Watch_Dogs 2 officially announced

IMPERIUS

I can live with graphical downgrades. Witcher 3 got an enormous graphical downgrade from the E3 footage but it was still one of the best games of the last few years. Watch Dogs just bored me to death after the great intro mission.

I liked Watch_dogs especially online part of it. Hopefully this one will be better.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

12 hours ago, ivan134 said:

Oh man, i can't wait for more line of sight hacking, and pretty sure this game won't follow the typical Ubisoft open world formula that all Assassins Creed,  Far Cry and the 1st Watch Dogs followed. 

Add The Crew to that list.

CPU: Intel i5 3550           | Cooler: Corsair A50          | Motherboard: Asus P8Z77      | Storage: Crucial MX200 250GB |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB   | GPU: GTX 1650                | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)  | PSU: EVGA 650W G2            |

who cares, watch dogs was boring as shit and waste of money not to mention the downgrade. Hope it sells 0 units

11 minutes ago, bydus said:

who cares, watch dogs was boring as shit and waste of money not to mention the downgrade. Hope it sells 0 units

Well aren't you just a ray of sunshine, developers should be encouraged to try new things, sure its hit and miss but i commend them for trying to put a fresh spin on the open world games scene. I hope Ubi builds on Watch_Dogs strengths and fixes the shitty driving, music and bland protagonist, if they do this i'll gladly give them some more of my money :) 

1 minute ago, Newenthusiast said:

Well aren't you just a ray of sunshine, developers should be encouraged to try new things, sure its hit and miss but i commend them for trying to put a fresh spin on the open world games scene. I hope Ubi builds on Watch_Dogs strengths and fixes the shitty driving, music and bland protagonist, if they do this i'll gladly give them some more of my money :) 

10/10  for actually spelling the name of Watch_Dogs correctly unlike 99% of other people :).

30 minutes ago, Gale said:

Add The Crew to that list.

The crew is kinda ok though...........

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

4 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

Are you referring to me?

Cos that is not very nice.

Not at all. I was simply referring to the fact that WD was the first real next gen game, that pushed the limits for graphics. As such the hardware requirements rose quite high, which a lot of PC gamers couldn't understand, so they whined about it. Ironically they whined about it being downgraded while not being able to run at best settings anyways. Makes no sense.

3 hours ago, ybriK said:

time for shitty downgrade and worst performance on amd for some reason *looks at gameworks*

http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/183095-watch-dogs-analyzing-the-impact-of-nvidias-gameworks-integration-and-amd-performance

1 hour ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

I can live with graphical downgrades. Witcher 3 got an enormous graphical downgrade from the E3 footage but it was still one of the best games of the last few years. Watch Dogs just bored me to death after the great intro mission.

Notional:

For both of you: The downgrade really wasn't as bad as people make it out to be. There where a little lighting downgrade, but that was it. Most other stuff people claim were clearly never in the original E3 demo. The biggest difference was cinematography and where the sun was/time of day.

As for the Witcher 3, most of the difference was in colour and contrast. Contrast being over 9000 in the E3 demo (which causes eye fatigue after a short while, and colours being drained and matte. The end result was better I think. Only real downgrade was tessellation on rocks/buildings, but given high demanding the game is, it makes sense.

Also a side note: Notice how all games that gets downgrades uses a lot of GameWorks? It's almost as if they use effects that are insanely over demanding and then have to cut down the rest, so it's possible to run. I'm very interested in seeing what a game based on GPUOpen can deliver compared.

1 hour ago, IMPERIUS said:

I found the driving to be ultra arcade, like you could go in a sharp turn full speed with a SUV and would be mostly fine, gta at least has the cars drifting out if you corner at high speed. It was fun nevertheless 

But a game around a neckbeard sitting in his mom's basement wouldn't be fun, would it? Its like saying fantasy games are shit because humans can't spell spell and dragons don't exist

With jumps it was very arcady, which is a shame. One of the things I liked about WD was that it was more "realistic" than GTA. Well usually cars and stuff doesn't drift. They understeer. Most stuff seemed to understear correctly in WD. Handbrake turns helped a lot, if you mastered it. The purple old school car is the best in the game, because it's fast, but has insanely good handling, compared to the Papavero and the Lamborghini/Ferrari cars.

PS., wtf is going on with quote formatting? They tend to snap together, and you cannot split them apart anymore. There is no undo button anymore, so if stuff derps, there's nothing you can do.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

7 minutes ago, Notional said:

Not at all. I was simply referring to the fact that WD was the first real next gen game, that pushed the limits for graphics. As such the hardware requirements rose quite high, which a lot of PC gamers couldn't understand, so they whined about it. Ironically they whined about it being downgraded while not being able to run at best settings anyways. Makes no sense.

With jumps it was very arcady, which is a shame. One of the things I liked about WD was that it was more "realistic" than GTA. Well usually cars and stuff doesn't drift. They understeer. Most stuff seemed to understear correctly in WD. Handbrake turns helped a lot, if you mastered it. The purple old school car is the best in the game, because it's fast, but has insanely good handling, compared to the Papavero and the Lamborghini/Ferrari cars.

PS., wtf is going on with quote formatting? They tend to snap together, and you cannot split them apart anymore. There is no undo button anymore, so if stuff derps, there's nothing you can do.

Well sorry  if I picked up on your hatred for people like me with 2GB GTX 770s complaining about framerate and not hitting 60fps at Ultra much less high.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

1 minute ago, AluminiumTech said:

Well sorry  if I picked up on your hatred for people like me with 2GB GTX 770s complaining about framerate and not hitting 60fps at Ultra much less high.

You have to put it into perspective. Back then people with 770 claimed you never needed more than 2GB of VRAM, arguing that the GPU was too weak to max it out with high resolutions. I claimed textures would require more despite of lower resolutions, and as such the GPU was strong enough. I was right.

Also back then a 770 could max out most games, where as in WD it would only do medium settings, and people where pissed. WD was the only "next gen" game at that point, and open world games are the most demanding too, so it was a double whammy. Today we know it wasn't as bad as people made it out to be, because a lot of AAA games where the same afterwards.

It's not an attack on you or your GPU, but rather the behavior of people back then in relevance to WD.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

4 minutes ago, Notional said:

You have to put it into perspective. Back then people with 770 claimed you never needed more than 2GB of VRAM, arguing that the GPU was too weak to max it out with high resolutions. I claimed textures would require more despite of lower resolutions, and as such the GPU was strong enough. I was right.

Also back then a 770 could max out most games, where as in WD it would only do medium settings, and people where pissed. WD was the only "next gen" game at that point, and open world games are the most demanding too, so it was a double whammy. Today we know it wasn't as bad as people made it out to be, because a lot of AAA games where the same afterwards.

It's not an attack on you or your GPU, but rather the behavior of people back then in relevance to WD.

I played on a compromise between High and medium and it mostly stayed in between 40-60.

But I will later probably upgrade to RX 480

It'll be another terrible broken mess like every other Ubisoft title. Not even remotely interested.

Smile and wave boys, smile and wave...

Foxy(Main Rig): CPU: i7 4790k GPU: 2x Reference GTX 980's RAM: HyperX 4x4GB 

PSU: Corsair CX 750W Mobo: ASUS Z97-A Pro Case: Bitfenix Shinobi (Black & Gold)

Lol. Look at the page source.

T7oEMWS.png

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

18 minutes ago, Nineshadow said:

I'm T7oEMWS.png

That, that is awesome. +1 to whoever decided to add that easter egg.

- snip-

29 minutes ago, Nineshadow said:

T7oEMWS.png

I'm more curious as to why did you (or whoever did it) decided to check the page source. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Given that Assassin's Creed II is generally considered the best game in the series... perhaps they'll perfect Watch Dogs this time.

I though the first game was pretty average, but I like the idea and the universe. So we'll see how good it's going to be :)

Regarding all the hate back then which I still believe was justified, I was just patient and and waited for proper drivers. So it ran fairly well on my 280X, not in the highest setting though :P

54 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

I'm more curious as to why did you (or whoever did it) decided to check the page source. 

Why not?

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

13 minutes ago, Nineshadow said:

Why not?

Why yes? I'm just curious what was going through someones head when he thinks yes, I might check the page source. As a random check. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Well it's official now, ign leaked it. No Aiden Pearce and no Chicago this time. San Francisco instead.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

1 hour ago, Master Disaster said:

Well it's official now, ign leaked it. No Aiden Pearce and no Chicago this time. San Francisco instead.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

All NPC's will be brightly coloured hipsters, getting triggered about your privilege and patriarchy. Ugh I already want to beat them all and steal their money.. then run them over. And I even did an entire run of WD without killing a single civilian! Not this time! Gouranga!

3 minutes ago, Notional said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

All NPC's will be brightly coloured hipsters, getting triggered about your privilege and patriarchy. Ugh I already want to beat them all and steal their money.. then run them over. And I even did an entire run of WD without killing a single civilian! Not this time! Gouranga!

Really couldn't resist... 

Gouranga!_(GTA1).jpg

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Let's see if Ubisoft will manage to produce something exciting, because that's exactly what their latest games haven't been. Heck, they managed to make a game set in the Stone Age utterly non-exciting.

20 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

Nope: no self respecting "hacker" would use a motherfucking phone as their main tool. Hate this version of the hacker: it's bad enough that it follows the usual "hacking = magic" portrayal but is also a huge Gary Stu: real hackers are usually slightly (or heavily) autistic neckbeards, not handsome fucking hipsters running around town.

Well that's what they'd like you to think, isn't it.

10 minutes ago, Fooshi said:

I liked Watch Dogs. 

It was a joy to just sit back, grab my controller and play a game streamlined, but still advanced and tactical enough to require some brain input. Top that with a semi-engaging storyline and some pretty cool characters, and you've got a pretty good game.

Hate it all you want, Watch Dogs wasn't bad.

Driving on keyboard is always bad. Thinking of getting a Dualshock 4 for my pc. Driving in WD on the PS4 was quite nice.

inb4 uplay requires you to buy an extra subscription of $50 a month on top of the disk to actually play the game