Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Red Flag 'G2A

power supply failing?

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

I am using a VS 550 power supply for GTX 950 Strix and a core i5 4460 for several months. Recently, got black screen reboot randomly when the game loads and while in-game. 

 

checked windows 10's event viewer it shows :

Event 41, Kernel Power

The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

 

Reinstalled windows and drivers didn't help.

note : * problem happens while game is running except doing common tasks,browsing the internet , leaving the computer on 24/7 . *

 

Detailed reports from event viewer:

Log Name:      System
Source:        Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
Date:          31/5/2016 1:24:12 PM
Event ID:      41
Task Category: (63)
Level:         Critical
Keywords:      (70368744177664),(2)
User:          SYSTEM
Computer:      DESKTOP-5D9AIE3
Description:
The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}" />
    <EventID>41</EventID>
    <Version>3</Version>
    <Level>1</Level>
    <Task>63</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x8000400000000002</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2016-05-31T05:24:12.620897000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>771</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />
    <Channel>System</Channel>
    <Computer>DESKTOP-5D9AIE3</Computer>
    <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data Name="BugcheckCode">0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="SleepInProgress">0</Data>
    <Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>
    <Data Name="BootAppStatus">0</Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

 

 

 

 

 

 

event viewer's report.txt

Link to post
Share on other sites

It shouldn't be failing, you have a seasonic unit. First make sure all of your power connectors are plugged in right at both ends.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, BenjaminC said:

It shouldn't be, it's a seasonic unit. First make sure all of your power connectors are plugged in right at both ends.

i'm also aware of the connections between the hard wares to the PSU, and it can run 24/7just without gaming.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
7 minutes ago, BenjaminC said:

How are your CPU and GPU temperatures?

Temperatures are fine,

both of the temps are below 65'c while running 3DMark , system black screen reboot randomly in the middle of bench marking with 3D Mark. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, BenjaminC said:

It shouldn't be failing, you have a seasonic unit. First make sure all of your power connectors are plugged in right at both ends.

The VS is a terrible CWT unit, not a Seasonic unit. http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page447.htm

 

11 hours ago, Red Flag 'G2A said:

I am using a VS 550 power supply for GTX 950 Strix and a core i5 4460 for several months. Recently, got black screen reboot randomly when the game loads and while in-game. 

 

checked windows 10's event viewer it shows :

Event 41, Kernel Power

The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

 

Reinstalled windows and drivers didn't help.

 

 

 

 

event viewer's report.txt

It could be the PSU as it is a very poor quality unit, but you should still check that all your connectors are in properly.


|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

The VS is a terrible CWT unit, not a Seasonic unit. http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page447.htm

 

It could be the PSU as it is a very poor quality unit, but you should still check that all your connectors are in properly.

Oops, I was thinking of a cooler master V550. If it's a corsair VS series then yeah, definitely replace it with something less prone to explosion.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BenjaminC said:

Oops, I was thinking of a cooler master V550. If it's a corsair VS series then yeah, definitely replace it with something less prone to explosion.

Yeah, the Cooler Master VS is an Enhance unit (great) and the V is Seasonic, confusing...


|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×