ASUS PG348Q or the new ACER PREDATOR X34P

sgtrecker78

So I'm looking to get a new monitor, and I'm down to two; the ASUS PG348Q or the newly announced ACER predator X34P (Check out the Paul's hardware video on it).

The Main things that are similar between them are that they both have/are:

1) AH-IPS panels

2) 34 inches

3) 3440x1440

4) 21:9

Now, some key differences:

1) Although both of these monitor sport 100hz refresh rates, the Asus pg348q must be overclocked from 60hz to 100hz, while the acer x34p now comes shipped at 100hz, with the possibility of possibly overclocking the panel to something in the neighborhood of 120hz. Although overclocking the ASUS panel to 100hz has proved to have some stability issues in game (just as the previous x34 did).

2) I know that this technically isn't perceivable by the human eye, but the Acer x34p comes with a response time of 4ms, while the Asus comes in at 5ms.

3) The Asus's stand in my opinion was a terrible way of attempting to make it look more "gamery", while the Acer sports a nice, clean, chrome stand.

4) I know you'll not be looking at the back of the monitor, but the Asus monitor has this pretty ugly jagged design on the back, while the X34P has a nice plastic with a brushed aluminum finish. (The Asus one is plastic too btw)

I am definitely leaning to the ACER monitor, even though I have been using ASUS's monitors for years, Tell me your opinion on it.

I'M in the same boat as you deciding on these 2 monitors. It's just a matter of how long until x34p comes out. I don't wanna wait forever. I'm also debating getting a 4k monitor or the 165hz asus monitor. 

I own the acer x34 and I truly enjoy it.

My previous g-sync display was the ROG Swift and while the performance was great the quality was not (prone to failure, replaced mine once in the first 3 months).

Sounds like the pros on the Acer make it a better choice.

I already bught the Acer X34 and had bleeding in the 4 corners and did 95Hz, menu is hawfull, returned because of bleeding
after bought a Asus 34 equivelent and max it did was 60Hz! Building quality over Acer much better, Acer just looked cheap, Asus also returned
going to order another Asus to try, I think I'll do this until find one that does at least 95Hz, otherwise the Acer 34P might be the winner

Does anyone knows about the release date for the Acer X34P?

• 4 months later...