Is Linus homophobic?

filipcro

You should all be ashamed of yourselves.

I'm gay, and I was extremely offended by,

a) Linus sprouting "Homo" like it it was not offensive to gay people at all.

B) All the immature people justifying him doing so, and saying "I've got a gay friend, its cool".

"Homo" is a highly offensive word to someone who is actually gay. Because it is used in a malicious way to bully gay people. Even if it is not used in a malicious way, it still hurts.

Homo is politically correct. What would you rather him say fags or gays. He was having fun get over it

It's interesting to observe how people think it's not OK to use word homo because it is offensive to some, but it's OK to insult all Russians.

i lolled at this

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

Homo is politically correct. What would you rather him say fags or gays. He was having fun get over it

Yes, that would really slap my knee. :D

There is something funny when my Aus friend (who is gay) gets drunk and goes off with a "YOU FAGGOT!"

Neither? It isn't "PC" either.

Oh so as long as he's having fun, its ok to insult people?

CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | CPU:  i5 4570| CPU COOLER: Noctua NH-U12s | MOTHERBOARD: Asus H87-I Plus| RAM: Muskin Blackline 8GB | SSD: Samsung 830 128gb | 

SSD: Samsung 840 128gb SSD(Games) | GPU: Asus R9 270X DCUII | PSU: Seasonic 660w | MONITORS: LG 23" IPS 5ms |

You should all be ashamed of yourselves.

I'm gay, and I was extremely offended by,

a) Linus sprouting "Homo" like it it was not offensive to gay people at all.

B) All the immature people justifying him doing so, and saying "I've got a gay friend, its cool".

"Homo" is a highly offensive word to someone who is actually gay. Because it is used in a malicious way to bully gay people. Even if it is not used in a malicious way, it still hurts.

Y SO SERIOUS ?

I'm Asian (Japanese to be exact) and me my friends have pretty "racist" banter, e.g. "chink" "Pearl Harbour" but I don't care simply because I know that they don't mean it in any malicious way (heck, I call my Greek friend "wog" and laugh at the Greece economy in retaliation) you need to take things in the context they're presented in, Linus, Slick and Austin clearly showed that they were joking around and it's arguably your fault for taking offence to it. If you're gay and you're proud/don't really care too much about it, you shouldn't be offended by people calling you "homo" in the first place, it's more politically correct when you consider that "homo" is a shortened form of "homosexual" while "gay" is more colloquial, ergo malicious. 

To clarify, I am not jumping into defend Linus, I just felt annoyed by your post and wanted to have my own rant. 

i5 4670K | ASUS Z87 Gryphon | EVGA GTX 780 Classified | Kingston HyperX black 16GB |  Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD | Seagate Barracude 3TB - RAID 1 | Silverstone Strider Plus 750W 80Plus Silver | CoolerMaster Hyper 212X | Fractal Design Define Mini 

Demos......PLEASE tell us. What should we call you? If we're straight, what are you?

And don't you dare go into some segregation B.S. These would be considered descriptive adjectives.

CPU Overclocking Database <------- Over 275 submissions, and over 40,000 views!                         

GPU Overclocking Database                                                    

He wasnt insulting people. He was having fun with his friends. Im sure if some of the things you said while hanging out with your friends was streamed you'd get hate for stupid reasons

This is turning into one of those "it's okay to offend everyone until it's about you" kinda things.

Desktop: Intel i5-3570K (stock) | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill RipJaw 16GB 1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB | EVGA GTX 680 SC+ 2GB | Fractal Design R4 | Windows 8 Pro (soon to have dual boot Mac OS X)

Retina Macbook Pro : Intel i7-3840QM | 16GB 1600 MHz | 256GB SSD | Nvidia GT 650M 1GB | Mac OS X 10.8.5

Guys stop arguing about useless stuff, just be gay and go on with your day 

But I'm already happy! 

Desktop: Intel i5-3570K (stock) | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill RipJaw 16GB 1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB | EVGA GTX 680 SC+ 2GB | Fractal Design R4 | Windows 8 Pro (soon to have dual boot Mac OS X)

Retina Macbook Pro : Intel i7-3840QM | 16GB 1600 MHz | 256GB SSD | Nvidia GT 650M 1GB | Mac OS X 10.8.5

I find the word 'waffle', 'headlight', and 'coat-hanger' very offensive. They offend me so they are no longer accepted words to be spoken by the world.  Please refrain from using them in the future, thanks...

Come to think of it, I'm offended by everything so just leave me alone.

/troll

nothing wrong with a little homo joke here and there and in away its accurate. I don't think i would care at all if i was straight and somehow that was not the norm which would be weird biologically speaking but if someone had sexual tension and with a female and went "full hetero" some sounds like people are trying to play the victim. The idea he is Homophobic at all is kind of silly if he wasn't comfortable with his sexuality he wouldn't act the way he does and he is a down to earth guy. I understand where he is coming from in addressing this supposed issue cause he wants a good solid community welcoming to everyone but i think this is a little silly. 

I find the word 'waffle', 'headlight', and 'coat-hanger' very offensive. They offend me so they are no longer accepted words to be spoken by the world.  Please refrain from using them in the future, thanks...

Come to think of it, I'm offended by everything so just leave me alone.

/troll

So one day my waffle fell off my plate and landed on my coat hanger which was holding a spare headlight for my truck then i came on this thread

I think it's indicative of the quality of the mods that this bullshit thread gets to stay open when people are just fighting against each other but I put up a post about the new Captain America movie and it gets taken down immediately because a few people complained.

I get 60 frames at 1080p on a dual core APU. Ask me how.

AMD FX 8350 CPU / R9 280X GPU / Asus M5A97 LE R 2.0 motherboard / 8GB Kingston HyperX Blue 1600 RAM / 128G OCZ Vertex 4 SSD / 256G Crucial SSD / 2T WD Black HDD / 1T Seagate Barracude HDD / Antec Earthwatts 650W PSU / Coolermaster HAF 922 Case

care bears, F*** this place

If ur hell bent on X, dont ask for X vs Y suggestions

This is turning into one of those "it's okay to offend everyone until it's about you" kinda things.

Yes and no. I've been insulted various times in my life, but as I got older, I stopped caring. Words are words..if anything, I actually get a laugh at someone trying to insult me with words haha. My Japanese/Scott-Irish girlfriend is the same. She get gets insulted at times just because of her race or weight and she shrugs it off and laughs. It's still wrong to flat out insult someone you don't know, but at the same time, one shouldn't put a strangers opinion in high regard. At least this is what I think.

I give props to the OP, I think this is the angriest I've seen the lot of us on these forums  :(

CPU Overclocking Database <------- Over 275 submissions, and over 40,000 views!                         

GPU Overclocking Database                                                    

Guys stop arguing about useless stuff, just be gay and go on with your day 

Ahahaha..yes, this is the best advice in the entire thread!

With Linus and a mod policing this thread.. I think they are just laughing about the replies at this point.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

These people complaining about it on Linus's twitter are seriously pathetic.

I dunno, if some people get offended, I think Linus should just be careful with what he says even in jest....Problem solved

AMD > Toaster > Toast > nVidia

(discuss)

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.7Ghz when gaming | MSI 990FXA-GD80 v2 | Swiftech H220 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7950  +  XFX Radeon 7950 | 8 Gigs of Crucial Ballistix Tracers | 140 GB Raptor X | 1 TB WD Blue | 250 GB Samsung Pro SSD | 120 GB Samsung SSD | 750 Watt Antec HCG PSU | Corsair C70 Mil Green