Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LukaP

Need a new mouse, RPGs and CAD

Got the G502 on a sale, was 65€. so far, quite happy with it :D 

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Ok so my mouse finally gave in completely :(

I use palm grip, have medium to large sized hands. need the mouse to be reasonably good resolution (4000DPI +-) but should go down lower too. max budget is 50€.

 

So far ive been looking at the G302 from Logitech, and the Gigabyte XM300 (which is cheaper at 37€), as well as a discounted Roccat Kiro for 49. 

Any other suggestions?


"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN


Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps


G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Link to post
Share on other sites

G502. No contest. It has the best sensor out there. Although why do you need 4000DPI? That's too much. I personally use 400dpi. And for my CSGO settings, 2.2 sens.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, AyyLmfao said:

G502. No contest. It has the best sensor out there. Although why do you need 4000DPI? That's too much. I personally use 400dpi. And for my CSGO settings, 2.2 sens.

I dont play fps'. I like high sensitivity, because it allows me faster access to every tool when i do cad work. The amount of stuff there is too much for keyboard shortcuts. 

As far as the G502 goes, its 80€ here. now if someone were to give me 30€, id buy it immediately. this way, im a bit reserved to throw that much money into a mouse :/


"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN


Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps


G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just saying the lower the DPI, the more accurate the tracking will be!

 

Mouses with crazy DPI rates are normally made to draw people into thinking they are better for gaming.

 

Logitech mouses are always good for gaming (G502/ G302 )


Might add this later...

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, AllHokage said:

Just saying the lower the DPI, the more accurate the tracking will be!

 

Mouses with crazy DPI rates are normally made to draw people into thinking they are better for gaming.

 

Logitech mouses are always good for gaming (Logitech G502), along with steel series (Rival).

Again, im not using the high DPIs for gaming, but rather for navigating the screen faster when working. its a tested and proven workflow for me, so i dont plan on changing that.

ill check if anyone here carries steelseries


"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN


Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps


G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LukaP said:

I dont play fps'. I like high sensitivity, because it allows me faster access to every tool when i do cad work. The amount of stuff there is too much for keyboard shortcuts. 

As far as the G502 goes, its 80€ here. now if someone were to give me 30€, id buy it immediately. this way, im a bit reserved to throw that much money into a mouse :/

You don't need a gaming mouse if you aren't playing fps xD. Cheaper ones aren't good as they don't have a good sensor. I use the extra buttons on my G502 for voulume control. But let me ask you a question, why do you need a gaming mouse? What games? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, AyyLmfao said:

You don't need a gaming mouse if you aren't playing fps xD. Cheaper ones aren't good as they don't have a good sensor. I use the extra buttons on my G502 for voulume control. But let me ask you a question, why do you need a gaming mouse? What games? 

I play my fair share of games. Mass Effect (well not anymore, waiting on the new one), Deus Ex, SWTOR/KOTOR, Fallout 4,... 

It just seems that if one wants a high quality mouse one needs to look at gaming mice, or the MX Master, which is WAAAAY out of my price range


"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN


Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps


G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, LukaP said:

 if anyone here carries steelseries

Ah you can just bump up in-game/windows sensitivity (smoother tracking).


Might add this later...

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, AllHokage said:

Ah you can just bump up in-game/windows sensitivity (smoother tracking).

yeah but i cant do that on the fly really. its nice and convenient when one can do it with a click of a button on a mouse ;) (i dont even see how the DPI is such a problem, most mice ive seen have sensors that do waaay over 3500-4000 i use, i just mentioned it so i dont get the ones really focused on CSGO)


"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN


Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps


G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

2 minutes ago, LukaP said:

I play my fair share of games. Mass Effect (well not anymore, waiting on the new one), Deus Ex, SWTOR/KOTOR, Fallout 4,... 

It just seems that if one wants a high quality mouse one needs to look at gaming mice, or the MX Master, which is WAAAAY out of my price range

Like I said, don't be expecting to cash out cheap and expect to get good results. Remember that you will be using that mouse for a very long time. Maybe even a couple of years. You need to best bang for your buck. The more expensive the mouse, the better as it will produce outstanding results and long-life (unless you're going with Razer, it's overpriced asf.) The Logitech G502 maybe be almost twice as expensive as your budget, but I will tell you now - it will produce 4x better results than any other cheap mouse. Like I said before, the G502 has the best sensor, so if you're doing CAD, you need those precise movements. Click this link to show you how accurate the mouse is. Although the mouse in the video is a wireless one and a different model, it has the same sensor, thus same results.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, AllHokage said:

Just saying the lower the DPI, the more accurate the tracking will be!

 

Mouses with crazy DPI rates are normally made to draw people into thinking they are better for gaming.

 

Logitech mouses are always good for gaming (G502/ G302 )

So many things about this post is wrong

 

1. Lower DPI usually comes with jitter which is not desired. Lower sensitivity however makes small movements easier to pull of with great precision.

2. Logitech *mice* are not always good for gaming since not all games require the same features, many people including me find the G502 to heavy and Logitech's business line of cheap wireless mice are terrible for gaming. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AyyLmfao said:

You don't need a gaming mouse if you aren't playing fps xD. Cheaper ones aren't good as they don't have a good sensor. I use the extra buttons on my G502 for voulume control. But let me ask you a question, why do you need a gaming mouse? What games? 

wrong

 

MMO players require many buttons

MOBA players require light mice with great main buttons

And many other genres benefit of a great sensor

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, LukaP said:

I dont play fps'. I like high sensitivity, because it allows me faster access to every tool when i do cad work. The amount of stuff there is too much for keyboard shortcuts. 

As far as the G502 goes, its 80€ here. now if someone were to give me 30€, id buy it immediately. this way, im a bit reserved to throw that much money into a mouse :/

Most gaming mouse are focused on FPS games. The other part is MOBA, such as LoL of Dota 2. CSGO is fun, it challenges your brain to make decisions :P

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, HydraGaming said:

So many things about this post is wrong

 

1. Lower DPI usually comes with jitter which is not desired. Lower sensitivity however makes small movements easier to pull of with great precision.

2. Logitech *mice* are not always good for gaming since not all games require the same features, many people including me find the G502 to heavy and Logitech's business line of cheap wireless mice are terrible for gaming. 

You've made a misconception. Lower dpi does improve accuracy. I don't know if you've played any competitive games, but I heavily doubt so. Most CSGO pro players use 400dpi.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP

Alright, i guess ill splash out on the G502, and not eat for a month or something xD


"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN


Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps


G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, AyyLmfao said:

You've made a misconception. Lower dpi does improve accuracy. I don't know if you've played any competitive games, but I heavily doubt so. Most CSGO pro players use 400dpi.

I do actually play csgo and the reason pro players use 400dpi isnt because of improved accuracy but lower input lag.

lower DPI does introduce jitter and its well documented

Link to post
Share on other sites

Kiro, good choice but the others are better. The kiro is heavy and its main selling point is the unique ambi button solution.

 

G302, good mouse but i would suggest you see if you can find the g303 as it's a straight upgrade with a better sensor and mouse feet on the sides so it doesn't wobble as easily.

 

XM300, great option but some build quality issues does make it a hard recommend if you want it to last 2 years +.

 

If you give me your handsize and gripstyle i can find a few more recommendations that should fit like a glove.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, HydraGaming said:

Kiro, good choice but the others are better. The kiro is heavy and its main selling point is the unique ambi button solution.

 

G302, good mouse but i would suggest you see if you can find the g303 as it's a straight upgrade with a better sensor and mouse feet on the sides so it doesn't wobble as easily.

 

XM300, great option but some build quality issues does make it a hard recommend if you want it to last 2 years +.

 

If you give me your handsize and gripstyle i can find a few more recommendations that should fit like a glove.

Mid/Large hands and palm grip ^^


"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN


Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps


G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, HydraGaming said:

So many things about this post is wrong

 

1. Lower DPI usually comes with jitter which is not desired. Lower sensitivity however makes small movements easier to pull of with great precision.

2. Logitech *mice* are not always good for gaming since not all games require the same features, many people including me find the G502 to heavy and Logitech's business line of cheap wireless mice are terrible for gaming. 

1. Firstly if you get a cheap 'gaming mouse' with low DPI, of course it will come with jitters (Due to the fact it's slow and noticeable with a cheap sensor)...

2. Secondly see how I had (G502/*) next to Logitech, their home range isn't made for gaming and I'm sure everyone knows that.


Might add this later...

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, HydraGaming said:

So back to you now @LukaP, have you had any previous mice which shape you liked a lot?

i had the Kova+ from Roccat, i really enjoyed the shape, but did miss the side scrolling and a few more buttons i had on my previous logitech mouse (i dont remember the name)

also i reccomend you ignore the circlejerk and it will go away


"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN


Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps


G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LukaP said:

i had the Kova+ from Roccat, i really enjoyed the shape, but did miss the side scrolling and a few more buttons i had on my previous logitech mouse (i dont remember the name)

also i reccomend you ignore the circlejerk and it will go away

Ill deal with them later, i can't have people running around on this forum spreading misinformation,

 

The Rival 300 could be a good option, good sensor and decent weight. It has a big butt but the grip width is similar to a medium size mouse (5,5 cm). Cons would be the rubber coat they used on the black model, a lot of people dislike it for feeling like a black board. The grey model uses normal hard plastic and the white model uses glossy plastic.

 

The Mionix Castor has received a lot of praise but the thumb groove is very deep and some people don't like that. Would suggest you read this review if you are intrested in that mouse: http://www.overclock.net/t/1571087/mionix-castor-gaming-mouse-review-by-ino 

 

The Logitech G303 is an excellent mouse but the awkward shape is a big barrier to entry. Some people learn to use it and some return it back to the store and it's basically impossible to palm grip in my experience.

 

 

I noted that the Kova+ you previously used had a very low hump, i would suggest you take a look into the Avior 7000 by Mionix since that uses a very low hump too. Just note it has buttons on both sides and a lot of people have said they are in the way (most of them seem to have big hands) while some say they are not (most of them seem to have smaller hands).

 

Cougar have also launched a few interesting mice in various price points. The top model 550m (similar shape to deathadder), the step down 450m (fairly low hump but is also a smaller mouse). I would mostly look at the 550m but it may be outside your price range.

 

And how are zowie prices in your country? They offer some great mice in various sizes and shapes. FK1 to FK2 (same shape with very low hump but mostly recommended for fingertip grip) and EC1-A to EC2-A (deathadder style shape which is loved by many but hump is fairly big) and lastly the ZA11 to ZA13 which is very similar to FK series but very big hump which is more to the back (should suit palm grip).

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HydraGaming said:

G302, good mouse but i would suggest you see if you can find the g303 as it's a straight upgrade with a better sensor and mouse feet on the sides so it doesn't wobble as easily.

Came here to say this.  The G303 is a worthy update to the G302, and it does more under the hood rather than RGB lighting.  I've own the G303 for about three months and I can recommend it, though this is coming from a guy that plays FPSs primarily.

 

@LukaP Now, for RPGs and MOBAs, as much as I'd like to recommend a G600/Naga (reg or Hex) for the programmable buttons (obviously), but I don't know if that's out of your budget.  I'd look it up for you, though I don't know where you're located.


[witty signature]

Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright, i have made an attempt at cleaning up this thread

somewhat. Bantering, name calling and off topic discussion

has no place here. So let's try and keep this on-topic from 

now on. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Newegg

×