AMD Computex 2016 - Polaris and Zen Revealed

2 hours ago, patrickjp93 said:

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

You provided a source that contradicted what you said, and the only thing you could muster in your defense was to say that they were still wrong anyways. Not very convincing.

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

9 hours ago, patrickjp93 said:

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

Considering that you're university student, I find it extremely concerning that you lack the basic skills needed to actually be a student.

1) Failure to provide evidence despite claiming to have evidence

2) Inability to admit errors

3) Unwilling to learn from aforementioned errors 

4) Arrogance (and unwarranted arrogance at that) 

There are probably more problems I've overlooked but I do have to question how you've supposedly spent years at university without learning basic skills and that none have showed you any better. They must be focusing all their attention on teaching the curriculum, which I assume you excel at, and ignore the rest. Horrifying. Considering the (probably) vast amounts of money they receive to provide education, they should at least do a decent job at developing and challenging minds instead of just filling it with information and hoping they know what to do with it.

Oh well. It's probably futile at this point. 

8 hours ago, patrickjp93 said:

Holy shit can you even be more arrogant?

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

34 minutes ago, patrickjp93 said:

That's hilarious coming from you.

Why? At least I can back up my claims with sources. You never have sources, and the few times you do, they don't back up your claims or outright disproves you.

When Daniel Baker, Co-Founder of Oxide Games and the creator of the Nitrous Engine says the NVidia drivers are rendering his engine wrong, there's nothing left to discuss.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

1 hour ago, patrickjp93 said:

1) Never underestimate the excess and stupidity humans are capable of.

2) Yes, because I'm not being arrogant. I'm just better than you.

now I'm being arrogant.

Better you say? Why? Because most of the time you don't provide a source? Or because even when you are cajoled into providing one it doesn't support your claims 99% of the time (as demonstrated again here)? Or are you better because you outright lie a good amount of the time, remember Jim Keller working for Intel? What about your constant arrogance in almost every post you make?

You aren't better than us Patrick, far from it.

Now feel free to not respond to anything in this post. Tell me instead about how you're buried under 20 hours of work a day everyday and can't respond to everyone, I'd love to hear about it yet again.

If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

1 hour ago, Notional said:

Why? At least I can back up my claims with sources. You never have sources, and the few times you do, they don't back up your claims or outright disproves you.

When Daniel Baker, Co-Founder of Oxide Games and the creator of the Nitrous Engine says the NVidia drivers are rendering his engine wrong, there's nothing left to discuss.

Co-Founder doesn't mean jack squat. Is he the lead programmer? Does not every big piece of software have bugs? Sorry but if that's your premise you already lose the argument.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

43 minutes ago, Daegun said:

Better you say? Why? Because most of the time you don't provide a source? Or because even when you are cajoled into providing one it doesn't support your claims 99% of the time (as demonstrated again here)? Or are you better because you outright lie a good amount of the time, remember Jim Keller working for Intel? What about your constant arrogance in almost every post you make?

You aren't better than us Patrick, far from it.

Now feel free to not respond to anything in this post. Tell me instead about how you're buried under 20 hours of work a day everyday and can't respond to everyone, I'd love to hear about it yet again.

I'm no longer buried. I just got back from Sweden singing with a professional choir and recording an album. I have plenty of free time to kick you novices' asses all day long for the next four days.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

2 hours ago, Prysin said:

@patrickjp93 isn't arrogant. He is just Patrick. He is his own definition

We are what we make of ourselves.

5 minutes ago, patrickjp93 said:

I'm no longer buried. I just got back from Sweden singing with a professional choir and recording an album. I have plenty of free time to kick you novices' asses all day long for the next four days.

If that's what you call kicking our asses, I'm really afraid to see what losing is.

2 minutes ago, Daegun said:

If that's what you call kicking our asses, I'm really afraid to see what losing is.

Reality is always stranger than our wildest fiction if we give it a chance.

44 minutes ago, patrickjp93 said:

Co-Founder doesn't mean jack squat. Is he the lead programmer? Does not every big piece of software have bugs? Sorry but if that's your premise you already lose the argument.

xDxD So your non existing source is valid, but the head honcho behind the company, that does the graphical stuff, who is the official front end of the company isn't? You're funny.

20 minutes ago, awesomeness10120 said:

Sorry to add fuel to the fire.

giphy.gif

Oh please do.. It's fun to watch Patrick setting fire to himself while claiming he's winning.

day_04___black_knight_by_cajunpyro.png

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

10 minutes ago, Notional said:

xDxD So your non existing source is valid, but the head honcho behind the company, that does the graphical stuff, who is the official front end of the company isn't? You're funny.

Oh please do.. It's fun to watch Patrick setting fire to himself while claiming he's winning.

He might actually be LTT's very own Charlie Sheen. Being wrong is now considered winning. The warlock has spoken. 

Well, either that or our very own Kanye West. Maybe the illegitimate love child of those two?

I just got back from Sweden singing with a professional choir and recording an album. 

Is probably the most surreal statement I've heard on a tech forum ever.

"I'm wrong but guess what? I just recorded an album". That's some next level rhetoric.

32 minutes ago, Notional said:

If Brian Kirzanich says the driver for the Xeon Phi is functioning perfectly, when he's not a programmer for it, would you seriously buy that at face value? Sorry, the wound belongs to you.

11 minutes ago, Trixanity said:

He might actually be LTT's very own Charlie Sheen. Being wrong is now considered winning. The warlock has spoken. 

Well, either that or our very own Kanye West. Maybe the illegitimate love child of those two?

Is probably the most surreal statement I've heard on a tech forum ever.

"I'm wrong but guess what? I just recorded an album". That's some next level rhetoric.

No, as that was in response to the comment about the amount of time I have. My obligations are done with for a while.

1 minute ago, patrickjp93 said:

No, as that was in response to the comment about the amount of time I have. My obligations are done with for a while.

Let's be honest here. You could have said "I just got back from a trip". You wanted to, no, HAD to say you were recording an album with a choir (or whatever) like it added some kind of legitimacy to this whole ordeal. Oh and that it further inflated that ego of yours. 

7 minutes ago, Trixanity said:

Let's be honest here. You could have said "I just got back from a trip". You wanted to, no, HAD to say you were recording an album with a choir (or whatever) like it added some kind of legitimacy to this whole ordeal. Oh and that it further inflated that ego of yours. 

People have asked me for relevant details before. I anticipated that.

This has devolved from a conversation about the actual products into generalizations of company policy, and now into nothing more than personal attacks.  If this doesn't get back on topic I'm afraid it will have to be locked.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

41 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

This has devolved from a conversation about the actual products into generalizations of company policy, and now into nothing more than personal attacks.  If this doesn't get back on topic I'm afraid it will have to be locked.

Cant you just delete the posts? This thread is my proudness

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

1 hour ago, Clanscorpia said:

Cant you just delete the posts? This thread is my proudness

PSA: The "ignore user" button is a fantastic tool. Please use it. Thank you. xD

The ignore user feature is useful for situations where moderation just doesn't cut it. Try it out! Please do, it's wonderful. ;)

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

On 2015-01-28 at 5:24 PM, Victorious Secret said:

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

On 2016-06-07 at 11:25 PM, patrickjp93 said:

On 2016-09-10 at 4:32 PM, Hikaru12 said:

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.

2 minutes ago, Shahnewaz said:

PSA: The "ignore user" button is a fantastic tool. Please use it. Thank you. xD

The ignore user feature is useful for situations where moderation just doesn't cut it. Try it out! Please do, it's wonderful. ;)

There's also a similar tool called "self control" that can be used in combination or instead of "ignore", and is pre-bundled with all humans :P  The more people who practice using that, the better it will be for everyone :D 

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.