So today......

Colt_0pz

I found a free computer on the side of my neighbor's street. I picked it up and brought it to my house to look at it. it was missing a psu, hard drive, floppy drive, front panel audio and usb, cpu cooler and fans. I will try to get photos as soon as i can of this computer but it seems to be built around an athlon 64 x2 3800+ (Q4 2010)(half the strength of the Q6600). Perhaps someone can tell me what i can convert it into.

Maybe a server? That processor isn't that great for anything at all in today's standards.

21 minutes ago, Gregrs said:

Maybe a server? That processor isn't that great for anything at all in today's standards.

Yea not a very strong cpu but it was free and it is better than another old pc i have with a pentium 3 cpu at 550mhz and 512mb of sdram

>missing a floppy drive

>floppy drive

>missing

>Q4 2010

ok :^)

Anyways, that's cool!

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

10 hours ago, Minibois said:

>missing a floppy drive

>floppy drive

>missing

>Q4 2010

ok :^)

Anyways, that's cool!

Totally considering it's totally free

11 hours ago, Colt_0pz said:

I found a free computer on the side of my neighbor's street. I picked it up and brought it to my house to look at it. it was missing a psu, hard drive, floppy drive, front panel audio and usb, cpu cooler and fans. I will try to get photos as soon as i can of this computer but it seems to be built around an athlon 64 x2 3800+ (Q4 2010)(half the strength of the Q6600). Perhaps someone can tell me what i can convert it into.

Uh, what?  I had that processor in mid 2006...

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

11 hours ago, Colt_0pz said:

i like free things, what do you mean Q4 2010? that cpu was launched in August of 2005.

6 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Uh, what?  I had that processor in mid 2006...

6 hours ago, LeStringMan said:

i like free things, what do you mean Q4 2010? that cpu was launched in August of 2005.

Where does it say it was launched in Q3 2005? 

22 minutes ago, Colt_0pz said:

Where does it say it was launched in Q3 2005? 

I don't know when it was launched but I know I personally owned and used one in 2006, so, yeah it wasn't launched in 2010 ;)

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

So you found Garbage someone throw out? Congratz :P

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO