Cooler Master CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid-I for 59€?

Evann

Hi,

right now i could get the  Cooler Master CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid-I with MX-Brown Switches (new) for around 59€ - is that a good damn good price?

I haven't seen it elsewhere for under 100€, but to me it seems that the price is pretty fluctuating. (I'm from Germany, but I'd be interested in the cost in other Countrys)

Since i already have a mechanical Keyboard i don't really need anotherone - but if its really such a good price i'd go for it. (try out new switches, as mobile Keyboard etc.)

Has anyone made personal expierence with it?

Thanks ! :) 

Good keyboard, but if you already have one I would save the dough for something else. The only issue I have had with mine is that sometimes on start up it fails to turn 'on', so you have to occasionally pull the wire out and put it back in.

12 minutes ago, KE2012 said:

Good keyboard, but if you already have one I would save the dough for something else. The only issue I have had with mine is that sometimes on start up it fails to turn 'on', so you have to occasionally pull the wire out and put it back in.

Yea, almost all reviews say that.. Also that the LED's die really really quick. But as much as i have read i  a new firmware Update seems to have fixed that Problem - you should check that^^..

23 minutes ago, Evann said:

Yea, almost all reviews say that.. Also that the LED's die really really quick. But as much as i have read i  a new firmware Update seems to have fixed that Problem - you should check that^^..

I hoped the update  would fix it but yeah nah. Still a problem. 

6 minutes ago, KE2012 said:

I hoped the update  would fix it but yeah nah. Still a problem. 

do you know if its a software issue or if only your device is affected?

1 minute ago, Evann said:

do you know if its a software issue or if only your device is affected?

I'm honestly not too sure. It seems to only be a software issue, but the 'fix' seems to solve most peoples problems, so why has mine persisted? Either way, it only happens every now and then, and fixing it is a two second task. Yes, its annoying, but the kb is still a fantastic piece of kit so I put up with it.  

On 30.5.2016 at 9:46 PM, KE2012 said:

I'm honestly not too sure. It seems to only be a software issue, but the 'fix' seems to solve most peoples problems, so why has mine persisted? Either way, it only happens every now and then, and fixing it is a two second task. Yes, its annoying, but the kb is still a fantastic piece of kit so I put up with it.  

i ordered it yesterday, today it arrived. Awesome looking keyboard - good Quality.. sadly one LED is broken.. i asked the CoolerMaster Support and they said thats a issue of the whole batch... i instantly requested an REM from my vendor - the Supporter was nice enough to tell me which batch had this issue, so i can tell them to send me a new one from another batch..

Actually thats scam.. they know the keyboards has this issue and don't tell the buyer in any way..

1 minute ago, Evann said:

i ordered it yesterday, today it arrived. Awesome looking keyboard - good Quality.. sadly one LED is broken.. i asked the CoolerMaster Support and they said thats a issue of the whole batch... i instantly requested an REM from my vendor - the Supporter was nice enough to tell me which batch had this issue, so i can tell them to send me a new one from another batch..

Actually thats scam.. they know the keyboards has this issue and don't tell the buyer in any way..

Ouch, unlucky man! But I can't knock CM support. I stupidly lost a ctrl key for my board and I asked them where I could buy a replacement, but instead of telling me where they just sent me out a bunch of free key replacements. Awesome guys imo. 

3 minutes ago, KE2012 said:

Ouch, unlucky man! But I can't knock CM support. I stupidly lost a ctrl key for my board and I asked them where I could buy a replacement, but instead of telling me where they just sent me out a bunch of free key replacements. Awesome guys imo. 

yea.. indeed. Just because im curious.. can u tell me the Serial Number of your Keyboard? Or atleast from which batch it is.. as much as i understood the numbers after your country acronym is the date of prudction. 

In my case its DE116. (2016 i suppose)

8 minutes ago, Evann said:

yea.. indeed. Just because im curious.. can u tell me the Serial Number of your Keyboard? Or atleast from which batch it is.. as much as i understood the numbers after your country acronym is the date of prudction. 

I would love to but home visiting the parents atm. So you will have to give me a day or two till I get back, sorry. 

1 hour ago, KE2012 said:

I would love to but home visiting the parents atm. So you will have to give me a day or two till I get back, sorry. 

So i just installed another Firmware, now i can activate the LED by pressing FN+The Key and it turned on. I actually was pretty shocked when it turned on - but its working! :D

btw. is it normal that Keys like CAPS, Scroll Lock and PrintScreen are way brighter than the other ones? - right now i am using "brightness level 2", and it seems they shine - when activated way brighter. (max. level to be exact).

Thank you so much! Have a good time with your parents :)!

6 minutes ago, Evann said:

So i just installed another Firmware, now i can activate the LED by pressing FN+The Key and it turned on. I actually was pretty shocked when it turned on - but its working! :D

btw. is it normal that Keys like CAPS, Scroll Lock and PrintScreen are way brighter than the other ones? - right now i am using "brightness level 2", and it seems they shine - when activated way brighter. (max. level to be exact).

Thank you so much! Have a good time with your parents :)!

Yeah the LEDS can certainly give your vision a 'white spot' if you look into directly into them when you remove the key cas but I haven't had LED's light up with different intensity. Might be an issue. 

5 minutes ago, KE2012 said:

Yeah the LEDS can certainly give your vision a 'white spot' if you look into directly into them when you remove the key cas but I haven't had LED's light up with different intensity. Might be an issue. 

my caps key for example only light up when i activate it.. so if i want the LED to light i HAVE TO WRITE ALL CAPS SADFACE. ^^

23 hours ago, KE2012 said:

yeah mine does that too. 

First LED broken... this time it really is - letter "x" .. -_- damn it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/06/2016 at 4:35 PM, Evann said:

Okay, I know its quite late, but life happens and I got delayed in getting home.  Here is my batch no. GKCM1 (I think that is the right no)

35 minutes ago, KE2012 said:

Okay, I know its quite late, but life happens and I got delayed in getting home.  Here is my batch no. GKCM1 (I think that is the right no)

well.. time passed.. 

if you're interested.. as i said the "x" LED wasn't working anymore, so i requested RMA from my vendor, since he hasn't got the keyboard on stock, they offered me a 10€ refund if i'll still want to keep it.. i accepted - now i RMA'ed it directly from CoolerMaster, saved another 10€ :P - 49€ for a 120€ keyboard is quite solid ^^.

1 hour ago, Evann said:

well.. time passed.. 

if you're interested.. as i said the "x" LED wasn't working anymore, so i requested RMA from my vendor, since he hasn't got the keyboard on stock, they offered me a 10€ refund if i'll still want to keep it.. i accepted - now i RMA'ed it directly from CoolerMaster, saved another 10€ :P - 49€ for a 120€ keyboard is quite solid ^^.

That's a bloody bargain haha. Definitely worth it for that price.