Help please

I have a titan x sli. but my cpu is kinda sh** I want to run gta 5 in 4k. current processor is an i5 4960k. 

My budget for a processor is around £400 no more than £500

That isn't necessarily a bad chip tbh. You may be looking at a 4790k if you want to upgrade while still keeping the same socket type.

Nothing.

2 hours ago, Mrjenson said:

I have a titan x sli. but my cpu is kinda sh** I want to run gta 5 in 4k. current processor is an i5 4960k. 

My budget for a processor is around £400 no more than £500

If you can buy a 5820K... (or 6800K)

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

3 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

If you can buy a 5820K... (or 6800K)

that would mean replacing mobo and ram as well. 500£ wont do

@OP your best course of action is either getting a 4790k, or saving up a bit, and going for the 5820k, but im almost certain it wont provide a tangible benefit over a 4790k. Or you could first overclock your i5, if its at stock

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

6 hours ago, Mrjenson said:

Is that an i7-4960K or an i5-4690K?

GTA V does require a good CPU, but when you get into the upper end of i5/i7 CPUs the difference is quite small - just a few fps. GTA 5 should run fine on your current setup.

A sieve may not hold water, but it will hold another sieve.

i5-6600, 16Gigs, ITX Corsair 250D, R9 390, 120Gig M.2 boot, 500Gig SATA SSD, no HDD

4 hours ago, Quaker said:

Is that an i7-4960K or an i5-4690K?

GTA V does require a good CPU, but when you get into the upper end of i5/i7 CPUs the difference is quite small - just a few fps. GTA 5 should run fine on your current setup.

It doesn't even get 35fps at 4k on ultra.... my only thoughts is that it must be the processor?

9 hours ago, LukaP said:

that would mean replacing mobo and ram as well. 500£ wont do

@OP your best course of action is either getting a 4790k, or saving up a bit, and going for the 5820k, but im almost certain it wont provide a tangible benefit over a 4790k. Or you could first overclock your i5, if its at stock

That processor is £300 I have around £500 budget. maybe you confused the £ gbp with usd? 

10 hours ago, Mrjenson said:

That processor is £300 I have around £500 budget. maybe you confused the £ gbp with usd? 

no, but if you buy the 5820k, you have 200£ left. you need to buy a motherboard and RAM for it. no way to fit that in...

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]