Asus Sabertooth 990FX

MSI GTX 660 ti 2GB

Corsair H100i

G.Skill Ripjaw 1x8 GB 1333

1TB Seagate Barracuda

Coolermaster 600w eXtreme PSU

NZXT Source 210 Elite

Windows 7 Home Premium

Planning on upgrading RAM later for bigger after effects projects. Runs most of my games on high settings (not very high) with 40+ FPS. Overall, the hardware was about $800 plus some for Windows and Monitor. A huge upgrade coming from a Macbook Pro. Kind of regretting the 660 ti and wishing I would have gone with a 670 but overall its a good machine. Maybe when Nvidia or AMD makes a big advancement (mostly looking at Nvidia right now) I'll buy a better card but very happy with the machine.

I personally would have went with an intel processor and with a cheaper cpu cooler like a hyper 212+, and im sure it would have came down to almost the same price.

Very nice build!

In response to Paul above, the 4170 is quite fast, it just runs very hot. His investment in an H100i was probably a good thing.

The fact of the matter is, the 3570K is always going to draw less power and run cooler than the 4170. But it isn't that much better in terms of performance.

The FX 4170 with a H100i in tow will be able to be overclocked to performance levels greater than the 3570K with a Hyper 212+, and that motherboard will definitely get it there.

Plus he can always upgrade his CPU to something like an 8350 for only $200 with a performance level similar to the 3770K.

carn't wait to see the finished product good luck!

| Contact Information |
My Teamspeak : Austs1.gameservers.com:9334  |  Steam: Iamtictac456  |  My other aliases include Scruffy and Scruffy Biggems :)