[The Duality] [Dual System, Godavari & Skylake in a Frozen-Q Apex mATX]

duality92
Go to solution Solved by duality92,
10 minutes ago, IskanderEXC said:

Neato, got a PcPartPicker?

Can put two processors on one list though ;)

7 minutes ago, CtrlAltELITE said:

Wow thats awesome dude. But WD Greens though? Ugh :D

Yeah, it's what I have on hand, maybe it'll change though, never know ^^

On 06/08/2016 at 2:18 AM, jon.spartan said:

Beautiful! The results will be breathtaking I'm sure.

I really think so :)

2BLYOI.png

So after almost a week of planning, I finally drew out the bracket that will be used to hold both Phanteks PWM splitters, I won't reveal much yet, but I will be, as always, recycling a piece of aluminium salvaged from a Case Labs tray!

Also, I will be attempting to mod the PWM splitters so that they only use power from SATA because currently they're made to draw power from the 4-pin connector and SATA combined.

I had trouble with my last power splitter, but Phanteks came through and is sending me another of their power splitters, which I should be getting shortly, this will help me advance in the project a bit more!

Once all of this is done, I will need to mod one of the Phanteks CPU coolers to fit on the Gigabyte Z170N Gaming 5 because there's a bit of inteference with the WiFi module.

Since I removed the motherboard tray, I will need to make something to keep the case square, this will be made with angled brackets place in the bottom corners. Paired with two full plexi windows, the case will be structurally solid again :)

• 3 weeks later...

Dear forum followers and viewers,

I am sad to announce that I have to cancel my The Duality build. It’s for a reason that I cannot take blame, that I will explain to you in detail.

Some of you might have noticed the stall in my work. This, entirely, is because of the power splitter and/or PWM hubs from Phanteks. Back in May, the power splitter with the PWM hubs managed to kill 2 storage drives and my MSI Z170A Gaming M5. After 3 months of false promises and a whole lot of empty apologies, I received a reimbursement for these. The problem is that I sent back both the power splitter and PWM hubs so they could test them.

I’ve had false promises of them telling me I would get replacement parts for these items, but never did. They even confirmed to me these had shipped, but never gave me a tracking number and two month has passed since then. I am very doubtful they actually sent anything.

I really hope this does not tarnish my reputation because I have tried, at least once a week since the beginning of May to resolve this issue. I’ve truly used all of my resources and never wanted for this to end this way.

I also will not be selling any parts that I have been sponsored. If I have no use for these parts, they will be given away, for free.

My sincerest apologies, 

Duality92.

That sucks, do you at least still have will you still keep the first version of it in the p400?

Edited by ShadowTechXTS

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

5 hours ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

That sucks, do you at least still have will you still keep the first version of it in the p400?

I have one that's really only made for this splitter and two ITX rigs. Nothing like it's supposed to be.

That is quiet unfortunate to hear! Well your rep hasn't fallen imo. Please dont let this get you down- time to start a new build soon???

[spoiler=Blue^3http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/388528-blue3/ I5 4690k | Asrock Z97 Pro4 mATX | RAM: Corsair Vengeance (2x4GB) Blue Edition and Corsair Vengeance (2x4GB) Black Edition | GPU: XFX DD R9 390x | PSU: Corsair AX760 | SSD: Samsung 840- 120GB | Hard Drives: 2x1TB WD Blue | Watercooling Kit: XSPC Raystorm 240 

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay so it's still a thing?

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

reOoJc.png

I've been in great discussions with Frozen Q about the custom Apex mATX case. It seems that putting two full ITX systems and a full custom watercooling loop into an mATX chassis isn't the easiest task, who would've thought? ;)

That means,

•  
  • Two ITX boards (One with a big GPU)

• Two ATX Power Supplies

• Two 280mm Radiators

• Two (actually three) SSDs

• etc etc. I think you get where I'm going with this ;)

Stay tuned! :D

2 hours ago, duality92 said:

reOoJc.png

I've been in great discussions with Frozen Q about the custom Apex mATX case. It seems that putting two full ITX systems and a full custom watercooling loop into an mATX chassis isn't the easiest task, who would've thought? ;)

That means,

•  
  • Two ITX boards (One with a big GPU)

• Two ATX Power Supplies

• Two 280mm Radiators

• Two (actually three) SSDs

• etc etc. I think you get where I'm going with this ;)

Stay tuned! :D

why no sfx psus? would save quite a bit of space...

GUITAR BUILD LOG FROM SCRATCH OUT OF APPLEWOOD

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

1TB Intel 660p | 250GB Kingston A2000 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB WD Blue

be quiet! Silent Base 601 | be quiet! Straight Power 550W CM

2x Dell UP2516D

- First System (Retired) -

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

Reviews: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | MSI GTX 950 OC

1 hour ago, 19_blackie_73 said:

why no sfx psus? would save quite a bit of space...

Mainly due to budget and what I have on hand. I agree about saving space though. I also have to keep the sponsored parts and use them in my build :)

After much tinkering the best I can do with the 6600K is 4.7 GHz @ 1.488v load and 1565/8002 for the GTX 970 on Time Spy benchmark. As far as the 7870K goes, previously my best overclock was 4.5 GHz @ 1.5v with AMD Overdrive, but I can't wait to try it with BIOS overclocking.

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/15076547

97d57857_4205.png

4 hours ago, duality92 said:

After much tinkering the best I can do with the 6600K is 4.7 GHz @ 1.488v load and 1565/8002 for the GTX 970 on Time Spy benchmark. As far as the 7870K goes, previously my best overclock was 4.5 GHz @ 1.5v with AMD Overdrive, but I can't wait to try it with BIOS overclocking.

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/15076547

97d57857_4205.png

isn't 1.488V a little bit high for that chip?

GUITAR BUILD LOG FROM SCRATCH OUT OF APPLEWOOD

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

1TB Intel 660p | 250GB Kingston A2000 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB WD Blue

be quiet! Silent Base 601 | be quiet! Straight Power 550W CM

2x Dell UP2516D

- First System (Retired) -

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

Reviews: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | MSI GTX 950 OC

2 hours ago, 19_blackie_73 said:

isn't 1.488V a little bit high for that chip?

These chips handle up to 1.5v under load fine, I personally wouldn't even mind going up to 1.55v.

19 hours ago, duality92 said:

These chips handle up to 1.5v under load fine, I personally wouldn't even mind going up to 1.55v.

Dont do it bro.. Just.. Dont do it
For testing purposes only? go
Daily use? Do not do it

13 minutes ago, Yahtadi said:

Dont do it bro.. Just.. Dont do it
For testing purposes only? go
Daily use? Do not do it

Explain to me why not. I'm perfectly fine running my delidded 6600K with 1.488v. Especially when it runs under 70°C under load. It's stable, but I would not fold with it.

I know exactly what risks I'm taking by running this voltage. When I make my RAM overclock when the build is put together. I will be pushing to 1.55v for DDR4. High? Yes. Do I know and have accepted ALL the risks associated with running these high voltages. Yes.

22 minutes ago, duality92 said:

Explain to me why not. I'm perfectly fine running my delidded 6600K with 1.488v. Especially when it runs under 70°C under load. It's stable, but I would not fold with it.

I know exactly what risks I'm taking by running this voltage. When I make my RAM overclock when the build is put together. I will be pushing to 1.55v for DDR4. High? Yes. Do I know and have accepted ALL the risks associated with running these high voltages. Yes.

Because Intel and Asus stated the limit. 1.35v is maximal-safe point for daily use.
Anything over that isnt recommended, even you watercool'd it
There is some survey is overclocked.net(forgot and too lazy to find the link). i5k and i7k Skylake run on 1.5V are mosly dead in 2 years
But its up to you tho