Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Colt_0pz

So today......

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

I found a free computer on the side of my neighbor's street. I picked it up and brought it to my house to look at it. it was missing a psu, hard drive, floppy drive, front panel audio and usb, cpu cooler and fans. I will try to get photos as soon as i can of this computer but it seems to be built around an athlon 64 x2 3800+ (Q4 2010)(half the strength of the Q6600). Perhaps someone can tell me what i can convert it into.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
21 minutes ago, Gregrs said:

Maybe a server? That processor isn't that great for anything at all in today's standards.

Yea not a very strong cpu but it was free and it is better than another old pc i have with a pentium 3 cpu at 550mhz and 512mb of sdram

Link to post
Share on other sites

>missing a floppy drive

>floppy drive

>missing

>Q4 2010

ok :^)

 

Anyways, that's cool!


"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

Sorry if my post seemed rude, that is never my intention.

"Why do we suffer a lifetime for a moment of happiness?" - Anonymous

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
10 hours ago, Minibois said:

>missing a floppy drive

>floppy drive

>missing

>Q4 2010

ok :^)

 

Anyways, that's cool!

Totally considering it's totally free

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Colt_0pz said:

I found a free computer on the side of my neighbor's street. I picked it up and brought it to my house to look at it. it was missing a psu, hard drive, floppy drive, front panel audio and usb, cpu cooler and fans. I will try to get photos as soon as i can of this computer but it seems to be built around an athlon 64 x2 3800+ (Q4 2010)(half the strength of the Q6600). Perhaps someone can tell me what i can convert it into.

Uh, what?  I had that processor in mid 2006...


Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Colt_0pz said:

I found a free computer on the side of my neighbor's street. I picked it up and brought it to my house to look at it. it was missing a psu, hard drive, floppy drive, front panel audio and usb, cpu cooler and fans. I will try to get photos as soon as i can of this computer but it seems to be built around an athlon 64 x2 3800+ (Q4 2010)(half the strength of the Q6600). Perhaps someone can tell me what i can convert it into.

i like free things, what do you mean Q4 2010? that cpu was launched in August of 2005.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
6 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Uh, what?  I had that processor in mid 2006...

 

6 hours ago, LeStringMan said:

i like free things, what do you mean Q4 2010? that cpu was launched in August of 2005.

Where does it say it was launched in Q3 2005? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Colt_0pz said:

 

Where does it say it was launched in Q3 2005? 

I don't know when it was launched but I know I personally owned and used one in 2006, so, yeah it wasn't launched in 2010 ;)


Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Link to post
Share on other sites

So you found Garbage someone throw out? Congratz :P


CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×