Is Linus homophobic?

filipcro

I'm sorry, but all these people saying that people shouldn't be so upset about this thread just please go away... Linus someone who provides content for us that we enjoy and if someone threatens or tries to mess with them and make posts about them is going to get a lot of replies telling them to go away. So to the people who think that the op is right maybe you should just lave and never return to the forums.

just my .02 cents about that

/rant end

i5-4670k 4.5 Ghz 1.25v | Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H | 4x4 Gigs of Corsair Vengeance Pro 1600Mhz | Gigabyte 980 Ti Reference 1503 Core/ 7796 Effective Memory | H100i w/stock fans | EVGA Supernova 1000w G1 | Samsung 840 120Gb SSD | Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM | Corsair Force LX 128Gb SSD | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | DT 990 Pro 250Ohm | Blue Snowball | Logitech G710+ | Logitech G600 | Acer H236HL BID x 3

Here is another one for you http://imgur.com/Y9XZO with the same idea. 

OMFG LOL

I get 60 frames at 1080p on a dual core APU. Ask me how.

AMD FX 8350 CPU / R9 280X GPU / Asus M5A97 LE R 2.0 motherboard / 8GB Kingston HyperX Blue 1600 RAM / 128G OCZ Vertex 4 SSD / 256G Crucial SSD / 2T WD Black HDD / 1T Seagate Barracude HDD / Antec Earthwatts 650W PSU / Coolermaster HAF 922 Case

Sorry Linus but I have to agree with the OP on this one.
What you talked about is no laughing matter. 

Sometimes when you are camping and the heat goes out and it gets so cold that the only way to survive is to take off all of your clothes and huddle together with your best friend......

I promised my friends to never speak of the incident again,

But Linus you live in Canada, I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. ;)

So please don't be so inconsiderate and make fun of things like this! 

Asus Acer Gigabyte MSI ASRock hTC Benq Avermedia D-link Thermaltake ADATA VIA  Foxconn LITE-ON ECS RiTek Realtek TSMC Transcend Quanta Enermax Ducky In-Win SilverStone G.SKILL Cooler Master QNAP Sea Sonic

What do these companies have in common?

They are all from Taiwan and Awesome!

men and women think differently. straight men and gay men think differently. if they thought the same, then they would be attracted to the same things.

that being said, straight men think differently than gay women

How we think and what we are attracted to are different things. I relate quite well with nerdy straight men.

Some gay men can be jocks, straight men can as well. Some lesbian women can be prissy and super feminine, as can heterosexual women. Also there are infinitely many other gender/sexual identities but that isn't pertinent to what I'm getting at here.

There is much variation of behavior within a gender and variation of behavior within a sexuality, our behavior is not determined by either of these.

CPU: 5820k 4.5Ghz 1.28v, RAM: 16GB Crucial 2400mhz, Motherboard: Evga X99 Micro, Graphics Card: GTX 780, Water Cooling: EK Acetal CPU/GPU blocks,

240mm Magicool slim rad, 280mm Alphacool rad, D5 Vario pump, 1/4 ID 3/4 OD tubing, Noctua Redux 140/120mm fans. PSU: Evga 750w G2 SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB & Seagate SSHD 2TB Audio: Sennheiser HD558s, JBL! speakers, Fiio E10k DAC/Amp Monitor: Xstar DP2710LED @ 96hz (Korean Monitor) Case: Fractal Node 804

Sometimes when you are camping and the heat goes out and it gets so cold that the only way to survive is to take off all of your clothes and huddle together with your best friend......

lol I had the ALL CAPS ready until I read the rest of your post.

AMD FX 8350 CPU / R9 280X GPU / Asus M5A97 LE R 2.0 motherboard / 8GB Kingston HyperX Blue 1600 RAM / 128G OCZ Vertex 4 SSD / 256G Crucial SSD / 2T WD Black HDD / 1T Seagate Barracude HDD / Antec Earthwatts 650W PSU / Coolermaster HAF 922 Case

Surviving is a different thing than being homophobic, you have to do what you can to survive if your life depends on it. I mean yea Linus did take it a little too far but people have to remember this is the internet and people have a freedom of speak/expression. So I don't get why people are getting upset with Linus people have done much worse things and it gets pushed under the rug. But nice 2/3 rest of the post :3 twas a funny thing.

i5-4670k 4.5 Ghz 1.25v | Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H | 4x4 Gigs of Corsair Vengeance Pro 1600Mhz | Gigabyte 980 Ti Reference 1503 Core/ 7796 Effective Memory | H100i w/stock fans | EVGA Supernova 1000w G1 | Samsung 840 120Gb SSD | Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM | Corsair Force LX 128Gb SSD | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | DT 990 Pro 250Ohm | Blue Snowball | Logitech G710+ | Logitech G600 | Acer H236HL BID x 3

you obviously haven't seen the latest WAN show..otherwise you'd get the joke.

Actually I saw it live. Do you mean the "pact" thing? xD

That was kinda hilarious.

Linus "Um. How about you just plug your stuff."

Slick *laughs his ass off*

CPU: 5820k 4.5Ghz 1.28v, RAM: 16GB Crucial 2400mhz, Motherboard: Evga X99 Micro, Graphics Card: GTX 780, Water Cooling: EK Acetal CPU/GPU blocks,

240mm Magicool slim rad, 280mm Alphacool rad, D5 Vario pump, 1/4 ID 3/4 OD tubing, Noctua Redux 140/120mm fans. PSU: Evga 750w G2 SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB & Seagate SSHD 2TB Audio: Sennheiser HD558s, JBL! speakers, Fiio E10k DAC/Amp Monitor: Xstar DP2710LED @ 96hz (Korean Monitor) Case: Fractal Node 804

While I think you are overreacting a little to it, I also think that everyone in here being a jerk to you is also going over the line. Using terms like homo can be offensive if you are using them to be derogatory. Saying something that you don't like is "gay" is a classic example of this. You're using something being gay as an insult. This isn't what linus was doing, but I could see how there might be some confusion.

I wish I was gay, I'd have way more girlfriends.

How we think and what we are attracted to are different things. I relate quite well with nerdy straight men.

Some gay men can be jocks, straight men can as well. Some lesbian women can be prissy and super feminine, as can heterosexual women. Also there are infinitely many other gender/sexual identities but that isn't pertinent to what I'm getting at here.

There is much variation of behavior within a gender and variation of behavior within a sexuality, our behavior is not determined by either of these.

omfg I studied this at university and I know what I am talking about. You were offended over "no homo" and you need to realize that for straight men, the idea of going homo is not open for debate regardless of how pro gay your opinions are

somerealtalk.jpg

So like, you think this guy is ever coming back? I kinda want to start a poll to see what you lot think, but I'm assuming that would upset the mod team... and I'm not about that life  B)

CPU Overclocking Database <------- Over 275 submissions, and over 40,000 views!                         

GPU Overclocking Database                                                    

Desktop: Intel i5-3570K (stock) | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill RipJaw 16GB 1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB | EVGA GTX 680 SC+ 2GB | Fractal Design R4 | Windows 8 Pro (soon to have dual boot Mac OS X)

Retina Macbook Pro : Intel i7-3840QM | 16GB 1600 MHz | 256GB SSD | Nvidia GT 650M 1GB | Mac OS X 10.8.5

I'll salad your toss, ya fricken' queen.

Go 420xXxSM0KEW33DxXxshadow360nosc0pexXx420 and talk about how big you were when you played on the xbox. Life is too short to get angry about people fluffing a bag of dicks or whatever he did.

Case: Corsair 750D | CPU: Intel i7 4770k | Video Card: Gigabyte WF3 780 Ti 3GB | RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance LP | Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45 | Hard Drives: Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD / 1TB WD Black / 2TB Seagate Barracuda / 2x2TB WD Green | PSU: Corsair RM750 | Cooler: Corsair h100i w/ Noctua NF-F12 x2 | DAC: O2 Amp/Dac Combo w/ RCA from Mayflower Electronics | Headphones: HiFiMAN HE-400 | Microphone/Input: AudioTechnica AT2035 w/ Scarlet 2i2 Keyboard: Ducky Shine 2 w/ Custom Keycaps | Mouse: Logitech G502 | Monitor: QNiX QX2710LED 1440p PLS & WASABI-MANGO QH275 27" 1440p S-IPS

somerealtalk.jpg

So like, you think this guy is ever coming back? I kinda want to start a poll to see what you lot think, but I'm assuming that would upset the mod team... and I'm not about that life  B)

He is @CoolBeans in disguise... 

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

Actually I saw it live. Do you mean the "pact" thing? xD

That was kinda hilarious.

Linus "Um. How about you just plug your stuff."

Slick *laughs his ass off*

yeah that's what I was hinting at :P

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

You should all be ashamed of yourselves.

I'm gay, and I was extremely offended by,

a) Linus sprouting "Homo" like it it was not offensive to gay people at all.

B) All the immature people justifying him doing so, and saying "I've got a gay friend, its cool".

"Homo" is a highly offensive word to someone who is actually gay. Because it is used in a malicious way to bully gay people. Even if it is not used in a malicious way, it still hurts.

CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | CPU:  i5 4570| CPU COOLER: Noctua NH-U12s | MOTHERBOARD: Asus H87-I Plus| RAM: Muskin Blackline 8GB | SSD: Samsung 830 128gb | 

SSD: Samsung 840 128gb SSD(Games) | GPU: Asus R9 270X DCUII | PSU: Seasonic 660w | MONITORS: LG 23" IPS 5ms |

I KNEW THIS PICTURE WOULD COME IN HANDY!!! gKOR1hh.png

"I take my spirit and I smash my mirrors,
And now the whole world is here for me to see,
Now I'm searching for my love to be."
-Jimi Hendrix, Room Full of Mirrors

B) All the immature people justifying him doing so, and saying "I've got a gay friend, its cool".

"Homo" is a highly offensive word to someone who is actually gay. Because it is used in a malicious way to bully gay people. Even if it is not used in a malicious way, it still hurts.

If you were offended then never EVER go to the southern half of the U.S.

Why are people so soft now-a-days? Can't anyone be insulted anymore? People make fun of me for my hobbies, what clothes I wear, the way I talk, honestly. You know who you are, ignore the hate and just keep pushing forward bud  ;)

again, it mainly has to do with the context and usage of the word dude, has nothing to do with the word, If I call on of my friends a sand nigger he would be fine because he knew I was just messing with him, it's the same also

I KNEW THIS PICTURE WOULD COME IN HANDY!!! 

Something tells me that's against CoC. At this rate this topic is gunna be locked again in a solid 2 seconds.

The problem with using "no homo" is that it implies being thought of as a gay couple is bad enough to be worth denying explicitly, or that any same gender relationship (primarily between men) is sexual until otherwise stated. It's a bit problematic but as a lesbian myself there are far more bothersome things out there that can be said.

To answer the OP's question. I'm very certain that Linus is not homophobic and would be fine with for example, hiring a gay employee (and would pay them fairly and all that).

omfg I studied this at university and I know what I am talking about. You were offended over "no homo" and you need to realize that for straight men, the idea of going homo is not open for debate regardless of how pro gay your opinions are

I never said I was offended. I explained why it could be viewed as problematic and said (full quote above) "as a lesbian myself there are far more bothersome things out there that can be said". I don't think it's the best thing to say, but to say I was offended is untrue.