I5 2500k Help Please

So i recently purchased an I5-2500k and an asus p8p67 rev 3 motherboard from a friend for 75$, but i have had nothing but issues since buying. I am running at abnormal temperatures, and have nooo idea why, I have reseated the heatsink 4 times, 3 with artic silver, one with lepa thermal paste. the lepa did fairly well at first but after a week of not useing the pc, i booted the pc up and was running mid 60c-80c.... the lowest i had the cpu running at idle is around 42, but that doesnt last long. So after some minor research, and useing task manager/open hardware monitor, i have realized this cpu is running at 1.36? volts.and is clocking in at 4.3.... this processor is only rated at 3.3-3.7 turbo. so my new issue is, what are the stock specs i need to input to bring this thing back to stock, because i have noooo idea.

Before yall ask, room stays around 80ish degrees F. house is set to 78 but my main pc and my devices boost the temp up a bit.

Im hopeing my stock cooler is still sufficent to bring this back to stock, all i built this pc for was to run overwatch on like low/med, maybe some gta on med, and mostly just use it as a youtube and twitch stream machine (just an entertainment pc, since xbox is gonna stopOpen Hardware.png supporting the 360 soon)    The Picture is my latest application of paste useing the smear pattern with a small xtra blob in the middle to oooze out (bout the size of a BB) and it is brand new atric silver 5. Also, if i have to redo the thermal again........ how much paste does intel like? my main pc is running a fx 8350 with a 240mm lepa AIO (where the lepa paste came from) and i have had noooo issues with that, i run max like 40 degrees.

I5 2500k     

asus p8p67  = $75

msi r9 270x 2gb = $100

Cooler master 430 elite = laying around

8gb Crucibal Balistics = $28

240 gb adata SSD = $57

Corsair CX500M = $35

a beat of a machine for the price, if i can get running....

Thanks yall for looking, hopefully yall have some good info for me.

~Thanks~

~Heavy~

Go into the bios and lower the CPU multiplier to around 37 then lower the voltage to stock.

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

1 minute ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

Go into the bios and lower the CPU multiplier to around 37 then lower the voltage to stock.

i dont know what stock is tho.... ='( i think i read its like 1.25? i wont lie tho, if i could get the 4.3 under control, with maybe the cooler master t4 (case is to small for 212....) i would be ecstatic, even thought about the h50? the intel only liquid cooler just to shut it up at night... but i want to get it under control first and figure out whats going on....

thank you for the multiplier tho, gonna have to look at that. since i posted this thread its come down to 49, but it will randomly jump to 60 and slowly slowly come down. seems to be hovering at 50... still high for idle...

4 minutes ago, Heavyhero93 said:

i dont know what stock is tho.... ='( i think i read its like 1.25? i wont lie tho, if i could get the 4.3 under control, with maybe the cooler master t4 (case is to small for 212....) i would be ecstatic, even thought about the h50? the intel only liquid cooler just to shut it up at night... but i want to get it under control first and figure out whats going on....

thank you for the multiplier tho, gonna have to look at that. since i posted this thread its come down to 49, but it will randomly jump to 60 and slowly slowly come down. seems to be hovering at 50... still high for idle...

Look here: http://ark.intel.com/products/52210/Intel-Core-i5-2500K-Processor-6M-Cache-up-to-3_70-GHz for voltage and other info.

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

It sounds like the BIOS has a lot of settings set by the previous user, including an overclock.  Just reset the BIOS to defaults and then change only what you need.  This will put the CPU to stock non-overclocked speeds as well.