Hyper x cloud 2 question

Sparkling Soap

Is there a way to make it so that I can hear myself when I speak without enabling "listen to this device" in the sound settings? Since I can not hear myself, I always yell or talk really loud. Enabling "listen to this device" makes it hard to speak because it is really out of sync. Is there any way to fix this?

I don't own one myself, but check the program that comes with the Headset and look for Sidetone. That's what the setting is for my Logitech headset. I'm not exactly sure what functionality the HyperX headset has though, or if it has it at all.

41 minutes ago, Sparkling Soap said:

Is there a way to make it so that I can hear myself when I speak without enabling "listen to this device" in the sound settings? Since I can not hear myself, I always yell or talk really loud. Enabling "listen to this device" makes it hard to speak because it is really out of sync. Is there any way to fix this?

Not really answering your original question, but may I suggest changing into the Velour pads?

They're more comfortable but a bit easy on the "noise cancellation".

However they're more prone to wear-and-tear.

Karamo

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen™ 5 3600 | CPU Cooler: Wraith Stealth | GPU: Gigabgyte AORUS GeForce RTX 2070 Super | Motherboard: MSI B450M Mortar Max | RAM: G.Skill FlareX 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16 | SSD: ADATA XPG SX6000 Pro M.2 256GB | HDD: 1TB 2.5" Western Digital Blue (WD10SPZX) | Case: NZXT H510 | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit |

26 minutes ago, Noyu said:

Not really answering your original question, but may I suggest changing into the Velour pads?

They're more comfortable but a bit easy on the "noise cancellation".

However they're more prone to wear-and-tear.

i would, but they are hard to clean and the pleather gives more bass

1 hour ago, smittywits said:

I don't own one myself, but check the program that comes with the Headset and look for Sidetone. That's what the setting is for my Logitech headset. I'm not exactly sure what functionality the HyperX headset has though, or if it has it at all.

yeah, i had a logitech g430 and it had that. but sadly the hyperx does not have any software.

1 minute ago, Sparkling Soap said:

yeah, i had a logitech g430 and it had that. but sadly the hyperx does not have any software.

It's very possible that the headset doesn't support that functionality then. Someone else might have more useful information for you, but that's all I got!

1 minute ago, Sparkling Soap said:

i would, but they are hard to clean and the pleather gives more bass

Ah. Noted. Disregard my suggestion.

Karamo

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen™ 5 3600 | CPU Cooler: Wraith Stealth | GPU: Gigabgyte AORUS GeForce RTX 2070 Super | Motherboard: MSI B450M Mortar Max | RAM: G.Skill FlareX 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16 | SSD: ADATA XPG SX6000 Pro M.2 256GB | HDD: 1TB 2.5" Western Digital Blue (WD10SPZX) | Case: NZXT H510 | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit |

Not really.  Any monitoring method will have a bit of a delay, unfortunately.  Your only bet?  Sell the things and get a dedicated set of open-ear headphones and a mic, or... just get used to it, and stop yelling at your buddies when you're not meaning to yell.

1 hour ago, Kaidesa said:

Not really.  Any monitoring method will have a bit of a delay, unfortunately.  Your only bet?  Sell the things and get a dedicated set of open-ear headphones and a mic, or... just get used to it, and stop yelling at your buddies when you're not meaning to yell.

on my logitech g430s the delay was perfect... i guess this headset just does not have that picture