[The Duality] [Dual System, Godavari & Skylake in a Frozen-Q Apex mATX]

duality92
Go to solution Solved by duality92,
10 minutes ago, IskanderEXC said:

Neato, got a PcPartPicker?

Can put two processors on one list though ;)

7 minutes ago, CtrlAltELITE said:

Wow thats awesome dude. But WD Greens though? Ugh :D

Yeah, it's what I have on hand, maybe it'll change though, never know ^^

Only fools don't change their minds! Changed the power splitter orientation along with salvaging more Case Labs trays! 

7ZMcx7.jpg

I love this ruler, every modder seriously needs one!

WU53Ya.jpg

And done! :) Only the mounting holes for the whole thing to the front panel and a better spacer for between the PSU and Power Splitter mounting plate!

aT2EFZ.jpg
bMmg9Y.jpg
cR4etG.jpg
wFqvco.jpg
rL3NWb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

g7n8ZN.png

So I'm back from a week of vacation visiting my family :)

While home, I was talking to my father about my current mod and he said he found a few years ago, 4 lengths of aluminium square tubing that if I could use them, I could have them. Ends up, I brought around 448"++ of square tubing (Yes, that's almost 40 feet) of thick square tubing. I had to cut them in around 32"+ lenghts to be able to bring them in the car. These should help me quite a bit in my build!

I might be able to make more progress this week, I've spent quite a bit drawing out the front panels cuts this afternoon, so that's what you should be seeing next :)

aNXVZs.jpg
cRmHwb.jpg

2 minutes ago, duality92 said:

So I'm back from a week of vacation visiting my family :)

While home, I was talking to my father about my current mod and he said he found a few years ago, 4 lengths of aluminium square tubing that if I could use them, I could have them. Ends up, I brought around 448"++ of square tubing (Yes, that's almost 40 feet) of thick square tubing. I had to cut them in around 32"+ lenghts to be able to bring them in the car. These should help me quite a bit in my build!

I might be able to make more progress this week, I've spent quite a bit drawing out the front panels cuts this afternoon, so that's what you should be seeing next :)

This whole dual system idea is crazy! (in a good way) I can't wait to see the final product!

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

14 hours ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

This whole dual system idea is crazy! (in a good way) I can't wait to see the final product!

:)

I still have a lot of work to do.

The biggest hurdle I think will be keeping the whole case solid with hardware mounted. This square bar will be helping me out quite a bit!

g7n8ZN.png

So, this is a huge tease of what's to come, I still have TONS to do, but the layout is visible. So will be everything. This will be the cable management of a life time but I've got a very good idea on how to manage it :)

zH2ERz.jpg
FZBITr.jpg
0ufSxt.jpg

Very cool! Are you going to watercool? itd make a very interesting dual watercooling system (might run out of Rad space though)

[spoiler=Blue^3http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/388528-blue3/ I5 4690k | Asrock Z97 Pro4 mATX | RAM: Corsair Vengeance (2x4GB) Blue Edition and Corsair Vengeance (2x4GB) Black Edition | GPU: XFX DD R9 390x | PSU: Corsair AX760 | SSD: Samsung 840- 120GB | Hard Drives: 2x1TB WD Blue | Watercooling Kit: XSPC Raystorm 240 

4 hours ago, ManOfGold93 said:

Very cool! Are you going to watercool? itd make a very interesting dual watercooling system (might run out of Rad space though)

for now, the answer is no. The CPU coolers are sponsored and both keep very cool even overclocked. The GPUs however I'm unsure so far, it would make a killer dual loop setup.

So, I with the square tubing aluminium, I made myself 12 of these, anyone care to guess what they're for? :)

sDcqdA.jpg
Q8peSA.jpg

eVEsql.png

Another new sponsor! This time it's Gigabyte with Two ITX motherboards! One for each system!

The motherboards

The Kaveri FM2+, ITX, GA-F2A88XN-WIFI along with the Skylake 1151, ITX, GA-Z170N-Gaming 5

toO8AS.jpgUODJSr.jpg

7 hours ago, Yahtadi said:

Investing myself on this

Glad yo have you aboard :)

Hey guys! Sorry for the lack of update the last week! I will be however, be on vacation next week so I hope I can make a great big update for you guys!

eVEsql.png

I got these much faster than I had expected! :o

Thanks so much Gigabyte ([@]GBT-MatthewH[/@]) for the help! Without you this wouldn't be as good! Without further ado, here they are! :D The Kaveri FM2+, ITX, GA-F2A88XN-WIFI along with the Skylake 1151, ITX, GA-Z170N-Gaming 5!

oUcdgy.jpg
MYftua.jpg
vbDoaq.jpg
7Nu8QD.jpg
JNkyWO.jpg
1jixZS.jpg
WU4ycu.jpg
iC7E2J.jpg
NPQHZS.jpg
215nS3.jpg
hggrXR.jpg
DCMTeK.jpg

1 minute ago, duality92 said:

-snip-

Those look nice!

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

49 minutes ago, duality92 said:

Also got the BeQuiet! 80mm fans! They're beauts!

Ooh, they look lovely! I've got one of the 140mm versions myself, but the design doesn't look half as attractive on a larger fan. Then again, we can probably all agree that tiny fans are cuter than puppies and kittens combined... :P 

Main Rig "Melanie" (click!) -- AMD Ryzen7 1800X • Gigabyte Aorus X370-Gaming 5 • 3x G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 8GB • Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming • Corsair RM750x • Phanteks Enthoo Pro --

HTPC "Keira" -- AMD Sempron 2650 • MSI AM1I • 2x Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866 8GB • ASUS ENGTX 560Ti • Corsair SF450 • Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV Shift --

Laptop "Abbey" -- AMD E-350 • HP 646982-001 • 1x Samsung DDR3 1333 4GB • AMD Radeon HD 6310 • HP MU06 Notebook Battery • HP 635 case --

Those acrylic mounts look great! I just wonder how youre going to be able to run cords in that space (kinda hard to see clearance)

[spoiler=Blue^3http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/388528-blue3/ I5 4690k | Asrock Z97 Pro4 mATX | RAM: Corsair Vengeance (2x4GB) Blue Edition and Corsair Vengeance (2x4GB) Black Edition | GPU: XFX DD R9 390x | PSU: Corsair AX760 | SSD: Samsung 840- 120GB | Hard Drives: 2x1TB WD Blue | Watercooling Kit: XSPC Raystorm 240 

Awesome build!  Do you plan on doing anything creative with the WiFi antennas?  

On 6/28/2016 at 1:21 PM, derick90 said:

Really wish i had the balls to mod my case, but 1) not creative enough 2) Though I've cut aluminum/steel before, I'm afraid i would screw it up lol, so props to ya!

This right there haha. I'm in the same boat

5 hours ago, JJBTEXAS said:

Awesome build!  Do you plan on doing anything creative with the WiFi antennas?  

Nope, they'll stay as they are.

2BLYOI.png

Played around all afternoon with the cables, the red ones you see are the phanteks extensions, they are a bit thicker than the CableMod ones so they're hard to put in, but once they're in, they don't move, it's a bit of a trade off. I like it, but my thumb hates it. This is just a quick and dirty testing and preliminary cable management. I will need to get my Phanteks Power Splitter and PWM hubs back! :) Also two more fans to install eventually when the time comes! 

y4CKPJ.jpg
kT673d.jpg
EXiFq8.jpg
rxaXbt.jpg
P0RdgK.jpg

Beautiful! The results will be breathtaking I'm sure.