Anyone got annoying neighbours?

hex4

Well mine are annoying though not in the way you would maybe think.

I am single right now, i have no job.

Sometimes i stay awake till early hours, i could be doing anything but mostly playing a game or maybe watching Youtube or a movie, i lose my ability to go to sleep at a normal hour when out of work.

Now i am warey of the noise i make, i try to be as quiet as possible, but my female neighbour no matter what will bloody complain even when noise levels are so low no one in the house outside my actual room can hear me or the movie, game i am playing or watching.

Tonight i was playing Chrono Cross (PS1) and speakers were on under half volume and windows volume control on 18 out of 100, knock knock on the wall.... i mean for real, she can hear shit better than me yet i have perfect hearing according to medical tests o.0

When i had a lady friend, we were erm being natural at around 11 PM we were not loud, and errr yeah bang bang, that's our night ruined..

Fucking hate the bitch.

let us all remember now and today, computers do not like abuse, they will fight back!

Old Skool KILLBOX. XEON E5640 4.0ghz / ASUS P6X58D-E ~ Noctua NH-L12 ~ eVGA GTX 670 SC 2GB 1312/7000 ~ 4TB 7200 RPM RAID0 ~ CoolerMaster Haf 922 ~ DELL P214H 23" 1080 IPS 2ms ~ HP w2007v 1680x1050. Now Playing: Splinter Cell OG XBOX / CSGO PC

Original XBOX - Xecuter 2 4981.67 Bios. Playstation 2 Slim SCPH-70002. Sega Dreamcast. N64

ok let see. the neighbors on the left and right of me are absolute smokers and even smoke around their kids (such stupid parenting), and the neighbor in front of me has a daughter who's 18 and has a 3 year old. and her mom's some stupid blonde white who is an absolute trump supporter and i just keep telling her to shut the fuck up because she's such a loudmouth bitch who won't keep her fucking trap shut, like she's constantly talking and she can never put a sock in it. i hate my fucking neighbors. and this neighborhood has been so shady over the past 5 years, like there are pot growers at the end of my street. i want to move out badly. thank god i move out to college in 2 years.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

3 minutes ago, GreezyJeezy said:

nope, this is the perk of living in the country. the closest house to me is a good 3 minute walk 

I'm jelly.

let us all remember now and today, computers do not like abuse, they will fight back!

Old Skool KILLBOX. XEON E5640 4.0ghz / ASUS P6X58D-E ~ Noctua NH-L12 ~ eVGA GTX 670 SC 2GB 1312/7000 ~ 4TB 7200 RPM RAID0 ~ CoolerMaster Haf 922 ~ DELL P214H 23" 1080 IPS 2ms ~ HP w2007v 1680x1050. Now Playing: Splinter Cell OG XBOX / CSGO PC

Original XBOX - Xecuter 2 4981.67 Bios. Playstation 2 Slim SCPH-70002. Sega Dreamcast. N64

1 minute ago, hex4 said:

I'm jelly.

the bad part is, there are farmers all over, so a few times a year for a good 3 days it will smell like cow shit. 

1 minute ago, GreezyJeezy said:

the bad part is, there are farmers all over, so a few times a year for a good 3 days it will smell like cow shit. 

LOL not that bad though, get used to it in the air after a bit :P

I just did a quick measure of sound with my speakers at the same level when she knocked the wall, my phone DB meter read a peak of 44 decibels and average of 39...

That's barely normal conversation noise level.

Phone is literally in front of speakers.

2 hours ago, GreezyJeezy said:

...so a few times a year for a good 3 days it will smell like cow shit. 

Indeed but I like to think that it's the smell of priviladge.

I too am lucky enough to enjoy the vast expanses of nothing except trees and fields. Anyone who is close enough is old/rich enough to have the same mindset.

The only annoyances come from lost delivery drivers and people who come bothering for money and really only then when we have left the gate open.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

The apartment to the right of me never makes a sound, the one on the left of me however has a couple and their dog (against the conditions of their lease)

The couple fight loud and they "make up" very loudly too, right now im trying to decide if i should try and have them removed or just leave when my lease is up :( 

We were rebuilding the bathroom because we wanted a bath in it, which the current bathroom didn't have.

We started removing the old brick walls and had a very large container on our driveway to dump them in.

Our left neighbour started threatening to call the police because the container was blocking the path to their backyard (the path to their backyard lies next to our driveway).

Except, it wasn't blocking it, it was about 20/30cm on the path, leaving more than a meter left so they could pass along just fine.

And the container would only be there for a couple hours, and couldn't stand anywhere else because our street doesn't have parking places on the sides.

Now everytime you see her she always gives you "that look". 

Man, that bitch is annoying.

My downstairs neighbor is an absolute hypocrite, regularly asking us to turn it down. My personal favorite was, when my roomate whas watching a political discussion on YouTube in silence (no bass, no loud effects, just spoken word, volume way below regularroom volume), I was studying next door and didn't hear a thing, but she couldn't sleep downstairs because of the "noise" :D However, that does not keep her from blasting her own stereo at 8AM with bass that makes my bed shake -.-

"We cannot change the cards we're dealt - just how we play the hand" - R. Pausch

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X , Cooler: BeQuiet Dark Rock 3 Motherboard: MSI B450 Mortar Titanium RAM: 16 GB Corsair LPX 3200 GPU: EVGA RTX2070 XC Storage: Adata 120GB SSD, SanDisk 1TB SDD, 2TB WD GreenHDD Case: Fractal Design Define Mini C PSU: EVGA Supernova 650GS Peripherals: Master Keys Pro S, Logitech G402 Audio: Schiit Fulla 2 + Sennheiser HD 650. Laptop: Asus Zenbook UX 302

Nope, I am the annoying neighbour. 

They enjoy listening to my music though. :ph34r:

Don't get me wrong, though I play it loud, I always turn it off by 7pm and don't do anything noisy after that point. But from mid day to 7, it's usually pretty loud. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

1 hour ago, SeriouslyMikey said:

Nope, I am the annoying neighbour. 

They enjoy listening to my music though. :ph34r:

Don't get me wrong, though I play it loud, I always turn it off by 7pm and don't do anything noisy after that point. But from mid day to 7, it's usually pretty loud. 

i somewhat do that too. when i'm the only one at home, i blast my music as loud as my bass will allow. but my neighbors don't care. they're too busy smoking.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Where we used to live we unfortunately had to suffer communal parking. We were always getting blocked in by our shit for brains neighbour and he would also allow his shit for brains kids to lean against our cars. They also built 'obstacle courses' in the summer right up near them... The whole family were like a bunch of filthy gypsies; they had about five vehicles of varying sizes from saloons to hippie vans, all of them at least ten years old, full of garbage and filth and they were always dragging home some old clapped out heap of shit vehicle and pulling it apart all over their property. He seemed to have kids from his current partner and kids from an ex that would visit with him each weekend. All of them were little gob shits that used to enjoy mouthing off and swearing outside. We would seldom venture into our garden in the summer because we did not want to expose our two children to the dreadful language and behaviour. They would also play loud music all through the night which absolutely wrecked our kids sleep.

The final straw as it were happened one day when he allowed them to drive a ride on lawn mower around near our cars completely unsupervised and one of those little shit for brains drove it straight into the front passenger side door of my car. We moved shortly afterwards specifically to get as far away from other people as possible.

This wasn't the first place we have lived where we have had issues with other people either but it was indeed one of the worst. We never intend to live near other people again. In our experience nothing good ever comes from being racked in and packed up against loads of other people as is the case with all of these town and city council estate/new build shit holes. No thank you, never ever ever again!

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

I use wax balls for my ears every night (to sleep). I couldn't sleep without those in an apartments building. I have two goods Sennheiser headphone for movies and games and music, so I won't bother any neighbors nor getting bothered by them :). Frankly, just buy some closed headphones and some wax balls for the night and you're good to go.

My wax balls: http://www.sonicshop.de/De/Plugs/Ohropax-Wachskugeln.asp

My headphones: http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-RS-175-Wireless-Headphone/dp/B00SLUI5SA

But I have to say, 3 years ago my upper neighbor woke me up every night at 3 o'clock listening to "Ride of Valkyries" from Wagner, full volume. That's the only time I had to knock at the door. But that's understandable.

My dad has No neighbours.

My mom lives in Shadyville (her car, my moped and my stepdad's car have had their tyres slashed multiple times (by our neighbour, we have videos of it happening) and our neighbour "accidentaly" reversed into the side of my mom's car THREE times in a row.... (police have been notified but they havent done anything)

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

Neighbours to the left are cool, never make any noise, but the neighbours on the right, oh man.

There's this thing we call a "beco" , a street with no return going down to a little river on the bottom.

There's always somebody playing tacky songs at high volumes, even if i close my Windows i can still hear the music.

But it's comprehensible, i have a very loud truck (for city standards), and i got complaints for getting out of the house early in the morning with the truck's loud exhaust blasting around.

Project Diesel 5.0: Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming /// CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X  /// CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 /// GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme RTX 2070 /// RAM: 2x 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V @3200mhz /// Chassis: Lian Li Lancool One Digital (black) /// PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750w /// Storage: Inland Premium 1TB NVME + Toshiba X300 4TB

Peripherals: Mice: Cooler Master MM720 /// Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK2 SE (Cherry Silver), Blitzwolf BW-KB1 (Gateron Reds) /// Monitor: Acer XZ320Q 32' (VA, 1080p @240hz) /// AMP: Topping PA3 (Onkyo Integra A-817XD undergoing restoration) /// DAC: Weiliang SU5 /// Speakers: AAT BSF-100 /// Mike: Alctron CS35U /// Headphones: Blon B8, ISK MDH-9000

Living room: TV: Samsung QLED Q7FN 55' 4k /// Amplifier: Denon AVR-X2400H /// Speakers: DALI Zensor 7 /// Consoles: Sony PS4 Pro 1TB, Sony PS3 500gb /// LD/CD/DVD: Pioneer DVL-909 /// Power Supplies: Upsai ACF-2100T + GR Savage CDR2200EX

For living in an area with a high military concentration, my neighbors in my apartment complex are actually pretty good about noise. There's a guy with a straight piped Lincoln Town Car, but he's a cool dude and that thing makes me smile when I hear it more than anything else. Only thing that is really annoying is the restaurant behind my apartment has live music Saturday nights which I can hear very clearly in my bedroom.

18 hours ago, GreezyJeezy said:

nope, this is the perk of living in the country. the closest house to me is a good 3 minute walk 

The horror..

As a city liver good neighbors all around.

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

7 minutes ago, thekeemo said:

The horror..

i used to live in the city and in a cul-de-sac, and we got along really good, one even would randomly make us pies. but its not like they were not annoying at times too. idk I kind of like living out here now more because i like to ATV and snowmobile and you cant do that in town.

5 minutes ago, GreezyJeezy said:

i used to live in the city and in a cul-de-sac, and we got along really good, one even would randomly make us pies. but its not like they were not annoying at times too. idk I kind of like living out here now more because i like to ATV and snowmobile and you cant do that in town.

Wait.. you go .. OUTSIDE!

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

2 minutes ago, thekeemo said:

Wait.. you go .. OUTSIDE!

densest seem like it huh, during this season eh not much, in the summer when its nicer where i live, ill be fishing most of the day. or out on my ATV.

Used to. Old neighbours, nocturnal nerds in their early 20s, would smoke obscene amounts of weed and pop shrooms like tic tacs. In a six month period 911 was called four separate times to cart at least one of them off to the hospital due to a nervous breakdown or psychotic episode. On one of the occasions they completely destroyed their entire floor of the house, including partially ripping out wires from the drywall. Police had to use tasers that time.

This was, of course, always starting at 1 in the morning or later, with us having day jobs.

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

I have a neighbor that liked to complain to the police about my dog barking maybe for a short little while (<10 Minutes) because of a passerby or something in the yard.

Fortunately he has stopped doing that but ffs it was annoying.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

46 minutes ago, thekeemo said:

The horror..

Being in the middle of nowhere is the best place to be. Once upon a time, I was with my mom, grandma and uncle to go to some place in western Minnesota. I had cell service in this one town that we drove through called Delhi, Minnesota. In 2013, the population was about 69.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization