General question about liquid cooling

Go to solution Solved by agent114,
18 hours ago, Mrtrickzter said:

wanting to have a silent experience anyway xD so yeah, i'll stick with 240/280. thanks alot guys

if you want to have silence it is actually better to have as much rad space as possible because you can turn down the fans rally low and get the same performance 

so I have been wondering; I plan to upgrade my cooler master 212 evo soon to AIO liquid cooling (size 240mm or above). Gonna place it on the top (I am using define r5 case) and make a pull configuration  to cool down my core i5 6600k. One question that I have been think is, will the air that pull out will also pull away the air that has been exhaust by my gigabyte gaming g1 980 ti? I thought that doing liquid cooling will do a much better not only on my cpu, but also help pull always the hot air inside my case. Thanks alot, looking forward to hear you guys thought.

Note: I only do overclock until I got AIO liquid cooling. For now, I'm just gonna stick with stock

2 minutes ago, Mrtrickzter said:

so I have been wondering; I plan to upgrade my cooler master 212 evo soon to AIO liquid cooling (size 240mm or above). Gonna place it on the top (I am using define r5 case) and make a pull configuration  to cool down my core i5 6600k. One question that I have been think is, will the air that pull out will also pull away the air that has been exhaust by my gigabyte gaming g1 980 ti? I thought that doing liquid cooling will do a much better not only on my cpu, but also help pull always the hot air inside my case. Thanks alot, looking forward to hear you guys thought.

Note: I only do overclock until I got AIO liquid cooling. For now, I'm just gonna stick with stock

Well since that is an open air style cooler on the GPU it will exhaust the heat into the case and the AIO if it's pulling air out will also be removing some of that heat. 

if you put the rad as exhaust it will remove heat from the case and still cool your CPU, but if not it can increase case temps a bit but probably not as much as a normal air cooler.

hope this helps

8 hours ago, W-L said:

Well since that is an open air style cooler on the GPU it will exhaust the heat into the case and the AIO if it's pulling air out will also be removing some of that heat. 

8 hours ago, agent114 said:

if you put the rad as exhaust it will remove heat from the case and still cool your CPU, but if not it can increase case temps a bit but probably not as much as a normal air cooler.

hope this helps

appreciated you guys thoughts. Will 240mm rads enough? Many people had a feeling that 360mm or 420mm might be a bit overkill.

6 minutes ago, Mrtrickzter said:

appreciated you guys thoughts. Will 240mm rads enough? Many people had a feeling that 360mm or 420mm might be a bit overkill.

For a CPU AIO yes a 240mm is very capable at cooling a 6600K even with moderately high overclocks. You wouldn't really need a 360mm or more unless you got an expandable AIO or when custom to also include your GPU in that loop.

4 hours ago, Mrtrickzter said:

240 or 280 is more than enough for a single 6600k.

7800x3d - RTX 4090 FE - 64GB-6000C30 - 2x2TB 990 Pro - 4K 144HZ

PCPP: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/mdRcqR

As already been said by W-L and iiNNeX, a 240/280 would be fine.

Still, if you want silence a 360 might be good option as you can lower the fan speed and get the same performance like a 240280 rad. 

CPU: i7-12700KF Grill Plate Edition // MOBO: Asus Z690-PLUS WIFI D4 // RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200MHz CL14 

GPU: MSI GTX 1080 FE // PSU: Corsair RM750i // CASE: Thermaltake Core X71 // BOOT: Samsung Evo 960 500GB

STORAGE: WD PC SN530 512GB + Samsung Evo 860 500GB // COOLING: Full custom loop // DISPLAY: LG 34UC89G-B

10 hours ago, Mrtrickzter said:

240 is enough for just a CPU 

13 hours ago, iiNNeX said:

240 or 280 is more than enough for a single 6600k.

7 hours ago, agent114 said:

240 is enough for just a CPU 

13 hours ago, Limecat86 said:

As already been said by W-L and iiNNeX, a 240/280 would be fine.

Still, if you want silence a 360 might be good option as you can lower the fan speed and get the same performance like a 240280 rad. 

wanting to have a silent experience anyway xD so yeah, i'll stick with 240/280. thanks alot guys

18 hours ago, Mrtrickzter said:

if you want to have silence it is actually better to have as much rad space as possible because you can turn down the fans rally low and get the same performance