Need a new mouse, RPGs and CAD

LukaP
Go to solution Solved by LukaP,

Got the G502 on a sale, was 65€. so far, quite happy with it :D 

Just now, HydraGaming said:

So many things about this post is wrong

1. Lower DPI usually comes with jitter which is not desired. Lower sensitivity however makes small movements easier to pull of with great precision.

Not from a hardware perspective in regards to optical Sensors(which obv. also includes A9800 and similar) as Array Size and resulting "Base CPI" are pretty low, in Case of all the A9800´s( which also means 3310 and 3988) for example it is slightly above 800 and subdivided from there on via the DSP, which also amplifies the noise and increases jitter.

If CPI are fitting for a players sensitivity is another topic.

1 hour ago, HydraGaming said:

Ill deal with them later, i can't have people running around on this forum spreading misinformation,

The Rival 300 could be a good option, good sensor and decent weight. It has a big butt but the grip width is similar to a medium size mouse (5,5 cm). Cons would be the rubber coat they used on the black model, a lot of people dislike it for feeling like a black board. The grey model uses normal hard plastic and the white model uses glossy plastic.

The Mionix Castor has received a lot of praise but the thumb groove is very deep and some people don't like that. Would suggest you read this review if you are intrested in that mouse: http://www.overclock.net/t/1571087/mionix-castor-gaming-mouse-review-by-ino 

The Logitech G303 is an excellent mouse but the awkward shape is a big barrier to entry. Some people learn to use it and some return it back to the store and it's basically impossible to palm grip in my experience.

I noted that the Kova+ you previously used had a very low hump, i would suggest you take a look into the Avior 7000 by Mionix since that uses a very low hump too. Just note it has buttons on both sides and a lot of people have said they are in the way (most of them seem to have big hands) while some say they are not (most of them seem to have smaller hands).

Cougar have also launched a few interesting mice in various price points. The top model 550m (similar shape to deathadder), the step down 450m (fairly low hump but is also a smaller mouse). I would mostly look at the 550m but it may be outside your price range.

And how are zowie prices in your country? They offer some great mice in various sizes and shapes. FK1 to FK2 (same shape with very low hump but mostly recommended for fingertip grip) and EC1-A to EC2-A (deathadder style shape which is loved by many but hump is fairly big) and lastly the ZA11 to ZA13 which is very similar to FK series but very big hump which is more to the back (should suit palm grip).

The rival is the same price as the G502, so id rather get the Logitech

Cant get the Mionix here...

Ive tried the 303 at a store, and didnt really like the shape that much, but it has great specs for the price, so i was kinda eyeing it anyway

Ive liked the low humped Kova, but ive never had a problem with mice having high humps, so thats not really a factor for me

I can get the Zowie FK1 but its also 80€, so again, rather take the G502...

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

1 hour ago, Timmy-P said:

Came here to say this.  The G303 is a worthy update to the G302, and it does more under the hood rather than RGB lighting.  I've own the G303 for about three months and I can recommend it, though this is coming from a guy that plays FPSs primarily.

@LukaP Now, for RPGs and MOBAs, as much as I'd like to recommend a G600/Naga (reg or Hex) for the programmable buttons (obviously), but I don't know if that's out of your budget.  I'd look it up for you, though I don't know where you're located.

19 minutes ago, Zulkkis said:

G600 for productivity-related uses, it can't be beat.

I dont like that many buttons on my mouse (or atleast being placed in a grid) and the G600 is a really awkward shape for my hand for some reason. i just cant seem to grab it right.

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

2 minutes ago, LukaP said:

The rival is the same price as the G502, so id rather get the Logitech

Cant get the Mionix here...

Ive tried the 303 at a store, and didnt really like the shape that much, but it has great specs for the price, so i was kinda eyeing it anyway

Ive liked the low humped Kova, but ive never had a problem with mice having high humps, so thats not really a factor for me

I can get the Zowie FK1 but its also 80€, so again, rather take the G502...

Ill link a few reviews about these mice

G502

G303

Gigabyte XM300

http://www.overclock.net/products/gigabyte-xtreme-gaming-mouse-gm-xm300/reviews/7346

https://www.reddit.com/r/MouseReview/comments/48ja3w/gigabyte_xm300_first_impressions_mini_review_and/

Honestly if you didn't like the shape of the G303 i would place it towards the bottom of your short list since the shape of a mouse is one of the most important and defining features of a mouse. The G502 has the same sensor but buttons might not be as nice.

2 minutes ago, HydraGaming said:

Ill link a few reviews about these mice

G502

G303

Gigabyte XM300

http://www.overclock.net/products/gigabyte-xtreme-gaming-mouse-gm-xm300/reviews/7346

https://www.reddit.com/r/MouseReview/comments/48ja3w/gigabyte_xm300_first_impressions_mini_review_and/

Honestly if you didn't like the shape of the G303 i would place it towards the bottom of your short list since the shape of a mouse is one of the most important and defining features of a mouse. The G502 has the same sensor but buttons might not be as nice.

yeah it was awkward... what do you mean with buttons not being as nice on the 502?

1 minute ago, LukaP said:

yeah it was awkward... what do you mean with buttons not being as nice on the 502?

There is nothing wrong with the G502's buttons but if i remember correctly the G303's button felt more responsive

1 hour ago, LukaP said:

1 hour ago, HydraGaming said:

There is nothing wrong with the G502's buttons but if i remember correctly the G303's button felt more responsive

The buttons are nice and tactile, not much travel distance - once you apply pressure, it's clicked, unlike the DeathAdder.  The side buttons have a little travel distance, but at least they don't feel cheap.

I'm using it right now, so if you have any questions about it I'll be more than happy to answer them.

[witty signature]

The buttons are nice and tactile, not much travel distance - once you apply pressure, it's clicked, unlike the DeathAdder.  The side buttons have a little travel distance, but at least they don't feel cheap.

I'm using it right now, so if you have any questions about it I'll be more than happy to answer them.

how big are your hands, wrist to fingertips? (if i may ask) and how is the comfort with that size

37 minutes ago, LukaP said:

how big are your hands, wrist to fingertips? (if i may ask) and how is the comfort with that size

Wrist to the tip of my middle finger is ~7.5 in/9 cm, and I tend to claw it with no issues regarding comfort.  I uploaded a pic of my hand next to my mouse to put it in perspective.

gCvAvfF.jpg

[witty signature]

Wrist to the tip of my middle finger is ~7.5 in/9 cm, and I tend to claw it with no issues regarding comfort.  I uploaded a pic of my hand next to my mouse to put it in perspective.

Hide contents

gCvAvfF.jpg

OK so your hand is just as big as mine, except that you claw and i palm. I think ill go for it

11 hours ago, LukaP said:

OK so your hand is just as big as mine, except that you claw and i palm. I think ill go for it

Well yeah, with a hand size like ours you almost have to claw it... I came from palming a G500 for several years and the transition wasn't that hard.

[witty signature]

22 hours ago, LukaP said:

Ok so my mouse finally gave in completely :(

I use palm grip, have medium to large sized hands. need the mouse to be reasonably good resolution (4000DPI +-) but should go down lower too. max budget is 50€.

So far ive been looking at the G302 from Logitech, and the Gigabyte XM300 (which is cheaper at 37€), as well as a discounted Roccat Kiro for 49. 

Any other suggestions?

How much is 1 GBP In USD?

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

14 hours ago, LukaP said:

I would say Logitech G700s but it's slightly above your budget.

I have big hands and it is a joy to use.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

I personally dropped MMO mouses, simply because I like none of them and most of them are bulky. The only one I liked was the Razer Naga 2012, and that lasted me a good 3 years before becoming faulty. I now set up my ability kebinds like this, instead of having an mmo mouse - spanning across the 1-0 keys top and bottom rows;

123456 ASDFRT

(Shift modifier) 123456 ASDFRT

I just use Q and E to strafe + move, while aiming with my mouse. 

I use the Corsair RGB M65 w/ Dpi button.

If you can find a Razer Naga 2012, Id go for that. IMO the BEST mmo mouse out there, despite the brand name, they made them well back then.

Kind of out there, but the Logitech G602. I have one and have been using it for 3 years now. It is a great all around mouse. I have used it with Autodesk Inventor and love it. It does have the 6 programmable buttons which are nice for setting up simple shortcuts. It is wireless but freaking last forever. I have only changed the batteries once and most of the time forget I am even using a wireless mouse. 

Got the G502 on a sale, was 65€. so far, quite happy with it :D 

On 6/6/2016 at 5:54 AM, LukaP said:

Calling @Pandalf since he actually knows mice and doesn't blindly recommend stuff!

Edit: NVM DIDN'T SEE THE LAST POST, I'M DUMB!

4 hours ago, JoeyDM said:

Calling @Pandalf since he actually knows mice and doesn't blindly recommend stuff!

Edit: NVM DIDN'T SEE THE LAST POST, I'M DUMB!

Best thing about it, the store fucked up, and i got the G502 spectrum, which wasnt on sale, for the price of the normal G502 which was on sale :D