Is Linus homophobic?

filipcro

I KNEW THIS PICTURE WOULD COME IN HANDY!!! 

wtf, this is a serious fair and balanced debate not a class on anime 101

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

If you were offended then never EVER go to the southern half of the U.S.

Oh so it's ok then? As long as I don't go to the south? Ridiculous.

I lucky live in New Zealand, where homophobia is frowned upon.

Why are people so soft now-a-days? Can't anyone be insulted anymore? People make fun of me for my hobbies, what clothes I wear, the way I talk, honestly. You know who you are, ignore the hate and just keep pushing forward bud  ;)

Soft? Are you kidding? You're a disgrace.

CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | CPU:  i5 4570| CPU COOLER: Noctua NH-U12s | MOTHERBOARD: Asus H87-I Plus| RAM: Muskin Blackline 8GB | SSD: Samsung 830 128gb | 

SSD: Samsung 840 128gb SSD(Games) | GPU: Asus R9 270X DCUII | PSU: Seasonic 660w | MONITORS: LG 23" IPS 5ms |

If you're offended by something someone says, you should re-evaluate yourself more than evaluating someone.

You're actually letting someone "offend" you. Unless it's someone who you have to impress to get ahead (like an interview for a job or school you want to go to, not McDonald's), then you shouldn't give a shit what people say.

Real talk here. 

Desktop: Intel i5-3570K (stock) | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill RipJaw 16GB 1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB | EVGA GTX 680 SC+ 2GB | Fractal Design R4 | Windows 8 Pro (soon to have dual boot Mac OS X)

Retina Macbook Pro : Intel i7-3840QM | 16GB 1600 MHz | 256GB SSD | Nvidia GT 650M 1GB | Mac OS X 10.8.5

I KNEW THIS PICTURE WOULD COME IN HANDY!!! gKOR1hh.png

GODDAMNIT ARKANGEL!

Reposting my images :P

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Please take a moment to look over the forum CoC here.

Ok, well Linus isn't homophobic so fucking DEAL WITH IT!

... guys... this thread... it's making my nose bleed... I... I can't open my left eye... SOMEONE...

I get 60 frames at 1080p on a dual core APU. Ask me how.

AMD FX 8350 CPU / R9 280X GPU / Asus M5A97 LE R 2.0 motherboard / 8GB Kingston HyperX Blue 1600 RAM / 128G OCZ Vertex 4 SSD / 256G Crucial SSD / 2T WD Black HDD / 1T Seagate Barracude HDD / Antec Earthwatts 650W PSU / Coolermaster HAF 922 Case

Homophobic = being creeped by / scared of homosexuality (it's also use nowadays to mean dislikes homosexuals)

Linus joking around being "homo" with his peers.... is the exact opposite of homophobic.

:blink:

Troll ass troll is troll. That or limp little nancy boy. Skrillex either way.

Case: Corsair 750D | CPU: Intel i7 4770k | Video Card: Gigabyte WF3 780 Ti 3GB | RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance LP | Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45 | Hard Drives: Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD / 1TB WD Black / 2TB Seagate Barracuda / 2x2TB WD Green | PSU: Corsair RM750 | Cooler: Corsair h100i w/ Noctua NF-F12 x2 | DAC: O2 Amp/Dac Combo w/ RCA from Mayflower Electronics | Headphones: HiFiMAN HE-400 | Microphone/Input: AudioTechnica AT2035 w/ Scarlet 2i2 Keyboard: Ducky Shine 2 w/ Custom Keycaps | Mouse: Logitech G502 | Monitor: QNiX QX2710LED 1440p PLS & WASABI-MANGO QH275 27" 1440p S-IPS

How am I a disgrace? People seem to agree with me. I never complain, I've been insulted about my race also, these are just words bro. I'm not willing to start a fight at 2:30 in the morning, but why must EVERYONE care what other people think? It's your life, ignore people who don't matter. If I'm one of those people, don't quote my posts. I'm fine with gays (homosexuals?) idk which you prefer to be called actually(sorry for my lack of knowledge :( ) but why do you care what other people think?  

CPU Overclocking Database <------- Over 275 submissions, and over 40,000 views!                         

GPU Overclocking Database                                                    

Ok, well Linus isn't homophobic so fucking DEAL WITH IT!

Just because Linus isn't homophobic, doesn't mean it wasnt insulting.

CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | CPU:  i5 4570| CPU COOLER: Noctua NH-U12s | MOTHERBOARD: Asus H87-I Plus| RAM: Muskin Blackline 8GB | SSD: Samsung 830 128gb | 

SSD: Samsung 840 128gb SSD(Games) | GPU: Asus R9 270X DCUII | PSU: Seasonic 660w | MONITORS: LG 23" IPS 5ms |

How am I a disgrace? People seem to agree with me. I never complain, I've been insulted about my race also, these are just words bro. I'm not willing to start a fight at 2:30 in the morning, but why must EVERYONE care what other people think? It's your life, ignore people who don't matter. If I'm one of those people, don't quote my posts. I'm fine with gays (homosexuals?) idk which you prefer to be called actually(sorry for my lack of knowledge :( ) but why do you care what other people think?  

Oh so because people agree with you, its ok?

I care because everyone here is jumping to defend Linus, when in fact, he was in the wrong.

"Full homo" is a colloquial term used to imply that a relationship is sexual rather than platonic.

The "homo" part means that the relationship is between two members of the same sex, so while adaptations could exist that are appropriate for use with a member of the opposite sex, I didn't need to use them because Slick is male, and I am male.

It's about like any other joking around that friends (of same sex, opposite sex or anywhere else on the spectrum) might do. I've said similar crap to girls too, and no one cares about that. As long as everyone involved is comfortable with kidding around in such a manner, then it's all between consenting adults, and everyone else can just move right along.

If anyone was offended, then two things:

1. I'm sorry your feelings were hurt.

2. Lighten up.

Here's the problem.

When you mark one's sexuality, which is a huge part of a person, as the butt of a joke you're being offensive.

So per my conversation with @Gaymer91 on Twitter, evdiently the problem is the use of the word "homo" and not my implied relationship with my co-workers and/or friends.

If that's that case, then I guess we don't have a problem because I'm not married to the word "homo" and I have no problem substituting in something less offensive as long as I don't have to abandon one of my favourite things to do, which is creating uncomfortable sexual tension for the people around me :)

So there you have it, guys. The community has spoken, and the word "homo" will no longer be used to refer to sexual orientation. I'm glad we got this out of the way.

Ok, everyone, grab a baseball bat!

This god damned thread is going down whether you like it or not!

ATTAAAAACK!!!!!!!

AMD FX 8350 CPU / R9 280X GPU / Asus M5A97 LE R 2.0 motherboard / 8GB Kingston HyperX Blue 1600 RAM / 128G OCZ Vertex 4 SSD / 256G Crucial SSD / 2T WD Black HDD / 1T Seagate Barracude HDD / Antec Earthwatts 650W PSU / Coolermaster HAF 922 Case

I care because everyone here is jumping to defend Linus.

It's not about defending Linus.

It's about learning to not care what people think. 

If it's not okay with you, why did someone else besides you start the thread?

Desktop: Intel i5-3570K (stock) | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill RipJaw 16GB 1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB | EVGA GTX 680 SC+ 2GB | Fractal Design R4 | Windows 8 Pro (soon to have dual boot Mac OS X)

Retina Macbook Pro : Intel i7-3840QM | 16GB 1600 MHz | 256GB SSD | Nvidia GT 650M 1GB | Mac OS X 10.8.5

Just because Linus isn't homophobic, doesn't mean it wasnt insulting.

nobody owes you shit. if they insult you then take it and go away. that's what i do. i am 350 lbs. i have many times been called a fat ass.

I'm always amused when people get all upset over gay slurs.  I'm from the rural south (United States) yet  laugh as good as the next person at a red neck. If I got so out ragged every time someone made a uncle brother joke i'd have no time for anything else.

Anymore it just seems like everyone is out to be out raged over something, wish everyone would get over it already. 

I care because everyone here is jumping to defend Linus, when in fact, he was in the wrong.

and all I'm trying to do is suggest that people in this age care way to much about words. Lets take a step back and think, they're words, they can't hurt you. I do understand your point, and I am a little desensitized. So I truly am sorry if this thread upsets you :(

CPU Overclocking Database <------- Over 275 submissions, and over 40,000 views!                         

GPU Overclocking Database                                                    

So per my conversation with @Gaymer91 on Twitter, evdiently the problem is the use of the word "homo" and not my implied relationship with my co-workers and/or friends.

If that's that case, then I guess we don't have a problem because I'm not married to the word "homo" and I have no problem substituting in something less offensive as long as I don't have to abandon one of my favourite things to do, which is creating uncomfortable sexual tension for the people around me :)

no, f**k that. Don't let the terrorists win!!!!

Mr. Linus would you be camping with me?

You can bring the fire and I'll bring the WOOD.....

Asus Acer Gigabyte MSI ASRock hTC Benq Avermedia D-link Thermaltake ADATA VIA  Foxconn LITE-ON ECS RiTek Realtek TSMC Transcend Quanta Enermax Ducky In-Win SilverStone G.SKILL Cooler Master QNAP Sea Sonic

What do these companies have in common?

They are all from Taiwan and Awesome!

nobody owes you shit. if they insult you then take it and go away. that's what i do. i am 350 lbs. i have many times been called a fat ass.

i_know_that_feel_bro_by_rober_raik-d4cxn

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

"I don't have to abandon one of my favourite things to do, which is creating uncomfortable sexual tension for the people around me :)"

I must come work for you as a unpaid intern. I love these situations.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

no, f**k that. Don't let the terrorists win!!!!

You mentioned terrorists, now we're all on watch from the NSA. Good... Job.

Case: Corsair 750D | CPU: Intel i7 4770k | Video Card: Gigabyte WF3 780 Ti 3GB | RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance LP | Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45 | Hard Drives: Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD / 1TB WD Black / 2TB Seagate Barracuda / 2x2TB WD Green | PSU: Corsair RM750 | Cooler: Corsair h100i w/ Noctua NF-F12 x2 | DAC: O2 Amp/Dac Combo w/ RCA from Mayflower Electronics | Headphones: HiFiMAN HE-400 | Microphone/Input: AudioTechnica AT2035 w/ Scarlet 2i2 Keyboard: Ducky Shine 2 w/ Custom Keycaps | Mouse: Logitech G502 | Monitor: QNiX QX2710LED 1440p PLS & WASABI-MANGO QH275 27" 1440p S-IPS

But uncomfortable sexual tension is the best! :P

I still think people are being a bit too sensitive to this topic. I've been following your nerdy shenanigans for awhile and it's silly how anyone could mistaken someone so down to Earth as being uber anti-homosexicals. As I've said in an earlier post, my gay friends joke all the time and I joke flirt back, but I'm happily in love with my girlfriend. People, the point of life is to laugh and enjoy it, not label people. ;)