Twitch Troll Loses $50,000 - PayPal Refuses A Refund

NovusBal
Just now, Derangel said:

Nope. Not being vindictive about it. I simply believe in personal responsibility, common sense, and not being a douche/intentionally trying to harm others.

Which is why I said he is not excused because of the chargeback fees.. otherwise it would not seriously harm the streamers.

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

1 minute ago, thekeemo said:

Which is why I said he is not excused because of the chargeback fees.. otherwise it would not seriously harm the streamers.

And, as I said, even if the fees weren't there he would still deserve what he got. Ignoring the fees, these streamers earn their living from donations and Twitch subs. So by doing that he's still depriving them of money, potentially money they could be counting on/need.

Just now, Derangel said:

And, as I said, even if the fees weren't there he would still deserve what he got. Ignoring the fees, these streamers earn their living from donations and Twitch subs. So by doing that he's still depriving them of money, potentially money they could be counting on/need.

He isnt taking money away from them. That money would not have been donated in the first place.

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

I think the idea here can be generalized a bit: it doesn't matter who is paying/donating money, or to who, or through what means (credit card, paypal, etc.); the point stands that if you make a payment with the intention of refunding it form the very start you should no longer be eligible for the refund, plain and simple.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

5 minutes ago, thekeemo said:

He isnt taking money away from them. That money would not have been donated in the first place.

Which would have been better than what he attempted to do. By requesting a refund he was attempting to take money from them. The what if scenario in which he never donated doesn't exist.

2 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I think the idea here can be generalized a bit: it doesn't matter who is paying/donating money, or to who, or through what means (credit card, paypal, etc.); the point stands that if you make a payment with the intention of refunding it form the very start you should no longer be eligible for the refund, plain and simple.

what if you bought multiple things to choose from?

2 minutes ago, thekeemo said:

what if you bought multiple things to choose from?

That doesn't sound like a nice thing to do either.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

That doesn't sound like a nice thing to do either.

Two headsets.

No stores locally.

Will buy one out of the two.

How else will you choose 100% accurately?

Good, serves him right :) I do not see why this should be allowed as let's say someone donated an ass ton of money (maybe a million dollars, could happen as I'm sure they wouldn't miss that 1 million for a month) and the chargeback fees were like 5%, that would be $50,000 of fees which is...a lot...this is more than what some people earn in a year so they could go into debt from this...

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

Two headsets.

No stores locally.

Will buy one out of the two.

How else will you choose 100% accurately?

That's still different.  You're buying it on the premise that you will keep it if it lives up to your expectations.  You're not just buying it for the sole purpose of returning it later just to inconvenience the store.  It's not like this twitch guy was "sampling the market" to see who he really wanted to donate to, and was going to refund all but 1 payment.

Just now, Ryan_Vickers said:

That's still different.  You're buying it on the premise that you will keep it if it lives up to your expectations.  You're not just buying it for the sole purpose of returning it later just to inconvenience the store.  It's not like this twitch guy was "sampling the market" to see who he really wanted to donate to, and was going to refund all but 1 payment.

I agree for sure. The scenario you gave didnt allow for that however.

I agree for sure. The scenario you gave didnt allow for that however.

Perhaps not, depending on how you read it.  I meant to be very specific with my wording, and I thought I did a good job but maybe not :P

Another dumb kid that grew up without knowing the value of money.... Hope he at least get slapped around by his parents for doing this kind of sh*t. (highly unlikely though, considering his attitude)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

It's nice to see these spoiled brats get what they deserve. I know a few people that spend way too much money on stuff but they aren't as bad as this guy. Seems like a guy with no life and too much money. Probably already doing all sorts of illegal stuff. I don't have any sympathy to someone who tries to get random people to lose thousands of dollars just so you can laugh at them. The only thing is he's probably such a spoiled brat that his parents are just gonna give him money to make up for it. I hate those sorts of people and honestly don't give a crap as to what happens to them.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

should add, this is the very reason why the n3rdfusion folks (and pretty much any oother livestreamer) are keen on having each donation pop up on the screen: from the moment it pops up on stream, they have evidence the guy got everything he paid for, and thus will ALWAYS lose a chargeback case.

It's nice to see that sometimes bad things happen to rich people, the douche deserves it. 

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

1 hour ago, DXMember said:

18 year old from a wealthy family

Yeah then nevermind. Still feel bad though unless they are millionaires.

Not for the douchebag kid though, just for the parent that is paying it.

New to the forum! Treat me well please :3 as I am a noob

2 hours ago, thekeemo said:

I cant help but feel sorry for him. Those of you that are happy with the outcome are seeking vengeance not rehabilitation. Faking not allowing him to withdraw is more than enough to teach him a lesson. (if the chrageback fees werent a thing)

Streamers deal with many chargebacks, they don't say but they will not accept a charge back and fight it unless concrete proof is given to show it was stolen.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

1 minute ago, DarkBlade2117 said:

Streamers deal with many chargebacks, they don't say but they will not accept a charge back and fight it unless concrete proof is given to show it was stolen.

uh ok?

Haha, rekt! Terrible to see people playing with money like that. Shitty kid, even worse parenting.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

This prick seems to be Australian. Wouldn't be surprised if he lives in Mosman :P

I gotta feel happy for the streamer though. Easiest $50,000 ever.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

4 hours ago, thekeemo said:

I cant help but feel sorry for him. Those of you that are happy with the outcome are seeking vengeance not rehabilitation. Faking not allowing him to withdraw is more than enough to teach him a lesson. (if the chrageback fees werent a thing)

You can't pussy foot around with some thing like this, i would have stripped his head along with the neck from his torso.

let us all remember now and today, computers do not like abuse, they will fight back!

Old Skool KILLBOX. XEON E5640 4.0ghz / ASUS P6X58D-E ~ Noctua NH-L12 ~ eVGA GTX 670 SC 2GB 1312/7000 ~ 4TB 7200 RPM RAID0 ~ CoolerMaster Haf 922 ~ DELL P214H 23" 1080 IPS 2ms ~ HP w2007v 1680x1050. Now Playing: Splinter Cell OG XBOX / CSGO PC

Original XBOX - Xecuter 2 4981.67 Bios. Playstation 2 Slim SCPH-70002. Sega Dreamcast. N64

2 minutes ago, HKZeroFive said:

This prick seems to be Australian. Wouldn't be surprised if he lives in Mosman :P

I gotta feel happy for the streamer though. Easiest $50,000 ever.

streamers

that money was split up between many

I don't understand why chargeback fees are on the streamers and not on the donator to begin with.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.