ASUS P9X79-E WS - where to buy

LinusTech

NCIX: http://bit.ly/1fPkCD5
Amazon: http://geni.us/iITpDE7

The P9X79-E WS is probably the sexiest board in the world to me. Unlike dual socket boards, it can overclock, and unlike most consumer boards it can run Xeons and ECC memory. It also goes through extensive validation with professional-grade hardware such as Red Rocket accelerators, RAID cards, exotic network cards, and all kinds of other fun toys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jpxv3NR4tN8

NCIX: http://bit.ly/1fPkCD5
Amazon: http://amzn.to/16yasW9

The P9X79-E WS is probably the sexiest board in the world to me. Unlike dual socket boards, it can overclock, and unlike most consumer boards it can run Xeons and ECC memory. It also goes through extensive validation with professional-grade hardware such as Red Rocket accelerators, RAID cards, exotic network cards, and all kinds of other fun toys.

Is it intentionally supposed to be unlisted?

10 minutes late and I'm first to post?

Jesus step it up guys.

Is it intentionally supposed to be unlisted?

*shakes fist*

Error: 410

10 minutes late and I'm first to post?

Jesus step it up guys.

this fking guy

Get on my level. Though I didn't post the " Haha no first " on the video. ):

NCIX: http://bit.ly/1fPkCD5

Amazon: http://amzn.to/16yasW9

after the video u make with this board will u be putting this in your personal rig? if so will u be upgrading to ivy bridge-e or sticking with sandy bridge-e?

after the video u make with this board will u be putting this in your personal rig? if so will u be upgrading to ivy bridge-e or sticking with sandy bridge-e?

Yes I will be upgrading my board this this one.

I will likely stick with my 3970X. It's much easier for me to justify scooping up old hardware that we don't still need for benchmarking purposes.

I will likely stick with my 3970X. It's much easier for me to justify scooping up old hardware that we don't still need for benchmarking purposes.

How much of the hardware do you actually get to keep that you review? Something that has always plagued my mind lol

i5 4670k | Sapphire 7950 | Kingston 120GB SSD | Seagate 1TB | G.Skill Ripjaw X Series 8GB

PB238Q | Steelseries Sensei | Ducky DK9087 | Qck Heavy

Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/44902-from-imac-to-my-own-creation/

Looks like a sick board and will be my choice for Haswell-E if there is a version for that. My Sabertooth X79 was rock solid and did everything that I needed and once the update for Ivy-E came out I was golden.

Man, thats one sexy board...

must.... not... buy, my rig upgrade has to wait until next year D:

Who is this board for? Probably someone who has the dough to get it.

It is a sexy board, but the price does tarish it's sexiness a little.

Who is this board for? Probably someone who has the dough to get it.

It is a sexy board, but the price does tarish it's sexiness a little.

as it says in the name WS its a workstation board but one for someone who still want to game and overclock and stuff. I could see someone sticking a Titan in there to get the extra compute power too

So does this mean a new personal rig update video is coming Mr. Linus?

AMD FX 8320@ Stock - Asus M5A99X Evo R2.0 - Kingston HyperX 8GB 1600Mhz - Corsair Carbide 200R - Powercolor Radeon HD 7950 PCS+OC@970Mhz core 1400Mhz memory - Corsair CS650W - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 
LG 22EA53VQ 21.5" - CM Storm Xornet - CM Storm Quickfire TK - Creative Inspire T3130 2.1

Very nice still rocking the 955BE though :P (depressed on the inside)

as it says in the name WS its a workstation board but one for someone who still want to game and overclock and stuff. I could see someone sticking a Titan in there to get the extra compute power too

I did :D

I've used it for a few different systems now, I never had any compatibility issues with exotic hardware, and it overclocks fantastic; I really love it. My only gripe is AI suite 2 which is kind of broken and gives completely wrong temperature readings sometimes (as in motherboard at -7 degrees) and overall kind of sucks.

Needs good color scheme  :)

Actually it's very neutral, it doesn't really conflict even with a red theme or similar

Motherboard buddies Linus?

CPU: Intel 3930K @ 4.6GHz || MOBO: Asus P9X79-E WS || GPU: 2x Nvidia GTX Titans || CASE: Fractal Design Define XL R2 || PSU: Corsair AX1200i

RAM: 32GB Dominator Platinum @ 2100 MHz || Storage: 240GB Samsung 840 Pro & 2TB Seagate Barracuda || Sound: Asus Xonar Essence STX

Peripherals: Samsung S27B970D - Asus PB23HQ - Logitech MX Revolution - Corsair K95 - Samson Meteor Mic - Logitech C920 - Bowers&Wilkins MM-1

Lol it is $850 here in Kiwi land.

FX8120 @ 5.0GHz | Sabertooth 990FX | Patriot Viper Xtreme 8GB @ 2133MHz | Powercolor HD7950 @ 1300/1800 | Bitfenix Shinobi XL Modded | Corsair AX850 | Mushkin 120GB & Seagate 2TB | Bitfenix Recon | 5X SP120 PE | 6X Yate Loon 120mm HS

Koolance 200 Res | 2X Koolance 360 Rads | Danger Den CPX Pro | EK 7950 Block | Koolance CPU Block | Bitspower & XSPC Fittings

Green Machine

Great board - think I have my choice for my rig now :)

I can give you a list of 'exotic / weird hardware' to populate the PCIe if you want...? ;) (As if by magic, it just happens to be the strange config I want to run lol)

Apple, Piss Off! ~ Linus 2014

No, you're not hallucinating, or maybe you are... either way, I'm back. ~ Linus 2015

I want it.

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

I really want one but unfortunately it would be very overkill for my needs, also do agree on the sexiness of the board though I really do like the MSI boards.

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Would this board be overkill for something like a file server with all the PCI-e slots populated with RAID cards?

$500 :o

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

-

CPU: i5 4430 PSU: XFX 550w Ram: 8gb Patriot Viper 1600mhz

Motherboard: MSI H87M-G43 Case: Fractal Design Define R4

SSD: 840 Evo 250gb, 512gb MX100 GPU: MSI GTX 980TI Gaming Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo

Are you redoing your pc with that board then since you really like it and mentioned problems with your current board?

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

ty

CPU: i5 4430 PSU: XFX 550w Ram: 8gb Patriot Viper 1600mhz

Motherboard: MSI H87M-G43 Case: Fractal Design Define R4

SSD: 840 Evo 250gb, 512gb MX100 GPU: MSI GTX 980TI Gaming Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo

Would this board be overkill for something like a file server with all the PCI-e slots populated with RAID cards?

I think so.