44 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

How hard are you on the throttle? Also Im really liking 6" triblades, so much power and i don't notice too much of a drop in response. 

pretty hard. I was being a little bit conservative last time, seeing as the motor bell came off in a crash, but I had a few bursts of full throttle in one direction, then reversing the quad and going full throttle the other way. still didn't really get hot.

Now I'm having an issue though... I decided to try betaflight, and not my motors won't arm, even after flashing back to cleanflight... I haven't changed anything since I flew two days ago either, so I'm pretty confused...

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

35 minutes ago, KaminKevCrew said:

pretty hard. I was being a little bit conservative last time, seeing as the motor bell came off in a crash, but I had a few bursts of full throttle in one direction, then reversing the quad and going full throttle the other way. still didn't really get hot.

Now I'm having an issue though... I decided to try betaflight, and not my motors won't arm, even after flashing back to cleanflight... I haven't changed anything since I flew two days ago either, so I'm pretty confused...

Try a full chip erase of your fc. Are you using a Naze? 

ASU

23 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

Try a full chip erase of your fc. Are you using a Naze? 

Yeah, I think so anyway (The naze firmware works on it.) it's the F1FC Integrated from Armattan. It's worth a shot. Thanks for the idea! I'll give that a try once I get home. I'm currently just about to head out for a while, but I'll be sure to give it a go when I get home! (Or maybe I'll try to set this laptop up for it. I just got it today, so that might be more effort than I want to put in at the moment, but I'll definitely look into it.)

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

45 minutes ago, KaminKevCrew said:

Yeah, I think so anyway (The naze firmware works on it.) it's the F1FC Integrated from Armattan. It's worth a shot. Thanks for the idea! I'll give that a try once I get home. I'm currently just about to head out for a while, but I'll be sure to give it a go when I get home! (Or maybe I'll try to set this laptop up for it. I just got it today, so that might be more effort than I want to put in at the moment, but I'll definitely look into it.)

Ah I kinda want the pdb with the integrated controller, but there's also some pdbs I've been drooling over that have built in OSDs. 

ASU

1 hour ago, Hackentosher said:

Ah I kinda want the pdb with the integrated controller, but there's also some pdbs I've been drooling over that have built in OSDs. 

Yeah. I personally don't actually use OSDs myself, I find that they're more of a distraction than anything else. Also, (although I haven't set it up yet) the F1FC is able to read the voltage direct from the battery, since it's all integrated, so I'll just end up hooking up the telemetry header on it for battery voltage.

I'm also pretty sure that the F1FC includes an inverter, so that I can use Sbus, even though I'm using CPPM right now.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

13 minutes ago, KaminKevCrew said:

Yeah. I personally don't actually use OSDs myself, I find that they're more of a distraction than anything else. Also, (although I haven't set it up yet) the F1FC is able to read the voltage direct from the battery, since it's all integrated, so I'll just end up hooking up the telemetry header on it for battery voltage.

I'm also pretty sure that the F1FC includes an inverter, so that I can use Sbus, even though I'm using CPPM right now.

Well I currently use a crap tastic radio that doesn't really have telemetry, and it uses pwm (or is it ppm? The one where you have one wire per channel) because there's no sbus or cppm. There is a receiver that uses ibus, but I'm not sure how that will work. Looks like it works just like sbus, but again, I'm not sure. 

Doesn't cppm introduce a ton of latency?

ASU

For some reason I feel the need to post in this thread.   Drone talk makes my ears ring...

I don't even really know where to start but I guess sharing some pictures is always a good place.

The Favorites.

20150831_230135_zpshuwludbs.jpg

The Beaters

20150405_205620_zpsbuhvgpnl.jpg

The DJI Killer (13"props)

20150722_174904_zpsaawidl0g.jpg

The because bigger is better TRI. (ive included a second picture to really show appreciation for just how big 16" wide cord props are)

20140731_171101_zpstmlkgnb1.jpg

20140802_153155_zpsk2l2jejo.jpg

The I had extra parts Machine!

20140214_224912_zps227adfba.jpg

My "Hobby King Special" and my "Flying Lightshow"

20131222_211032_zps581d6ed2.jpg

Tricopter shake down day in my back yard.

20141003_181923_zps21hyvnvc.jpg

My "back yard"

train2_zpsd26bdc9e.jpg

trainpic_zps742ad03d.jpg

Who's staging my intervention?

20 minutes ago, JokerProduction said:

For some reason I feel the need to post in this thread.   Drone talk makes my ears ring...

I don't even really know where to start but I guess sharing some pictures is always a good place.

The Favorites.

20150831_230135_zpshuwludbs.jpg

The Beaters

20150405_205620_zpsbuhvgpnl.jpg

The DJI Killer (13"props)

I want to know more about these, including that tbs discovery, I accidentally deleted the photo. Looks like a lot of zmr 250's and or map 230's.

ASU

2 hours ago, Hackentosher said:

Well I currently use a crap tastic radio that doesn't really have telemetry, and it uses pwm (or is it ppm? The one where you have one wire per channel) because there's no sbus or cppm. There is a receiver that uses ibus, but I'm not sure how that will work. Looks like it works just like sbus, but again, I'm not sure. 

Doesn't cppm introduce a ton of latency?

It does introduce some latency, sure, but I'm not doing anything super fast or crazy just yet, so it's still totally flyable.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

Just now, KaminKevCrew said:

It does introduce some latency, sure, but I'm not doing anything super fast or crazy just yet, so it's still totally flyable.

Why don't you run sbus anyway? I found a 3rd party receiver that can output sbus, but it's from hong Kong, and it's a lil shady. 

ASU

17 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

Why don't you run sbus anyway? I found a 3rd party receiver that can output sbus, but it's from hong Kong, and it's a lil shady. 

I didn't know that that flight controller supported it. I don't think the normal naze rev 5 can support it, so I didn't wire it up that way. I can just change what pin I'm using on the receiver though, and that will fix it. I'll likely change it once I can arm the motors again (one thing at a time and all)

Hey! New SIgnature! 

8 minutes ago, KaminKevCrew said:

I didn't know that that flight controller supported it. I don't think the normal naze rev 5 can support it, so I didn't wire it up that way. I can just change what pin I'm using on the receiver though, and that will fix it. I'll likely change it once I can arm the motors again (one thing at a time and all)

Watch chris' video on the f1fc, I think it does. As for the arming, have you checked your modes? Maybe your arm range got jacked. 

ASU

Just now, Hackentosher said:

Watch chris' video on the f1fc, I think it does. As for the arming, have you checked your modes? Maybe your arm range got jacked. 

No, the ESCs don't even do the final beep to show that they're ready when the battery gets plugged in. (Similar to how they would act on something with no FC if you plugged it in while there was some throttle on the Tx.) So they'll beep to show that they're getting power, but they won't respond to anything after that.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

7 minutes ago, KaminKevCrew said:

No, the ESCs don't even do the final beep to show that they're ready when the battery gets plugged in. (Similar to how they would act on something with no FC if you plugged it in while there was some throttle on the Tx.) So they'll beep to show that they're getting power, but they won't respond to anything after that.

What ESCs? If a full chip erase doesn't fix it, maybe there's a loose connection or cut trace somewhere. 

ASU

23 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

What ESCs? If a full chip erase doesn't fix it, maybe there's a loose connection or cut trace somewhere. 

Haven't yet tried the full chip erase. It's the DYS XS30A

Hey! New SIgnature! 

1 hour ago, Hackentosher said:

I want to know more about these, including that tbs discovery, I accidentally deleted the photo. Looks like a lot of zmr 250's and or map 230's.

The two beaters w/ the red alum standoffs are true ZMR's straight from china (although they are good quality carbon fiber ones)

Both of those are very similiar running 3s, dys 1806 2300KV, naze32, shitty Emax 12A ESC's.  Video recievers are aomway 40ch 600mW w/ aomway antenna other is a fatshark 250mw and spironet antenna.  Orange props are 5" and greens are 6"

The other 3 get a bit more exciting. They each have a different PDB board. I was doing testing for overcraft and osogrande so i have a pile of both pre-production and final product boards and I honestly don't know off hand which board is in which at this point.  green runs 3cell on 1806 2300kv w/6props, orange is 4cell 2204 18xxkv w/6" props, blue is 4cell 2205 2250kv w/ 6" props.  ESC's used are either DYS 20A, kiss 16a, little bees, or zues 20A. Of course with oneshot and/ damped light.  The frames are custom cut from scrap military grade carbon I got from work.  The arms and plates are a half mm thicker than the original but are layed out exactly like the ZMR so that I can use any of the aftermarket parts that are available for them. (such as the PDBs, the camera mount on the orange one, and some frame spacers that I didn't end up using due to complications with the PDBs and color differences)  The nylon Hardware I dyed myself and are bored out.  A single screw goes right through to the bottom plate with a spacer between the bottom plate and PDB and then a nyloc nut on the bottom.  I like the Frysky diversity telemetry receivers which work wonderfull with the naze.

The "discovery" is not that at all.  Again its another custom carbon frame its very similiar to a discovery but the arms are at a different angle and there are other subtle differences as well.. 4cell.  Sunnysky Gimbal motors and alexmos gimbal controller. Motors are sunnysky 3508 700KV w/ 13" carbon props.  Using the frsky LR9 long range receiver because I don't need the telemetry as that is done through a minim OSD and ardrupilot.  The arms are RC timer Extended arms but even those I did some custom work by milling out a channel in the bottom center and epoxied in a solid aluminum bar running the length of the arms.  This made them have very little flex.

Thought these might be of interest as well.  My flying light show which are using some interesting led controllers that sadly never made it to market.  They were PWM controlled so you could change the speed, pattern, and color on the fly.  A short positive PWM pulse would change the color, a long positive PWM pulse would change the pattern, and a short negative pwm signal would change the speed. Long negative would shut them off.  I liked that setup because each zone only required a single 3pos switch for all 4 functions and a single channel on the reciever.  Since these videos I've changed out the strips for some black waterproof PCB RGB Leds instead of the cheap white one that stood out during the day.

41 minutes ago, JokerProduction said:

Snip 

Wow, that's a lot of stuff. Admittedly, I didn't read through all of that, but why are you running 1806 with 6" props? And 3s? I didn't know this was 2k14 :P personally, I'm loving 4s with my rs2205's, and the 6" props give so much power, it's ridiculous. If you poke around the second page, you can see what i did to my poor spyronet with those rocket ship props, they're amazing. 

ASU

3 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

Wow, that's a lot of stuff. Admittedly, I didn't read through all of that, but why are you running 1806 with 6" props? And 3s? I didn't know this was 2k14 :P personally, I'm loving 4s with my rs2205's, and the 6" props give so much power, it's ridiculous. If you poke around the second page, you can see what i did to my poor spyronet with those rocket ship props, they're amazing. 

Hell I bet I built that first ZMR was before 2k14.  Those emax ESC were the best thing out at the time. there was no such thing as damped light and oneshot. cleanflight wasn't even a thing.  If you would of read the post you would also of seen that my newest build is running 4s/ 2205/ 6".  Its great to have options as sometimes I much prefer the longer flight times of the 3s 1806 setup.  And as they are beaters they are usually getting flown by people that have never touched RC flight before so its already more than enough to handle.

2 minutes ago, JokerProduction said:

Hell I bet I built that first ZMR was before 2k14.  Those emax ESC were the best thing out at the time. there was no such thing as damped light and oneshot. cleanflight wasn't even a thing.  If you would of read the post you would also of seen that my newest build is running 4s/ 2205/ 6".  Its great to have options as sometimes I much prefer the longer flight times of the 3s 1806 setup.  And as they are beaters they are usually getting flown by people that have never touched RC flight before so its already more than enough to handle.

Do you have those beaters in angle mode? Or have it as an option? I would think that would be best if you want to show noobs how to fly. 

And what's your fpv set up look like? 

ASU

1 minute ago, Hackentosher said:

Do you have those beaters in angle mode? Or have it as an option? I would think that would be best if you want to show noobs how to fly. 

And what's your fpv set up look like? 

Always have angle/horizon/acro on a 3pos switch on everything I build.

FPV is a set of dominator HD's and Predator V2's with the fatshark 5.8modules. 

Tx's are either fatshark 600mw or aomway 40ch aomway mini units. 

I've got an assortment of antennas LHCP fatshark spironets. RHCP aomways, and some homemade helical antennas.

1 minute ago, JokerProduction said:

Always have angle/horizon/acro on a 3pos switch on everything I build.

FPV is a set of dominator HD's and Predator V2's with the fatshark 5.8modules. 

Tx's are either fatshark 600mw or aomway 40ch aomway mini units. 

I've got an assortment of antennas LHCP fatshark spironets. RHCP aomways, and some homemade helical antennas.

Ah I have the predator v2's because I'm poor. 

Since I fly acro, I don't believe in no auto stabilization (I explain why under flight controllers on my guide) as that just holds me back. What about radio? I assume Taranis? 

ASU

I started with a Turnigy 9X but I've got 2 taranis's now.  I still use the 9x for one of the beater minis and I have to use it for the PWM recievers for the flying lightshow Tricopter but at least I've loaded it with open TX and changed all the switches to 3pos and added the backlight.

Looks like the full chip erase worked! Thanks @Hackentosher!

Now, any idea why damped light isn't showing up on my DYS XS30A ESCs on Blheli 16.2?

Hey! New SIgnature! 

6 minutes ago, KaminKevCrew said:

Looks like the full chip erase worked! Thanks @Hackentosher!

Now, any idea why damped light isn't showing up on my DYS XS30A ESCs on Blheli 16.2?

So it arms? And what's this about a light on your ESCs? 

ASU