Project: Node way will it fit! - A hardline watercooled Node202

Well colour me impressed. (Whatever colour that may be) 

That's one pretty dang tight fitting Node202! So does the cover fit on with no issues? I'm loving the whole colour scheme, makes me want to go and buy some Irn-bru..  

Make sure you keep us up to date on the tempered glass idea, if I'd put that much effort in to squeeeezing that in a 202 I'd want to see it too! 

What's in like on the Aural side? 

Spoiler

CPU: i7 7700k. MOBO: MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon. RAM: 32Gb DDR4 Team Group Dark Pro 3k . GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTWx2. Storage: 64GB SSD, 250GB SSD,480GB SSD, 1.5TB HDD. PSU: EVGA Supanova 750W G2. Case: NZXT H440 Matte Black. Screens: Acer Predator X34 @ 100Hz & AOC 24" G2460F 144hz. KB: Logi G810 Orion Sprectrum. Mouse: Corsair Scimitar RGB Audio: Edifier S550's & ASTRO A50's. Console Peasant?: PS4 & XBone.

2 minutes ago, SidewinderB4 said:

Well colour me impressed. (Whatever colour that may be) 

That's one pretty dang tight fitting Node202! So does the cover fit on with no issues? I'm loving the whole colour scheme, makes me want to go and buy some Irn-bru..  

Make sure you keep us up to date on the tempered glass idea, if I'd put that much effort in to squeeeezing that in a 202 I'd want to see it too! 

What's in like on the Aural side? 

Absolutely no clearance issues whatsoever with the top cover - you really wouldn't know what had been done to the insides once it is closed up. I am actually really impressed with the noise levels. For such thin fans - they don't whine or anything. At startup the pump makes a lot of noise, but after about 30 seconds it settles down and when it's sat in the cabinet under the TV, you can barely hear the system running.

duc sequere aut de via decede

CPU: i7 6800K | Mobo: MSI X99 Gaming Pro Carbon | GPU: SLI EVGA 980 Ti Hydro Copper | PSU: EVGA 1000P2 | Memory: 64 DDR4 Corsair Dominator Platinum | Storage: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M.2 & Samsung 850 Evo 1TB| Case: Be Quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 | Display: Predator X34 & Dell U2715H | Cooling: Custom Loop

Custom hard line watercooled Fractal Node 202 ITX build log

19 minutes ago, SonoDanshi said:

Absolutely no clearance issues whatsoever with the top cover - you really wouldn't know what had been done to the insides once it is closed up. I am actually really impressed with the noise levels. For such thin fans - they don't whine or anything. At startup the pump makes a lot of noise, but after about 30 seconds it settles down and when it's sat in the cabinet under the TV, you can barely hear the system running.

Excellent! 

So when are you busting out the Racing seat and giving PC or AC a bash? Be interesting to see the temps when you've been abusing it for a few races. :)

Spoiler

CPU: i7 7700k. MOBO: MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon. RAM: 32Gb DDR4 Team Group Dark Pro 3k . GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTWx2. Storage: 64GB SSD, 250GB SSD,480GB SSD, 1.5TB HDD. PSU: EVGA Supanova 750W G2. Case: NZXT H440 Matte Black. Screens: Acer Predator X34 @ 100Hz & AOC 24" G2460F 144hz. KB: Logi G810 Orion Sprectrum. Mouse: Corsair Scimitar RGB Audio: Edifier S550's & ASTRO A50's. Console Peasant?: PS4 & XBone.

2 minutes ago, SidewinderB4 said:

Excellent! 

So when are you busting out the Racing seat and giving PC or AC a bash? Be interesting to see the temps when you've been abusing it for a few races. :)

Well that'll have to wait until my wrist stops being broken, as the steering wheel and force feedback can be brutal at times.

CPU: i7 6800K | Mobo: MSI X99 Gaming Pro Carbon | GPU: SLI EVGA 980 Ti Hydro Copper | PSU: EVGA 1000P2 | Memory: 64 DDR4 Corsair Dominator Platinum | Storage: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M.2 & Samsung 850 Evo 1TB| Case: Be Quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 | Display: Predator X34 & Dell U2715H | Cooling: Custom Loop

2 minutes ago, SonoDanshi said:

Well that'll have to wait until my wrist stops being broken, as the steering wheel and force feedback can be brutal at times.

Touché...

You'll have to get me a picture of it al set up at some point, seeing as I'm a nosey git and all that :)

Spoiler

This just solidifies my love for the Node 202 even more :o

Although, I personally would have had the fans blow down into the radiator instead of suck through, just because it would irritate me knowing the GPU block was getting covered in dust. 

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

wow. That's tight hehe

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

3 hours ago, SonoDanshi said:

Final update time!

<snip>

I haven't done a great deal of benching and haven't done any overclocking yet, but the CPU idles at 24c and peaked out at 67c on the highest core when benchmarking. I definitely plan to push things beyond stock but with such small thermal capacity I imagine things will spike very quickly beyond a certain point. I also have plans to cut the top of the Node202 out and replace it with some beveled tempered glass so I can actually see all the hard work that has gone into it.

Really, really great work! Love what you've done in the same case as me!

Have I missed something, where are your drives?

I managed to cram 3 SSD's into mine, literally just shoving them in there, not even bothering with the included mounts as the cables that came with the included PSU had the SATA power the wrong way to work with the provided drive bracket!

27 minutes ago, OPSJono said:

Really, really great work! Love what you've done in the same case as me!

I managed to cram 3 SSD's into mine, literally just shoving them in there, not even bothering with the included mounts as the cables that came with the included PSU had the SATA power the wrong way to work with the provided drive bracket!

M2 SSD yo! :) He doesn't really need storage in the Node except for the windows install. 

Spoiler

curious, are you able to fit a full size fan on the open side of the GPU? I remember Kyle from Awesomesauce was able to but it didn't have a waterblock

Silverstone FT-05: 8 Broadwell Xeon (6900k soon), Asus X99 A, Asus GTX 1070, 1tb Samsung 850 pro, NH-D15

Resist!

2 hours ago, OPSJono said:

As @SidewinderB4 said, I am just using a 256GB M.2 on the underside of the motherboard as I just need an OS and a few racing sims installed. All of my media is on a NAS and streams across the network.

24 minutes ago, Heesleemer said:

curious, are you able to fit a full size fan on the open side of the GPU? I remember Kyle from Awesomesauce was able to but it didn't have a waterblock

No I can't as the radiator has to be pushed as far to the back of the case to allow for the inlet/outlet at the front. This means that the "2nd" fan actual finishes under the GPU by about 8mm (using a full size fan there had originally been my plan/hope though).

I actually shit bricks when I saw the baity title on youtube from Kyle as I was halfway through my project at the time when he uploaded it and I thought he beat me to the punch.

17 minutes ago, tj1795 said:

Such a wicked build. Top job mate.

Cheers :)

This is so good. I would like to see some firestrike numbers as well as temps though. Overall cool build.

1 hour ago, beach_boy98 said:

This is so good. I would like to see some firestrike numbers as well as temps though. Overall cool build.

I spent a couple of hours last night overclocking and benching, so I hope #1 in the world for the CPU/GPU combo is good enough? >>link<<

firestrike_board.png

I didn't get any screenshots of temps (I'll do that later today when I have time) but after ~2hours of continuous benching the GPU (core clocked to 1100MHz) capped out at 57c and the CPU (clocked to 4.5GHz) topped out at 81c

For daily driving though, I'll most likely drop the CPU back to 4.4 or 4.3 as the temps really spike at 4.5GHz

9 minutes ago, SonoDanshi said:

-SNIP-

Congrants. Really cool build. Guess the nano is good for something

1 minute ago, beach_boy98 said:

Congrats. Really cool build. Guess the nano is good for something

Thanks, I'm pretty happy with the end result. And yeah the Nano has a place even if the price/performance is shockingly bad.

Fantastic! 

Well done.  So technically if someone can't prove otherwise you have two records now! 

Proud of you! (Mansniffs)

Spoiler

1 minute ago, SidewinderB4 said:

Fantastic! 

Well done.  So technically if someone can't prove otherwise you have two records now! 

Proud of you! (Mansniffs)

I guess so, but considering there are only about 100 scores submitted for a Nano + 6600k, I'm not exactly top of a big pile - especially when you see the guy I knocked off 1st place hasn't cleaned up his benchmarks so his scores are littered everywhere in the list.

im SURE i hit the follow button but aparently not, didnt see this build untill now. looks absolutly awesome and i love it. good job man :D 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

This is amazing, well done! I'm considering doing my own sleeving, care to share what/where you got your materials from?

Gamma v2.2 | i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz| Dark Rock TF | ASRock Z170 OC Formula | G-SKILL TridentZ Royal 2x16Gb 3200mhz | MSI GTX 1070 Ti Titanium | Sandisk 120Gb SSD | WD Black 1Tb HDD | Corsair RMx 850w | Corsair Spec Alpha | MSI Optix G27C2/2x19" monitors/34" Insignia tv

Spoiler

Secondary rig status: Blendin Blandin | Xeon E5 2670 E3 ES | Noctua L12s | ASRock X99 OC Formula | 48Gb Ram Smoothie | EVGA 980ti Superclocked+ | ADATA SU800 | SFFTime P-Atx | 

1 hour ago, mr.squishy said:

This is amazing, well done! I'm considering doing my own sleeving, care to share what/where you got your materials from?

Thanks :) I got all the sleeving supplies from MainframCustom. I think it was something like 20ft of each color (black, gray and orange), I ordered 200 terminal pins so I had plenty of leftovers, all the various terminal blocks, 8ft of 3:1 heat shrink (got some left over), Gosumodz aluminum wire combs :x plus some crimpers, wire strippers and some flush cutters.

Honestly, I can't see myself building a system where I don't do my own cables from now (I'm actually looking at my cablemods ones in my main rig with a certain amount of disgust as well.

16 hours ago, SonoDanshi said:

Thanks :) I got all the sleeving supplies from MainframCustom. I think it was something like 20ft of each color (black, gray and orange), I ordered 200 terminal pins so I had plenty of leftovers, all the various terminal blocks, 8ft of 3:1 heat shrink (got some left over), Gosumodz aluminum wire combs :x plus some crimpers, wire strippers and some flush cutters.

Honestly, I can't see myself building a system where I don't do my own cables from now (I'm actually looking at my cablemods ones in my main rig with a certain amount of disgust as well.

What gauge wire did you use?

Gamma v2.2 | i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz| Dark Rock TF | ASRock Z170 OC Formula | G-SKILL TridentZ Royal 2x16Gb 3200mhz | MSI GTX 1070 Ti Titanium | Sandisk 120Gb SSD | WD Black 1Tb HDD | Corsair RMx 850w | Corsair Spec Alpha | MSI Optix G27C2/2x19" monitors/34" Insignia tv

Spoiler

Secondary rig status: Blendin Blandin | Xeon E5 2670 E3 ES | Noctua L12s | ASRock X99 OC Formula | 48Gb Ram Smoothie | EVGA 980ti Superclocked+ | ADATA SU800 | SFFTime P-Atx | 

17 hours ago, SonoDanshi said:

CableMod cables (esp the less recent ones) are really disappointing in person... I just had Ensourced Customs do mine recently and they are phenomenal. Obviously though if you have supplies then dyi baby. I really didn't want to buy everything and store leftovers.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

51 minutes ago, mr.squishy said:

What gauge wire did you use?

16AWG

Wow! Made an account just to congratulate you! I've been fascinated with the Node 202 for a while now, and ever since I saw Awesomesauce's AIO CPU watercooling video I kept thinking about doing a full custom project just like yours, but I never really believed it would be possible! 

Unfortunately, due to lack of time and money I will have to go with air cooling, and try to make the best of it. A blower style Nvidia Pascal card with some additional low profile case fans should do just fine... But since I'm quite happy with my system now, I'll wait and see what Team Red has to offer GPU-wise in the near future... (RX 490 maybe?)

I have one rather specific question for any Node 202 owners out there: I need to know the dimensions of the mounting frame for the CPU vent dust filter in the top panel. I was thinking about using a slim 140mm fan with 120mm mounting points for the CPU (without using the dust filter), but this frame on the inside of the panel might limit the maximum usable height for the cooler. I can't find the dimensions anywhere...

50 minutes ago, SirMoeJoe said:

Wow! Made an account just to congratulate you! I've been fascinated with the Node 202 for a while now, and ever since I saw Awesomesauce's AIO CPU watercooling video I kept thinking about doing a full custom project just like yours, but I never really believed it would be possible! 

Unfortunately, due to lack of time and money I will have to go with air cooling, and try to make the best of it. A blower style Nvidia Pascal card with some additional low profile case fans should do just fine... But since I'm quite happy with my system now, I'll wait and see what Team Red has to offer GPU-wise in the near future... (RX 490 maybe?)

I have one rather specific question for any Node 202 owners out there: I need to know the dimensions of the mounting frame for the CPU vent dust filter in the top panel. I was thinking about using a slim 140mm fan with 120mm mounting points for the CPU (without using the dust filter), but this frame on the inside of the panel might limit the maximum usable height for the cooler. I can't find the dimensions anywhere...

Wow thanks for registering just for me - I'd be even happier if you were a sponsor or a benevolent millionaire, but you can't have everything in life ;)

I am at work right now, but I'll measure up for you once I get home and DM you unless someone beats me to it.