Linksys AE2500 Linux Support

Hi guys I installed Linux on a machine that does not have WiFi so I am trying to use my AE2500 USB WiFi card but am having trouble getting it to work. Could someone point me in the right direction? Thanks!

1 hour ago, Johners said:

This WiFi card appears to use a Broadcom chip so the drivers aren't going to be great. I'm looking around to see what I can dig up though. Can you run the command lsusb in your terminal and provide the output. It should looking something like this.

Bus 001 Device 003: ID 13b1:003a Linksys AE2500 802.11abgn Wireless Adapter [Broadcom BCM43236] exactly as you said

Could I use Ndiswrapper? I have the latest Linux Mint by the way.

1 minute ago, Johners said:

Ndiswrapper is what needs to be used I believe for the USB WiFi card you have. Most people recommend that you use the Windows XP driver with it.

Great! I have been trying to use it, I believe that Linux Mint comes with ndiswrapper but I keep getting invalid driver errors with the xp version of the wifi cards drivers. any idea why?

On 6/14/2016 at 7:00 AM, Johners said:

I think you need to match the driver version (32 or 64 bit) with the version of Mint you are using (again 32 or 64 bit). Maybe try the Windows 7 drivers instead.

Yes I did get the drivers to install finally, I needed to edit a line in the .inf but it does seem to be unstable

• 1 year later...