Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CPotter

Cablemod Configurator

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

298c6d423c.jpg

 

Cablemod Site: http://geni.us/hyJ6gS

Check Out the Configurator Here: http://geni.us/ec99UK

 

The CableMod Configurator is a great way to design your own custom cable kit for your PC builds. This tool allows you to pick everything yourself, and then they simply put it all together and ship it out to you!

 

Some of the features that CableMod offers are:

 

- ModFlex Sleeving

- 100% Heatshrink Free

- Invisible Wires

- Superb Flexibility

- Easier Cable Management

- Wide Range of Colors

- Outstanding Value

(https://store.cablemod.com/why-cablemod/Link to Webpage)

 

Have you guys used CableMod before? Let us know in the comments section.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yea, I have used cable mod cables before.

 

They were significantly lower quality than I expected, MUCH worse than the custom cables I've ordered from places like Ensourced Customs.

 

That said, I am told their sleeving quality has been improving over the last few years (esp with their most recent sleeving updates.)


LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Used in a build previously -- nice mod. But... why are they not selling cables individually -- some of us just need to replace that nasty red EVGA VGA cable. :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Curufinwe_wins said:

Yea, I have used cable mod cables before.

 

They were significantly lower quality than I expected, MUCH worse than the custom cables I've ordered from places like Ensourced Customs.

 

That said, I am told their sleeving quality has been improving over the last few years (esp with their most recent sleeving updates.)

please send us an email to community@cablemod.com with more information - we would love to find out what you disliked because we haven't heard something similar before.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, CableMod said:

please send us an email to community@cablemod.com with more information - we would love to find out what you disliked because we haven't heard something similar before.

In fairness, most of the people you have had buy cables are coming from the opposite extreme. I was comparing to mom/pop type custom work.

 

@W-L saw Fraying with the new PET sleeving, and likewise, I saw significantly more loose fiber fraying in CableMod extensions (which in turn was much more cohesive than the Silverstone extensions I first tried) I bought compared to the completely flawless paracord work done for me recently by Ensourced Customs.

 

Borrowing @W-L's photo of the PET (since I actually tossed my old extensions)

 

Fraying.png

 


LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Curufinwe_wins said:

In fairness, most of the people you have had buy cables are coming from the opposite extreme. I was comparing to mom/pop type custom work.

 

@W-L saw Fraying with the new PET sleeving, and likewise, I saw significantly more loose fiber fraying in CableMod extensions (which in turn was much more cohesive than the Silverstone extensions I first tried) I bought compared to the completely flawless paracord work done for me recently by Ensourced Customs.

 

Borrowing @W-L's photo of the PET (since I actually tossed my old extensions)

 

Fraying.png

 

Thanks for the info - we rarely have any fraying issues but if so, then people can email us to support@cablemod.com with pictures and we replace the affected cables no questions asked. We sell thousands of cables and hundreds of cable kits every month and because of the quantity things sometimes can go wrong.

 

However it is very important for us that people get what they pay for which is why we bundle each of our kits with a quality assurance card so people know how to contact us in one of the extreme rare cases where they receive kits with faulty cables:

 

CableMod-Box-4.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, brcdncn said:

Used in a build previously -- nice mod. But... why are they not selling cables individually -- some of us just need to replace that nasty red EVGA VGA cable. :D

you can order single cables in our Configurator! :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Glanir said:

ordering a pre sleeved g2 white/black set this week! Awesome work guys!

thanks for the support ! :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

@CableMod It would be great to have the option of a 4-pin EPS cable so that on motherboards with both 8 and 4 pin connectors the extra 4 aren't dangling. Motherboards like the Z170X SOC Force, Z170 OC Formula, Z170A XPOWER, Maximus VIII Extreme, Crosshair V Formula-Z, and plenty of X99 and Z97 motherboards have a supplemental 4 pin CPU power connector. I have a full list of Z97, Z170, and X99 below.

 

Spoiler

Z97

Gigabyte Z97X-SOC Force

MSI Z97 MPOWER MAX AC

MSI Z97 XPOWER AC

Asus Maximus VII Formula

 

Z170

Gigabyte Z170X SOC Force

ASRock Z170 OC Formula

MSI Z170A XPOWER Gaming

Asus Maximus VIII Extreme

 

X99

Asus X99-Deluxe II

Asus Strix X99 Gaming

Asus Sabertooth X99

Asus Rampage V Extreme

Gigabyte X99 SOC Champion

ASRock X99 OC Formula

ASRock X99 OC Formula/3.1

ASRock Fatal1ty X99 Professional

ASRock Fatal1ty X99 Professional/3.1

MSI X99A Godlike Gaming Carbon

MSI X99A Godlike Gaming

MSI X99A XPOWER Gaming Titanium

MSI X99A XPOWER AC

MSI X99S GAMING 9 AC

MSI X99S GAMING 9 ACK

MSI X99A GAMING 9 ACK

MSI X99S XPOWER AC

MSI X99A MPOWER

MSI X99S SLI Krait Edition

MSI X99A SLI Krait Edition

MSI X99S MPOWER

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, BenjaminC said:

@CableMod It would be great to have the option of a 4-pin EPS cable so that on motherboards with both 8 and 4 pin connectors the extra 4 aren't dangling. Motherboards like the Z170X SOC Force, Z170 OC Formula, Z170A XPOWER, Maximus VIII Extreme, Crosshair V Formula-Z, and plenty of X99 and Z97 motherboards have a supplemental 4 pin CPU power connector. I have a full list of Z97, Z170, and X99 below.

 

  Reveal hidden contents

Z97

Gigabyte Z97X-SOC Force

MSI Z97 MPOWER MAX AC

MSI Z97 XPOWER AC

Asus Maximus VII Formula

 

Z170

Gigabyte Z170X SOC Force

ASRock Z170 OC Formula

MSI Z170A XPOWER Gaming

Asus Maximus VIII Extreme

 

X99

Asus X99-Deluxe II

Asus Strix X99 Gaming

Asus Sabertooth X99

Asus Rampage V Extreme

Gigabyte X99 SOC Champion

ASRock X99 OC Formula

ASRock X99 OC Formula/3.1

ASRock Fatal1ty X99 Professional

ASRock Fatal1ty X99 Professional/3.1

MSI X99A Godlike Gaming Carbon

MSI X99A Godlike Gaming

MSI X99A XPOWER Gaming Titanium

MSI X99A XPOWER AC

MSI X99S GAMING 9 AC

MSI X99S GAMING 9 ACK

MSI X99A GAMING 9 ACK

MSI X99S XPOWER AC

MSI X99A MPOWER

MSI X99S SLI Krait Edition

MSI X99A SLI Krait Edition

MSI X99S MPOWER

 

thanks for the feedback - will arrange that and offer it accordingly!

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 6/9/2016 at 5:40 PM, Glanir said:

ordering a pre sleeved g2 white/black set this week! Awesome work guys!

 How does the 24 pin cable set look? Do they include the capacitors, or drop those?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought a full Corsair AXi replacement set today. Smooth so far (obviously), hoping the quality is as advertised. Want to see what they look like when they're not sending them to youtube tech reviewers :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/12/2016 at 6:01 PM, orphean said:

I bought a full Corsair AXi replacement set today. Smooth so far (obviously), hoping the quality is as advertised. Want to see what they look like when they're not sending them to youtube tech reviewers :)

So my cables came in the mail.  Ordered them direct from cablemod, extremely fast shipping from Hong Kong via DHL.  Performance PC is their US distributor but I wanted the full configurator experience.  Happy to report the quality is outstanding and absolutely on par with what we've seen with Linus and other techtubers.  While I ordered a couple sets of their combs it would be great if it was possible to get the full through-hole style combs installed as a paid option for a custom order in the future.  But who knows what kind of wrench that would throw into their production.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/20/2016 at 0:33 PM, orphean said:

So my cables came in the mail.  Ordered them direct from cablemod, extremely fast shipping from Hong Kong via DHL.  Performance PC is their US distributor but I wanted the full configurator experience.  Happy to report the quality is outstanding and absolutely on par with what we've seen with Linus and other techtubers.  While I ordered a couple sets of their combs it would be great if it was possible to get the full through-hole style combs installed as a paid option for a custom order in the future.  But who knows what kind of wrench that would throw into their production.

lucky you.. and yes i can confirm, that they do ship fast via DHL.. and quality of cables are awesome.. sad that service @CableMod provide fail with my order.. total mess what can i say..

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Latstyle said:

lucky you.. and yes i can confirm, that they do ship fast via DHL.. and quality of cables are awesome.. sad that service @CableMod provide fail with my order.. total mess what can i say..

We always make it right - make sure to email us to support@cablemod.com and we will work it out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CableMod said:

We always make it right - make sure to email us to support@cablemod.com and we will work it out.

i know that. i mean when i showed you in email that you send me wrong cables you confirmed that there was a mistake and you will send me cables i ordered.. problem is that it takes 2 much time to fix that. i expected to get new tracking number from you friday.. as it would be 3rd day (if i remember right processing orders takes 2-3 days top) so its already 5th day and i didnt got any info about whats going on and where is my tracking number..

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Latstyle said:

i know that. i mean when i showed you in email that you send me wrong cables you confirmed that there was a mistake and you will send me cables i ordered.. problem is that it takes 2 much time to fix that. i expected to get new tracking number from you friday.. as it would be 3rd day (if i remember right processing orders takes 2-3 days top) so its already 5th day and i didnt got any info about whats going on and where is my tracking number..

have some patience - it might have shipped already but the logistic guys are not working during the weekend.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, CableMod said:

have some patience - it might have shipped already but the logistic guys are not working during the weekend.

when i just made an order i got my tracking number Saturday Morning.. thats why i was surprised that i didnt get it Friday this time.. but yeah i sadly have no other option but just wait.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×