P9X79 Deluxe Problem

Hello everyone.

The problem i have i kinda weird.

So, i have 6 USB 3.0 ports on the back of my mobo. 2 of them work, 4 of them do not work. But just saying that they dont work is not correct at all (i guess) because.. for example if i plug my Razer Mamba dock it gives power to it, but everything else does not respond.

I'm not sure, but i think this started after i installed Asus_USB3_FW_Update_Tool

Ideas?

This may be obvious, but have you uninstalled the USB3 update tool?

Hi,

Try and plug the periphrial into a USB 2.0 port. Alot of the times input devices dont give too fondly to USB 3.0 ports. Not sure why, but thats just how it is.

It works with all other ports just fine. I just dont have free ports to plug in all i need

I ended up re-installing windows because i messed up it much already -_-

UPD: And... It did not solve my problem

Have you checked in device manager to see if they are being recognised?

Try reinstalling intels usb 3 drivers.

MB: Gigabyte Auros Gaming 7 Z370 Cpu: Intel i7 8700K @ 4.8ghz Gpu: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming OC 8GB Ram: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB DDR4 DRAM 2400MHz  Psu: Corsair RM1000i 

Ssd's: WD Green nvme m.2 512gb (boot), 480gb (Steam), 480gb (Uplay) and 480gb (Origin)  Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H115i 280mm

Case: Corsair Obsidian Series 900D Monitors 1: Asus pb287q @ 75hz

most likely drivers, as windows will be able to run default usb 2.0 drivers easy, but most of the time you will have to install the drivers for the usb 3.0 (found on the m/board cd or online at there website)

got to love Asus components

I dont know if you just passed off what i said before, but i wasnt trying to ask if it worked in the USB 2.0 ports. I was saying that keyboards and mice dont typically enjoy USB 3.0 ports. If you have drives plugged into the USB 2.0 ports, take those out of the 2 ports and put them into the USB 3.0 ports and plug your keyboad into the USB 2.0 port. Have you tried doing this to see if in fact is isnt the port itself?

I tried that. The ports just dont work.

And now im sure its not the drivers, because i reinstalled windows and the drivers (did not fix the problem) + the ports do not give any power to devices from the boot of PC.

So the only thing that comes to my mind is that my usb 3 controller just died

http://gyazo.com/e084f2f5cd773547cb796d33e98ecdab

Have you been in device manager and looked to see if windows can see them? it should show and also tell you what drivers are installed and should say "device is working" if it is then it will be there and working, but sometimes you have to manually select the correct (64 bit) driver through the device manager.

I know it must be frustrating but 9 times out of ten it is getting the right driver to be installed as windows can sometimes automatically install and run the wrong one.

If this doesn't work then contact the motherboard manufacture.

got to love Asus components

Since you have two banks of ports dead. There is a possible chance they been shorted and pop the fuse to them on the motherboard. Are you running windows 8????

MB: Gigabyte Auros Gaming 7 Z370 Cpu: Intel i7 8700K @ 4.8ghz Gpu: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming OC 8GB Ram: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB DDR4 DRAM 2400MHz  Psu: Corsair RM1000i 

Ssd's: WD Green nvme m.2 512gb (boot), 480gb (Steam), 480gb (Uplay) and 480gb (Origin)  Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H115i 280mm

Since you have two banks of ports dead. There is a possible chance they been shorted and pop the fuse to them on the motherboard. Are you running windows 8????

Yes, i am.

Have you been in device manager and looked to see if windows can see them? it should show and also tell you what drivers are installed and should say "device is working" if it is then it will be there and working, but sometimes you have to manually select the correct (64 bit) driver through the device manager.

I know it must be frustrating but 9 times out of ten it is getting the right driver to be installed as windows can sometimes automatically install and run the wrong one.

If this doesn't work then contact the motherboard manufacture.

Since im installing all the drivers myself (using the official ones from asus.com ofc) they are not the problem.

My mobo has 2 controllers for this (i thinл so). Asmedia and x79 controllers. Asmedia ones are showing up no problem but i dont see anything bout X79 chipset ones. So i assume that its dead.

Ill try to call Asus tomorrow

Is it possible that they got disabled in bios somehow after i updated the drivers?

UPD: I checked the bios and found out that it can see the ports ok and they are enabled.

Still trying to find out whats happening

Just i see a few other people with the same Board posting Issues with the same usb 3.0 banks not working with window 8

Man' date=' I have a Rampage IV Formula abt to be built. Looks like I'll stick to Windows 7 Ultimate 64...or is win 8 worth it lol[/quote']

Dude, win 8 really made my life better and easier.

The only issue i ever had with it is this, but i think that the driver i installed did something wrong and i still cant find out what