OnePlus 3 Launch Info

aj101202

OnePlus just dropped some info about the launch of the new OnePlus 3

Good News they are scrapping the invite system!!

and it releases on the 14th of June.

"Get ready for the OnePlus 3! Our next flagship will officially be released on June 14. We’re also excited to announce that we’re saying goodbye to invites forever. So get in the Loop and experience the OnePlus 3 launch in VR on June 14. During the first two hours of the launch, our new flagship will be available exclusively in the Loop"

Source link https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/lets-talk-about-invites.448254/

My PC specs are CPU: 6700k @4.7Ghz Ram: 16GB Corsair RGB Pro GPU: RTX 2070  PSU: RM650 CPU cooler: corsair H150 Case: corsair Motherboard: ASUS Z270 Pro SSD: 1tb Samsung 970 EVOand SK Hynix 1TB

I thought this was a repost, but I guess I am wrong!

Saw this a few days ago. Definitely good though that they are FINALLY getting rid of the invite system!

It was probably necessary for the One, but I think it was unnecessary for the 2. At least they realized that with the 3!

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

I hope they scrap the finger print sensor this time around but I doubt it.

Smile and wave boys, smile and wave...

Foxy(Main Rig): CPU: i7 4790k GPU: 2x Reference GTX 980's RAM: HyperX 4x4GB 

PSU: Corsair CX 750W Mobo: ASUS Z97-A Pro Case: Bitfenix Shinobi (Black & Gold)

1 minute ago, M4st4M1nd said:

doubt that could happen. people almost embrace the fingerprint sensor in 2016, and soon it could replace things like passcodes and passwords. its usually more secure, since its unique to everybody. doubt ditching it would be a good idea, especially since basically every flagship has one.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

So.... what can we expect? Another "flagship" which in reality is high end specs paired with a compromised experience? 

39 minutes ago, terrytek said:

doubt that could happen. people almost embrace the fingerprint sensor in 2016, and soon it could replace things like passcodes and passwords. its usually more secure, since its unique to everybody. doubt ditching it would be a good idea, especially since basically every flagship has one.

It's more secure.....except in legal cases. You can (legally) be forced to unlock a device with a fingerprint, but you can't be forced to enter/divulge your password. Stupid, yes, and likely to change at some point in the future. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Finger print sensor is here to stay and will trickle down to cheaper phones as well. It's too convenient for users, so the demand will only increase meaning smartphone makers will comply.

But we still have the inherent issues of using biometric data for both identification and authentication. That's a security problem. However, it's getting a bit off-topic.

I've heard OnePlus will sell 1000 devices early (June 6th) in China but maybe that's a baseless rumor. Seems a bit backwards to sell devices before the actual reveal.

In any case: I think OnePlus 3 will be somewhat disappointing. Lots of hype and the 2 was an odd device with issues and compromises that couldn't live up to the 1. They'll probably fix a lot of things that were wrong with previous devices and will probably be a decent device but I think ultimately not impressive.

1 hour ago, djdwosk97 said:

It's more secure.....except in legal cases. You can (legally) be forced to unlock a device with a fingerprint, but you can't be forced to enter/divulge your password. Stupid, yes, and likely to change at some point in the future. 

But can they force you to use the correct finger? 

4 hours ago, terrytek said:

More secure my ass. Its like a password that you leave whenever you touch anything...

Smile and wave boys, smile and wave...

Foxy(Main Rig): CPU: i7 4790k GPU: 2x Reference GTX 980's RAM: HyperX 4x4GB 

PSU: Corsair CX 750W Mobo: ASUS Z97-A Pro Case: Bitfenix Shinobi (Black & Gold)

1 hour ago, M4st4M1nd said:

More secure my ass. Its like a password that you leave whenever you touch anything...

There's hardly any other way you could have better security at the moment without losing some convenience, which you can't lose or people will go back to connect the dots or no lock.

I had a OnePlus 2 and was massively underwhelmed... I sold it after a few days.  

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

Phone looks great, but seems...too typical. I was hoping for a little more from it. At least a larger battery. Using an Exynos processor would have been nice.
They'd better make it cheap, since it really has no innovations or advances at all.

11 hours ago, M4st4M1nd said:

I love the fingerprint sensor. No idea why you'd want to get rid of it.

11 hours ago, djdwosk97 said:

Not quite sure if that's true. When crossing international boundaries, for example, they can force you to unlock your device, password or sensor.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

9 hours ago, dizmo said:

Phone looks great, but seems...too typical. I was hoping for a little more from it. At least a larger battery. Using an Exynos processor would have been nice.
They'd better make it cheap, since it really has no innovations or advances at all.

I love the fingerprint sensor. No idea why you'd want to get rid of it.

Not quite sure if that's true. When crossing international boundaries, for example, they can force you to unlock your device, password or sensor.

It's true in the US anyway thanks to the fifth amendment. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

If they fix their support they might actually be an interesting player... this way, for a european, the best cheap phone right now is the iPhone SE...

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

25 minutes ago, LukaP said:

If they fix their support they might actually be an interesting player... this way, for a european, the best cheap phone right now is the iPhone SE...

Considering, at least here, that it costs between LG G4 and G5, with being closer to G5, I'm not sure how that is cheap. I'm more than sure prices are not that much different elsewhere.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

1 minute ago, Bouzoo said:

Considering, at least here, that it costs between LG G4 and G5, with being closer to G5, I'm not sure how that is cheap.

Croatia doesnt count :P here its 450€, as is the G4, everything remotely new is 700 or up.

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

On 6/3/2016 at 0:04 PM, djdwosk97 said:

why though? it's basically the same thing!

20 hours ago, LukaP said:

no love for LG Nexus 5x (16 gb 258 euros, 32 gb 314 euros) or iPhone 5S? (16 gb 300 euros, 32 gb 409 euros)

2 minutes ago, LukaP said:

Croatia doesnt count :P here its 450€, as is the G4, everything remotely new is 700 or up.

Oh you little... :P It's been proven once again that it's cheaper for me to travel to Ljubljana, buy something, spend a day there, not being to careful on money, get back home and look, Id have more money then I would if I bought the damned thing here. :| 

3 minutes ago, mikat said:

why though? it's basically the same thing!

Because fingerprint is something you have physically and password is something that only exists inside your head

1 minute ago, mikat said:

no love for LG Nexus 5x (16 gb 258 euros, 32 gb 314 euros) or iPhone 5S? (16 gb 300 euros, 32 gb 409 euros)

The 5S is slow, and has a shitty camera, and the nexus here is also around 500€ (+-) and is not as pretty (subjective)

@Bouzoo when you do, feel free to drop me a pm, and we can grab a beer/tea/hooker

Really hope they're using an OLED screen on there like with the OnePlus X...

Some specs:

• 5.5in full-HD (1920x1080 screen)
  • 2.15GHz quad-core Snapdragon 820 processor
  • 4GB of RAM
  • 64GB of storage
  • 16Mp rear- and 8Mp front cameras
  • NFC
  • 3000mAh battery.

Source

6 minutes ago, LukaP said:

@Bouzoo when you do, feel free to drop me a pm, and we can grab a beer/tea/hooker

I will sure. Been years since I was there. I might stop by soon (as in months). 

1 minute ago, Bouzoo said:

I will sure. Been years since I was there. I might stop by soon (as in months). 

Nice. where in croatia are you from. i might be going on a roadtrip over half of it next month xD