What is onboard graphics?

What is onboard graphics?Can i use that while using a Gpu with CrossfireX on it?

Answer both question Clearly pls, im not good at pc

1 minute ago, MitZ said:

What is onboard graphics?Can i use that while using a Gpu with CrossfireX on it?

Onboard Graphics is essentially a built in GPU onto the CPU. With AMD´s APUs, you can xfire certain cards with it.

Onboard graphics is a intergrated graphics chip in your cpu or motherboard. You can crossfire your integrated gpu with an AMD APU to a amd gpu. On intel side you can use it while using CrossfireX but its not going to give you more performance

Spoiler

CPU: i7-5820k @ 4.4GHz Motherboard: Asus X99 Strix  Graphics Card: Gigabyte 980Ti G1 Gaming Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury 24GB (3x 8GB) Hard Drive: 1TB WD Green SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 250GB CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Power Supply: EVGA G2 850W Case: Corsair 400c Mouse: Logitech G502 Keyboard: Asus Strix (mx reds)  Monitor: BenQ XL2730Z 1440p@144hz OS: Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit Laptops: Lenovo Y50-70: i7-4720HQ - 16GB RAM - 256GB SSD - GTX 960m 4GB - MacBook Pro (Early 2016) 2,0GHz i5 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD Phone: iPhone 7+

1 minute ago, Starelementpoke said:

Onboard Graphics is essentially a built in GPU onto the CPU. With AMD´s APUs, you can xfire certain cards with it.

Technically, that's integrated graphics. Onboard graphics refers to a GPU chip on a motherboard. Primarily found on server boards now. 

1 minute ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

Technically, that's integrated graphics. Onboard graphics refers to a GPU chip on a motherboard. Primarily found on server boards now. 

Eh, he asked for a simple answer. I gave him a simple answer. Figured bringing in as few other factors as possible would help.

its a gpu that either the cpu or the motherboard manufacturers placed inside it to allow the pc to show pictures on the monitor without the use of a dedicated graphics card. you can use the onboard graphics in an AMD APU with select AMD graphics cards, but most of the time its not feasible as it is alot more finicky than one graphics card. if your graphics card is incompatible with the APU's onboard graphics, or if you have intel graphics, then the onboard graphics and dedicated graphics card will not work with each other to give more fps.

Edited by herman mcpootis

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

Integrated Graphics can be on the CPU or the Motherboard, some motherboards have this, some CPUs have this... the only way to tell is to look at the specs of the motherboard or CPU that you want/have. But as others have said above it doesn't really help with gaming to try and run the iGPU with the discrete GPU, it can however help if you want to output to a second monitor/TV for monitoring your system or doing other stuff while using your discrete GPU for gaming or whatever.

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

10 minutes ago, MitZ said:

It's usually a built-in GPU from CPU manufacturer, like intel i5 and so on. It got nothing to do with your CF-ing 

DESKTOP PC :

CPU :RYZEN 5 2600/ GPU :MSI Ventus OC GTX 1660 Ti/ RAM :Team Elite 2x8/ PSU :Corsair CX650M/ HDD :Toshiba 2TB/ SSD :Adata XPG M.2 SATA 265GB/ COOLER :Be Quite 2x140mm / MOBO :Asus TUF B450 Gaming

LAPTOP :

CPU :i7-4710HQ/ GPU :GTX 860M/ RAM :8GB OEM/ HDD :1 TB 

PERIPHERALS :

MOUSE :LOGITECH G502/ HEADSET :HyperX Cloud Alpha/ KEYBOARD :Logitech G Pro 

POSSIBLE PC BUILD :

PC PART LINK

16 minutes ago, MitZ said:

on-board graphics is the graphics processing unit inside a processor, it is a processor and a graphics processor in one. you can use it with Xfire but it's advised to turn it off when you have a dedicated graphics card.

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz