Hi thinking about upgrading my cpu/motherbord / ram

atm im running

41069809.jpg

In the cm storm trooper

with psu : Corsair Enthusiast Series TX850 V2

GPU Sapphire Radeon HD6950 Toxic (2 GB)

My north-bride runs hot on this bord even at stock speed

I am giving my old mobo/cpu and ram away to a friend with a even worse computer

I have aprox 750-850 USD i can sped a bit more more if it will give a huge boost to performance

I need motherbord, cpu, ram and cpu cooler

its just to keep up for 1½-2 years when ill do a full upgrade of everything and then give my old computer away to a friend in need

there is just so many good boards and hardware out there >.< I need help picking one or at least a top 3 builds

thanks

btw. I'm from Scandinavian

It'd be a little easier if you told us what you are doing with the PC.

Are you gaming? Then you'll want a 8350 or a 3570k and some 1600MHz memory. Just get a modest motherboard and put the rest of the that money into a new video card.

If you're rendering then just get the 3570k. Or if you really want to feel almighty get the 3770(k) Really though, you could get the 3770k, OC it to w/e but it's going to suck when your HDD isn't fast enough to keep up.

For CPU cooler, I'll suggest the H100 until they don't exist.

wow thanks for the fast post mostly gaming and coding maybe a little photo editing

Then it's just a toss up between the 8350 and the 3570k. Which ever is cheaper (with the motherboard) get that. Both are great overclockers (despite what others may say).

For motherboard, any ASUS, MSI or ASRock should fit the bill.

sweet been looking at the 8350 for some time now...

are there any amd bords with PCIe 3.0

like the SABERTOOTH 990FX gen 3 R2.0 will have

or is the gen 2 x16 enugh for a few years ?

btw my price is only for the motherbord cpu and ram + coolor.. The GPU is on its own price range ^^ so 750-850 USD

or should I like you said save the cash and use even more on the GPU ?

allso thank you so much for your time and the fast reply <3

so

SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0

or one of the

Crosshair V Formula

so

SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0

or one of the

Crosshair V Formula

Hmm, I don't recommend either of those boards. Nothing wrong with them, they are great boards. But you could get everything on those boards for less money. Unless you just like the looks of those overpriced boards then either is fine. Also Gen 2 x16 will be good for the next few years. There isn't anything that can take advantage of all of that bandwidth yet anyway. Might I suggest the MSI GD65? Or even the ASUS P8Z77-V. They're the same boards pretty much, I don't think the GD65 has on board WiFi though.

I wasn't took quick that time, but still, very welcome :P

Im so bad a picking something out how about you pick one cpu and a mobo +ram then ill see if its available on my side ill go for the h100i its just like 3UDS more then the h100

Im so bad a picking something out how about you pick one cpu and a mobo +ram then ill see if its available on my side ill go for the h100i its just like 3UDS more then the h100
I'll see what I can do.

Can you get the Asus M5A99FX Pro? Seems nice for Crossfire with the triple spacing PCI-E slots. There's also the MSI 990FXA-GD80V2 which is nice too, just don't press the OCgenie button! If you want to pay a bit more for the "looks" the Sabertooth is only about $20 more than what I suggested. Take a look, read some reviews if you're interested in one. Reading reviews is really the best thing to do at this point.

As for RAM, just get anything 1600MHz :d

Well ill stop spamming now thanks so much for you help I really appreciated it :D