AMD Computex Event-Polaris, Bristol Ridge, and ZEN!!!

Look at these 2 saxy babies (second image is a scerenshot I took, hence the low res)

13301534_1062440210495132_8398727996799113648_o.jpg

zen.png

I have a Fury Nitro and an FX 8320E. Screw my life?

1 minute ago, IGJoe2192 said:

So your assumption was that I am a non-techie...

No. Just that it wasn't put together in a way that catches your attention.

So the only exciting things are the ones we've been looking forward to as followers of the industry

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

1 minute ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

AMD sure didn't look very proud of Polaris 10. R9 390x performance at $199 might be a pipe dream after all. What a disappointment, they only showed a single benchmark for dual RX 480 8GB in Ashes of the Singularity, which is heavily optimized for AMD over Nvidia. If it was a good card you'd think they'd want to show it off instead of getting off stage as fast as possible. 

The card might be really good.  These AMD people are just people.  Maybe all the Nvidia marketing has them worrying.  Imagine if you had a superior product, but it would not matter because the competition was just better at marketing.

This is me being hopeful.

To be fair, I don't find any of these events exciting, not even the 1080 announcement.  I turned that off in 2 minutes.

1 minute ago, Energycore said:

No. Just that it wasn't put together in a way that catches your attention.

So the only exciting things are the ones we've been looking forward to as followers of the industry

Well it really wasn't exciting because they mentioned some things but didn't give any information that wasn't leaked out on the internet already. 

Nothing about that presentation was exciting for anyone. I'm not against AMD at all and was excited to watch the conference but it really was extremely lame. The whole time I was praying they would tease a badass card at the end and instead they just showed a zen logo animation.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

ZEN ZEN ZEN PEOPLES

There is supposedly a qna now and zen boxes.... Perhaps zen performance benchmarks? Who knows!!!!

I'm just happy Lisa Su even said something about Zen.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

6 minutes ago, stconquest said:

The card might be really good.  These AMD people are just people.  Maybe all the Nvidia marketing has them worrying.  Imagine if you had a superior product, but it would not matter because the competition was just better at marketing.

To be fair, I don't find any of these events exciting, not even the 1080 announcement.  I turned that off in 2 minutes.

the only good thing about the nvidia presentation was tom.

both were kinda boring, but nvidia had more hype.

1 hour ago, Energycore said:

Ashes video on the right stutters every once in a while :P

Edit: Yup, running crossfire there. Explains the occassional stutter. Bummer.

Main reason I hate CF and SLI setups...

Spartan 1.0

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120XL 86.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Extreme ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Dominator 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Storage: OCZ Vector Series 512GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Storage: Seagate Desktop HDD 4TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Classified ACX 2.0 Video Card
Case: Thermaltake Urban S41 ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: Corsair 1200W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
Optical Drive: LG BH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer
Optical Drive: LG BH10LS30 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Sound Card: Creative Labs ZXR 24-bit 192 KHz Sound Card
Monitor: 2x Asus VG278HE 27.0" 144Hz Monitor
Keyboard: Logitech G19s Wired Gaming Keyboard
Keyboard: Razer Orbweaver Elite Mechanical Gaming Keypad Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech G700s Wireless Laser Mouse
Headphones: Creative Labs EVO ZxR 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Creative Labs GigaWorks T40 Series II 32W 2ch Speakers

Hades 1.0

Spoiler

Laptop: Dell Alienware 15 2015

CPU: i7-4720HQ CPU

Memory: 16GB DDR3 SODIMM RAM

Storage: 256GB M.2 SSD

Storage: 1TB 5400rpm 2.5" HDD

Screen: 15.6" FHD Display

Video Card: Nvidia GTX 970M with 3GB

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

Project: Spartan 1.2 PLEASE SUPPORT ME NEW CHANNEL > Tech Inquisition

3 minutes ago, GidonsClaw said:

Main reason I hate CF and SLI setups...

DX12 style Multi-GPU does remove the stutter though, so at least CF makes more sense going into the future.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

22 minutes ago, stconquest said:

There we no benches other than Ashes. It would be so easy to fill time with benchmarks showing how strong the card is. And we didn't get it, the only logical explanation is because they're not good enough to spin as some kind of positive news, and hence they were suppressed. 

1 minute ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

There we no benches other than Ashes. It would be so easy to fill time with benchmarks showing how strong the card is. And we didn't get it, the only logical explanation is because they're not good enough to spin as some kind of positive news, and hence they were suppressed. 

That sucks.

4 minutes ago, Energycore said:

DX12 style Multi-GPU does remove the stutter though, so at least CF makes more sense going into the future.

I've not seen enough evidence of this to change my mind yet.

Spartan 1.0

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120XL 86.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Extreme ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Dominator 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Storage: OCZ Vector Series 512GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Storage: Seagate Desktop HDD 4TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Classified ACX 2.0 Video Card
Case: Thermaltake Urban S41 ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: Corsair 1200W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
Optical Drive: LG BH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer
Optical Drive: LG BH10LS30 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Sound Card: Creative Labs ZXR 24-bit 192 KHz Sound Card
Monitor: 2x Asus VG278HE 27.0" 144Hz Monitor
Keyboard: Logitech G19s Wired Gaming Keyboard
Keyboard: Razer Orbweaver Elite Mechanical Gaming Keypad Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech G700s Wireless Laser Mouse
Headphones: Creative Labs EVO ZxR 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Creative Labs GigaWorks T40 Series II 32W 2ch Speakers

Hades 1.0

Spoiler

Laptop: Dell Alienware 15 2015

CPU: i7-4720HQ CPU

Memory: 16GB DDR3 SODIMM RAM

Storage: 256GB M.2 SSD

Storage: 1TB 5400rpm 2.5" HDD

Screen: 15.6" FHD Display

Video Card: Nvidia GTX 970M with 3GB

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

Project: Spartan 1.2 PLEASE SUPPORT ME NEW CHANNEL > Tech Inquisition

1 minute ago, GidonsClaw said:

I've not seen enough evidence of this to change my mind yet.

We'll have to see multi-GPU on Battlefield 1. If that's good, the market will follow.

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

6 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

5 minutes ago, stconquest said:

That sucks.

Tell me about it, that side by side might as well have been an nvidia advertisement. 

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

1 hour ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

Would you guys bareback Lisa Su?

Maybe, if i got a free GPU, for sure.

let us all remember now and today, computers do not like abuse, they will fight back!

Old Skool KILLBOX. XEON E5640 4.0ghz / ASUS P6X58D-E ~ Noctua NH-L12 ~ eVGA GTX 670 SC 2GB 1312/7000 ~ 4TB 7200 RPM RAID0 ~ CoolerMaster Haf 922 ~ DELL P214H 23" 1080 IPS 2ms ~ HP w2007v 1680x1050. Now Playing: Splinter Cell OG XBOX / CSGO PC

Original XBOX - Xecuter 2 4981.67 Bios. Playstation 2 Slim SCPH-70002. Sega Dreamcast. N64

Full Live Stream

Warning! Some parts will make you cringe. :P

And

Spoiler

39:21, guy in red sitting in front row, waving at camera is Ian Cutress from Anandtech

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

It it is true with the price and performance, there will be a big hole in the market between the 480 and 1070.  That gap will probably have to be filled somehow, either by 1060, or 490, or the price on 1070 have to be lowered.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

2 hours ago, stconquest said:

Linus got the opportunity to sit down with Raja and he didn't take the opportunity to ask a direct question about where exactly the performance fits in compared to the current line-up >:(

14 minutes ago, Humbug said:

Linus got the opportunity to sit down with Raja and he didn't take the opportunity to ask a direct question about where exactly the performance fits in compared to the current line-up >:(

I don't think Linus had any say as to how the interview would go.  I know what you are saying though, he did not try.

5 hours ago, Energycore said:

The market has a hole in it. There's the RX 480 at $200 (probably more for the 8GB version) and the GTX 1070 for $380. The only product I can imagine being in the middle is a GP104-based 1060 Ti that cost $280-300.

Who knows, they might drop the price on the current Fiji GPUs to go just north of $250 to fill that gap. I would indeed hardly see them selling any Fury at their current price  given the GTX 1070 is around with its lower price and higher perfs.

Might get an RX 480 since Final Cut seems to prefer AMD compute. 

I have changed all the info into paragraphs and added my own insights!

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Spoiler

I don't think anyone will see this post since no one is following this besides me :/, but if any of you do see this, please review the Zen CPU shot at 1:10:37. I cannot tell for sure on my 720p panel right now but it looks to me like the back of the CPU doesn't seem to have pins, and instead uses an LGA design. I can't say for certain but it seems a little bit like that to me. Can someone with a 1080p panel please confirm?

EDIT: @IGJoe2192 and @Energycore you guys seem to be interested in Zen, could you please help confirm this?

EDIT 2: Nevermind, found this: http://www.jagatreview.com/2016/06/computex-2016-amd-pamerkan-wujud-prosesor-zen/

Computex-2016-AMD-Zen-02.jpg

Looks like it does have pins.

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler