Watch_Dogs 2 officially announced

IMPERIUS
4 hours ago, Bouzoo said:

Don't want to just to anything because history, but that might be the best looking trailer I've ever seen. Seriously, half of the time I couldn't tell if it was rl of game.

Also, it's hacking with laptop this time?

i doubt it was in-game footage tho, probably in-engine renderings. And I bet that the end game won't look near the trailer, not just because it's Ubisoft but I doubt anyone could pull of such graphics with today's hardware and optimisation.

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

15 minutes ago, IMPERIUS said:

i doubt it was in-game footage tho, probably in-engine renderings. And I bet that the end game won't look near the trailer, not just because it's Ubisoft but I doubt anyone could pull of such graphics with today's hardware and optimisation.

I actually almost wrote in game but decided to write game beacause I figured it was renderings. :P Well we'll see. I don't hink it's unreasonable if they put their mind into it (they told they learned a lot of things from the backlash, but it's all words. When I see what Naughty Dog didi with Uncharted 4, I think anyone can do a great job when they know what they're doing. Not going into specifics like WD being open world and all. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

50 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

I actually almost wrote in game but decided to write game beacause I figured it was renderings. :P Well we'll see. I don't hink it's unreasonable if they put their mind into it (they told they learned a lot of things from the backlash, but it's all words. When I see what Naughty Dog didi with Uncharted 4, I think anyone can do a great job when they know what they're doing. Not going into specifics like WD being open world and all. 

Sure, if devs would put more time into optimising their games everything would be better. Also gpu drivers and cpu overhead and so on and on... there are lots of things that could be better optimised. A good example is star wars battlefront, graphics are just *so good* and it still runs better than most games

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

We knew it was coming, with the absence of AC sequel. Once they are done with WD2, the work force will probably move onto next AC or Division 2. Ubi game designers, rather their entire work force are bounced around between different projects all the time to increase work efficiency but ultimately it's because of shareholders. There is trouble brewing with Vivendi staging the final moves for a hostile takeover of Ubisoft. Vivendi=Abstergo anyone?

They were arrogant with Watch Dogs launch and while successful, Ubi could have learned a few lessons. They even had ads taking shots at GTA V:

watch_dogs_gta_5.jpg

While there is plenty wrong with Ubisoft the publisher and Watch Dogs the game, Ubi has the sheer manpower to "brute force" a game and because of the experience they have in making them, they aren't absolute garbage. If Ubi lands a hit, they won't know what made the game good but will desperately try to make the rest of the games in the lineup like the game that sells well.

That being said, Watch Dogs is a decent premise. They butchered it with the first protagonist, his story didn't work out. The first game did some neat things to make the city appear live and added AI routines and animations for the NPC's but behind the facade, the game was a shallow, uninspired game. The only inspiration I found to do the side quests was to make the map look neat.

This is LTT. One cannot force "style over substance" values & agenda on people that actually aren't afraid to pop the lid off their electronic devices, which happens to be the most common denominator of this community. Rather than take shots at this community in every post, why not seek out like-minded individuals elsewhere?