:

I don't think my mobo has Bluetooth, so this is equivalent to me getting any old Xbox One controller with the special wireless adapter I guess?

But good to see.

Well you could've just gotten a Bluetooth adapter, but I think both used Bluetooth.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

31 minutes ago, Kimmers said:

I'm actually a huge fan of the X1 controller. Very comfortable. Nice to see native support on PC.

I'd like to believe it's perhaps the greatest controller ever made, the 360 controller was amazing and the X1 controller just improved upon it in every way.

Sergeant, United States Marine Corps

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

From a G3258 to dual Xeon E5-2670's

5 minutes ago, wcreek said:

Well you could've just gotten a Bluetooth adapter, but I think both used Bluetooth.

I could, though then I end up getting the same amount of stuff either way. Third party Bluetooth adapter would come out cheaper, though I just saw regular Xbox One controllers at half price at local stores this week.

Do these new controllers work with their new personalization controllers, too? That stuff is pretty cool.

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

1 hour ago, Commander Llama said:

I could, though then I end up getting the same amount of stuff either way. Third party Bluetooth adapter would come out cheaper, though I just saw regular Xbox One controllers at half price at local stores this week.

Do these new controllers work with their new personalization controllers, too? That stuff is pretty cool.

Not really sure, I'd probably either use my DS4 wired or use one of those custom programs to get Bluetooth working on PC with the DS4. I'd have to get a Bluetooth adapter though.

16 minutes ago, Weak1ings said:

The title of the topic makes me hate it...  Using "there" instead of "their."  There is for location, not ownership.

You know, instead of being sarcastic, you could have just pointed out the mistake and be done with it. It was a typo. :|

*Title has been corrected.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

1 hour ago, SansVarnic said:

You know, instead of being sarcastic, you could have just pointed out the mistake and be done with it. It was a typo. :|

*Title has been corrected.

I think the sarcastic remark was perfectly fine.

What about the Xbox 1 S controller, or is it still the same?

27 minutes ago, Jacktastic-Mofo said:

I'd like to believe it's perhaps the greatest controller ever made, the 360 controller was amazing and the X1 controller just improved upon it in every way.

I recommend trying the DS4 controller, if you haven't. I thought he 360 controller was pretty bad, because the d-pad is partially useless, the ABXY buttons are stiff, the triggers feel cheap and sometimes start to squeak. The Xb1 controller felt better to me, but the d-pad still wasn't great on the one I tried.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987