Razer Blade Stealth worth it?

Go to solution Solved by Dackzy,
1 minute ago, krkevin said:

Yes, I do. It's near impossible to have that much power in a slim body, and not be hot at the same time. I won't be bothered by heat, since I rarely play graphic intensive games. The most I'll play is either CS:Go, and maybe other games if I can afford them.

It will get really hot under CSGO, but fair enough if you want to get it :) 

Razer Blade Stealth is the ultimate ultrabook, and an ultrabook is what I want to start with. Currently, my Dell Inspirion 5447 "lags" even with the most basic tasks, so I plan on selling it for around $600, since I bought it for $699 and it's "like new". The stealth is $1349.99, which is extremely affordable for such a laptop. What the problem is, is the bezels. Although I will get used to it, and the back-lighting is amazing, I'm used to thin bezels. There are other minor problems such as the up and down keys are smaller, but I can get used to it pretty quickly. What I want is a ultrabook with NO compromise. My second choice was the HP Spectre notebook, but it had only USB Type 3 ports, and on the back too. The design's great, but ports on the back? Doesn't make sense, but still, having such power in such a thin body, seems cool.

Razer core is also nice too, if I can afford it.

So, is it worth it with my budget of $1500 MAX?

-Kevin-

24 minutes ago, mikat said:

depends on if you really need such a thin and light laptop, there are better options out there but they are not as thin and light

Yep, I want portability more than power, guess this is the laptop for me. Thanks.

-Kevin-

19 minutes ago, krkevin said:

Yep, I want portability more than power, guess this is the laptop for me. Thanks.

If that's the case, why not actually pick up a decent laptop?

5 minutes ago, Ho0pz4sho said:

If that's the case, why not actually pick up a decent laptop?

Mainly because of the core, and I do want a entry level gaming laptop, although the stealth is meant to be a ultrabook rather than a gaming laptop. I like sleek design, but if it has compromise like one stupid usb-type c port that nothing ever uses right now, then it's almost useless to me.

-Kevin-

sorry, but why not consider dell xps 13/15 ?

edit: they have a type-c port, generally decent specs and I'm not sure if anybody has a thinner bezel...

1 minute ago, Simplicius said:

sorry, but why not consider dell xps 13/15 ?

Well, I just don't trust Dell. Sharp basically made the bezel-less display, not Dell.

-Kevin-

23 minutes ago, krkevin said:

Mainly because of the core, and I do want a entry level gaming laptop, although the stealth is meant to be a ultrabook rather than a gaming laptop. I like sleek design, but if it has compromise like one stupid usb-type c port that nothing ever uses right now, then it's almost useless to me.

I tagged you in a different post, where D2ultima pretty much explains why Thunderbolt graphics are a waste of time and money. :)

1 minute ago, Ho0pz4sho said:

I tagged you in a different post, where D2ultima pretty much explains why Thunderbolt graphics are a waste of time and money. :)

Is it because they can only go up to 40 GB per second?

-Kevin-

3 minutes ago, krkevin said:

Is it because they can only go up to 40 GB per second?

Just read it. ;) 

You do know that it has thermal throttling right? And Razer have no quality control on their laptops, and they are not that well put together.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

24 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

You do know that it has thermal throttling right? And Razer have no quality control on their laptops, and they are not that well put together.

Yes, I do. It's near impossible to have that much power in a slim body, and not be hot at the same time. I won't be bothered by heat, since I rarely play graphic intensive games. The most I'll play is either CS:Go, and maybe other games if I can afford them.

-Kevin-

1 minute ago, krkevin said:

It will get really hot under CSGO, but fair enough if you want to get it :) 

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.