AMD Computex 2016 - Polaris and Zen Revealed

Exhibit b

8 minutes ago, hex4 said:

Get new eyes, they looked exactly the same.

9 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

How could you tell. They weren't streaming at 4K they look exactly the same

Notice on the mountain on the right

AMD.png

Case: NZXT phantom CPU:I5-4460 GPU:MSI-GTX1070 Gaming X RAM:2x4Gb-DDR3-HyperX fury MOBO:Asus Z97-P HDD:Toshiba 1Tb 7200rpm PSU:Sentey650W

1 minute ago, Juanse said:

Look at the snow and the shadows, there's snow in some parts where there aren't in the other one

AMD.png

It's contrast, are you seriously this inept in making out colour differences to actual graphical differences?

It also looks like this game uses different time of day and the AI are random, frame by frame the whole scene is different.

let us all remember now and today, computers do not like abuse, they will fight back!

Old Skool KILLBOX. XEON E5640 4.0ghz / ASUS P6X58D-E ~ Noctua NH-L12 ~ eVGA GTX 670 SC 2GB 1312/7000 ~ 4TB 7200 RPM RAID0 ~ CoolerMaster Haf 922 ~ DELL P214H 23" 1080 IPS 2ms ~ HP w2007v 1680x1050. Now Playing: Splinter Cell OG XBOX / CSGO PC

Original XBOX - Xecuter 2 4981.67 Bios. Playstation 2 Slim SCPH-70002. Sega Dreamcast. N64

1 minute ago, jjar35 said:

I swear AMD did the same thing last year with a driver but I can remember which one it was since I use nVidia I just remember hearing a lot about it.

Tbh i just remember reading Stuff on the CSGO Reddit about it. People complaining that the Driver killed their PC´s etc.

1 minute ago, nskceaj said:

Tbh i just remember reading Stuff on the CSGO Reddit about it. People complaining that the Driver killed their PC´s etc.

Usually the number one reason of GPU death is heat the user.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

I just read where there's a 4gig and an 8gig card, which means the 4gig card will be the $200 card? ..., if this is true.

1 minute ago, AlexTheRose said:

By this logic, AMD should definitely be the better investment since past instances of this scenario led to AMD performing better in the end. I mean, you do have enough of an attention span to appreciate that, right? xD

Here's the thing, if you need two cards running at 50% to compete with a 1080 I have two thoughts:

First, what the fuck is wrong with your scaling. It shouldn't be that bad even with an extremely rudimentary driver.

Second, if that's what you get with two cards, one card must be completely worthless. And I'm sorry, I except the whole performance of the card (ignoring API) to be there. Where the hell is it?

5 minutes ago, kokobash said:

I really like what they did with RX 480 but please no crossfire. :(

maybe they'd say that we all misheard him and they'd release one GPU that holds the power of two RX480

ZEN.......

let us all remember now and today, computers do not like abuse, they will fight back!

Old Skool KILLBOX. XEON E5640 4.0ghz / ASUS P6X58D-E ~ Noctua NH-L12 ~ eVGA GTX 670 SC 2GB 1312/7000 ~ 4TB 7200 RPM RAID0 ~ CoolerMaster Haf 922 ~ DELL P214H 23" 1080 IPS 2ms ~ HP w2007v 1680x1050. Now Playing: Splinter Cell OG XBOX / CSGO PC

Original XBOX - Xecuter 2 4981.67 Bios. Playstation 2 Slim SCPH-70002. Sega Dreamcast. N64

2 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Here's the thing, if you need two cards running at 50% to compete with a 1080 I have two thoughts:

First, what the fuck is wrong with your scaling. It shouldn't be that bad even with an extremely rudimentary driver.

Second, if that's what you get with two cards, one card must be completely worthless. And I'm sorry, I except the whole performance of the card (ignoring API) to be there. Where the hell is it?

Well, Ashes is a CPU-Bound scenario and we don't know which CPU they're using there. Utilization might be down because of the graphics waiting on the CPU.

But either way, where did people pull the 50% utilization number?

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

40% IPC increase on ZEN 8c/16 threads

5 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

The mental gymnastics going on here deserve a gold medal. 

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

1 minute ago, AlexTheRose said:

I’m sitting here reading through this thread, wondering why everyone seems to think that most people are going to be Crossfiring these cards together. Considering it’s $200, I’d gander most people would only be buying one!

Which is even worse because you're getting waaaaaay worse performance than what the card can supposedly do. What, is AMD having a super late launch later this year so they can develop drivers to bring up the performance on launch? Or are you getting a subpar product and need to wait until the driver development catches up?

Either way, you're still getting boned by AMD.

2 minutes ago, Energycore said:

Well, Ashes is a CPU-Bound scenario and we don't know which CPU they're using there. Utilization might be down because of the graphics waiting on the CPU.

But either way, where did people pull the 50% utilization number?

AMD's own graph?

2 minutes ago, ivan134 said:

The mental gymnastics going on here deserve a good medal. 

Yeah, try to keep up. I know it's hard but it's possible. 9_9

31 minutes ago, hex4 said:

2 RX 480's in crossfire for 500 bucks deliver higher FPS than GTX 1080 and only 50% GPU used, he mentioned that drivers will be worked for dual 480 solutions, this is big news considering how usually drivers are their after thought.

I think this might be a big push for dual solutions given AMD's VR idea of having one graphics card power the display for each eye. 

So we may see massively improved CF support for not only VR, but also standard gaming...

29 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Performance should be there on launch. I don't want to buy cards and not get what I'm paying for. 49% utilization? What a joke.

AotS is heavy on CPUs, so the CF RX 480's are likely being bottle-necked by the CPU hence the 49% utilisation. 

1 minute ago, AlwaysFSX said:

AMD's own graph?

I'll recheck that clip once Lisa's done talking about ZEN DJKHJKSHK

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Confirmed June 29th!

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Belgarathian said:

AotS is heavy on CPUs, so the CF RX 480's are likely being bottle-necked by the CPU. 

Soo.. going back to having a good looking product.. Especially if you're announcing it, why not do your best to show it off as good as it can be? They've used Intel processor before, get a beast in the machine and show your cards off.

Is their strategy to shoot themselves in the foot and say "But wait! There's more!" or what??

1 minute ago, Energycore said:

I'll recheck that clip once Lisa's done talking about ZEN DJKHJKSHK

Yeah the guy was saying the scaling across the cards was only 51%.

Taiwanese people are just not very emotional at all, compared to us westerners.

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

So in the end. What do you guys think? I think the is great for AMD and this is the next step for them. 

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

2 minutes ago, AlexTheRose said:

It's finally happened. People support AMD even if that means you get a subpar product on launch.

Congratulations.

So RX 480 200 bucks.

AMD ZEN 40% IPC improvement over previous gen and 8 cores 16 threads, if they price that correctly it will be killer as CPU's right now are not the problem with gaming, gaming has too much CPU power.

1 minute ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Soo.. going back to having a good looking product.. Especially if you're announcing it, why not do your best to show it off as good as it can be? They've used Intel processor before, get a beast in the machine and show your cards off.

I kind of agree with you here, but I have to say for a $398 CF solution beating the $699 1080 @ 50% utilisation is pretty impressive non-the-less. It is only one game though, so it would be interesting to see how this scales to other games (AotS has always been heavy on async compute). 

46 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Did he just say "the goal of bringing console-class gaming to PC"?

I think he was talking about the efficiency. Aka getting as much as you can out of your hardware

12 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

I have little to no knowledge on how scaling works in multi-gpu setups. Why is it bad if the 2 cards are running at 51%?

2 minutes ago, Starelementpoke said:

I have little to no knowledge on how scaling works in multi-gpu setups. Why is it bad if the 2 cards are running at 51%?

because why not run at 100%?  The FPS could be higher

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.