Twitch Troll Loses $50,000 - PayPal Refuses A Refund

NovusBal

Judge: "I find the defendant guilty and payment of $50,000 must be made to the entitled party"

Kid: "Chill dude, chill! It was just a prank man, it was just a prank!" 

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

I hate paypal but glad they did this. 

I'll not go into detail as to why I hate paypal however.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

• 2 weeks later...

Just saying, he says on his twitter that he have only tried to chargeback one of the streamers he donated to and not all of them, dont know if thats true or not.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

32 minutes ago, Mihle Gaming said:

Just saying, he says on his twitter that he have only tried to chargeback one of the streamers he donated to and not all of them, dont know if thats true or not.

I seriously doubt it considering we're talking about $50,000, unless he donated that $50,000 to one streamer

4 minutes ago, biggiebody said:

I seriously doubt it considering we're talking about $50,000, unless he donated that $50,000 to one streamer

he did not donate 50 000 to one streamer, that we know.

but if what he says himself are true, he did not loose 50 000.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 

-Stephen Hawking

i wish you could just disable creditcards in paypal.

you would have to put funds on your paypal first, gift it and you cant refund gifts.

if you buy something you could still refund it through paypal, which will 99% work.

if you really made an error, like adding a 0, you can ask the streamer and most will send it back.

thats why most streamers keep the money for atleast a month in the paypal account.

18 minutes ago, Mihle Gaming said:

he did not donate 50 000 to one streamer, that we know.

but if what he says himself are true, he did not loose 50 000.

Well he didn't "lose" any money. Since, you know, he voluntarily donated that $50,000 to various streamers.

He did not get any of it back though, when he attempted to chargeback the fees. I do not know if he tried to charge them all back or just one, but even if it was just one, he likely didn't bother with the rest of his plan after the first part failed.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

2 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

Well he didn't "lose" any money. Since, you know, he voluntarily donated that $50,000 to various streamers.

He did not get any of it back though, when he attempted to chargeback the fees. I do not know if he tried to charge them all back or just one, but even if it was just one, he likely didn't bother with the rest of his plan after the first part failed.

dont know how paypal works, but if the case is that the streamers get notification on charge back even if it fails, he did not charge back on many of them.

EDIT: yes thats the case, if someone use chargeback, but it fails, the one that got the money will have the money as "charge back pending" for a while.

And after what I have seen, that has only happened to the cash sodapoppin got.

-Stephen Hawking

On 6/5/2016 at 0:03 PM, Ryan_Vickers said:

So he was making huge donations just to reverse them and leave the person he was donating to with the bill for the refund?  And now he's being forced to actually pay what he donated.  Sounds like justice to me.

Agreed. Only an ass would do this and they deserve the punishment.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |